• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

YGO FAQ Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I think it's a Trap called Curse of Darkness that does it.

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
That'll hurt me, not them though...

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Well, I'm planning on a new deck, and need help on some rulings.

Can King of the Swamp search out Super Polymerization? The text says "a Polymerization Spell Card", so I would tihnk so. However, it's from AST, so there could have been some changes.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Alright, here's one considering the multiple wordings on Special Summonings. You know how there are too forms of 'exclusive' Special Summoning?

"This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon...."
"This monster can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon...."

I believe there's a difference, if not, stop me now. Now, the ruling of The Light - Hex Sealed Fusion states:

This monster’s second effect cannot be used to Special Summon Fusion Monsters that can only be Summoned by Fusion Summon, such as “Dark Paladin”.

Now, and Elemental Hero Fusion says the former of the two above, "cannot", rather than "can only" like the ruling on Hex. Does that mean that Hex's second effect can be used on Hero Fusions?

Nuetral_RF

best at what he does
Alright, here's one considering the multiple wordings on Special Summonings. You know how there are too forms of 'exclusive' Special Summoning?

I believe there's a difference, if not, stop me now. Now, the ruling of The Light - Hex Sealed Fusion states:

Now, and Elemental Hero Fusion says the former of the two above, "cannot", rather than "can only" like the ruling on Hex. Does that mean that Hex's second effect can be used on Hero Fusions?

I don't really understand your question, so I will explain each "exclusive" Special Summoning.

The only way to Special Summon this monster is by Fusion Summon. Once summoned, you cannot special summon it again from the graveyard with cards like Monster Reborn. These are also referred to as "Nomis."

This card must initially be special summoned by Fusion summon. You cannot use cards like Cyber Stein or Metamorphosis to special summon these monsters. Once Fusion Summoned however, you can special summon them again from you graveyard with cards like Monster Reborn.

EDIT: Relooking you question, Hex cannot special summon E-Hero Fusions with its effect. Hex can only special summon fusions without any limitations.

Last edited:

Yami Ron

Elite Member
All the "This monster can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon" have been errataed to the "cannot... except by" clause.

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
Sorry, how do you mean?

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
just say a monster can only be special summoned by tributing 3 monsters (or other things), could i use a monster reborn, or other revival card to special summon it, but still having to sacrifice the required cards?

No, if the card can only be Special Summoned in a certain way, then it can only be Special Summoned that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.