• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[YGO] If you were in charge of the March 08 List...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

As the title says, if Konami gave you full control over the March 2008 Banned and Restricted list, what would you make it look like?

My changes would be:

Forbidden:
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Demise the King of Armageddon
Destiny Hero - Disk Commander
Il Blud
Mirror Force
Snipe Hunter

Restricted:
Advanced Ritual Art
Cauis the Shadow Monarch (Marshmallon was on the list before release)
Creature Swap
Cyber Dragon
Destiny Draw
Granmarg the Rock Monarch
Gravekeeper's Spy
Foolish Burial
Instant Fusion
Light and Darkness Dragon
Metamorphosis
Mobius the Frost Monarch
Raiza the Storm Monarch
Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
Zombie Master

Semi-Limit:
Cloudian - Sheep Cloud (Plasma abuse...)
Evil Hero Malicious Edge
Pyramid Turtle

No Longer Limited:
Apprentice Magician

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Forbidden:

Destiny Hero Disk Commander
Il Blud

Restricted:

Cauis the Shadow Monarch
Cloudian Sheep Cloud
Destiny Draw
Granmarg the Rock Monarch
Mobius the Frost Monarch
Pyramid Turtle
Raiza the Storm Monarch
Zombie Master

Semi-Restricted:

Cyber Dragon
Foolish Burial
Gravekeeper's Spy
Hydrogeddon

No Longer Limited:

Apprentice Magician

Ill probably edit this later on, but this is what I have for now.

Forbidden:

Restricted:

Il Blud
Cauis the Shadow Monarch
Cloudian Sheep Cloud
Destiny Draw
Raiza the Storm Monarch
Zombie Master

Semi-Restricted:

Cyber Dragon
Foolish Burial
Gravekeeper's Spy
Hydrogeddon
Pyramid Turtle

No Longer Limited:

Apprentice Magician

Ill probably edit this later on, but this is what I have for now.

What's in bold is just my thoughts on change for it..though I'm not exactly great with this..

It's funny how everyoen here thinks they'll actually ban gorz; if he's been otu fro so long, what makes you think he'll be banend now?

Il Blud isn't the best leg of Zombie decks, unlike Pyramid Turtle,Zombie Master or Book of Life.(not like they'll be hit due to their current status in the metagame with crow raping every deck with a graevayrd reliance).

Light and Darkness Dragon may be limited, but since it hasn't been limite dor anything an the OCG, it most likely will stay alive as unrestricted.

Monarchs won't get restricted at all; end of story. UDE/Konami loves them too much.

HydroGeddon has rarely been used, and isn't exactly as borken as Destiny draw or something; it should stay unlimited.

Why would Foolish be semi-restricted? It's only used at one anyway.

Sheep is just slow.

GK Spy won't be semi'ed, they would only give her a restriction if it was being overused.

Destiny Draw would have been limited last format if they had plans to do so, same with Disk.

Disk was limited on the Sept 07 list though. And considering how it's being used in non-Destiny Hero decks as a draw engine, it does constitute a banning

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
Disk was limited on the Sept 07 list though. And considering how it's being used in non-Destiny Hero decks as a draw engine, it does constitute a banning

So Dekoichi and Skelengel should be banned as well? It's still partly difficult to send it to the grave and revive it back. I agree with .Bright Side. with your choices.

For me, I don't have any because so far no deck is overpowered in this format so far.

isn't too hard really, CotH , Premature Burial, and in Destiny Hero decks: Fear Monger.
Trust me, I use it in a D-hero deck, it is really easy, unlike Skelengal, Dark Mimic LV1 and Skelengal which are one trick ponies, Disk Commander can be used over and over

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
Forbidden

Reasoning
Treeborn Frog

Restricted

Cauis the Shadow Monarch
Creature Swap
Demise the King of Armageddon
Foolish Burial
Il Blud
Macrocosmo
Mobius the Frost Monarch
Raiza the Storm Monarch

Semi-Limit

Cyber Dragon
Pyramid Turtle

No Longer Limited

Apprentice Magician

Thats all I can think of at this moment..

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
lol, I can see everyone restricting everything they PERSONALLY hate without thinking too much of the game.

Gorz is fine at one, Sure it's a skillless card, but situational at best when it can respond to nothing but what, demise? Thats about it without you having to play with a ridiculous risk, and with all the Pullings and Solemns popular right now, it'd just get negated anyway.

Il Blud hasnt seen top 16 since it came out. Zombies are about to be at their peak with phantom darkness and we should leave them be to see if at least one deck wont be perfect circle..

Demise was nowhere to be found at SJC orlando (I was there.) So restricting it is just hate. The deck is stopped just as easily with Rugs and Solemns, why further restrict something thats not broken.

With a treeborn frog ban, people wouldnt be as likely to play monarchs in numbers as high as 6 adn 7 of them, so they wont be as much an issue it seems. Not to mention its just another decktype thats easily shut down by sidedecking, or main techs, and Konami realizes this. The reason Monarchs run so rampant is because 3 out of 5 players are playing MONARCHS.

Light and Darkness dragon is in no way broken. Enough said.

Mirror force is only as good as the player that gets hit by it makes it. Enough said.

Cyber Dragon? Please. It STILL isnt broken, quit criping about it already.

Now when you take into account the cards from the new set, and whats being overly played right now, I come up with this.

Ban:
Disk Commander (its way easier to reuse than you think. I made R/G creator and drew 8 cards in one turn. Thats retarded.)

Dark Magician of Chaos (Cards from PTDN are gonna make it too easy to keep reviving it, even if it does remove itself from the game.)

Restrict:
Pheonix Wing Wind Blast (Sure its a trap card and doesent boast 2400 attack, but players are more prepared to take on a monarch, and this card aids GY control MUCH better than Raiza, and you know how much this game is affected by GY control.)

Dark Calling (You dont restrict the engine, you restrict the kill card. Reasoning/Gate isnt the broken part of the Dark Gaia OTK. The dark Miracle Fusion is.)

Foolish Burial. (Too. Many. Cards. To pitch crap into the graveyard.)

All Out Attack (Causes an easy, but situational OTK with Stone Statue of the Aztecs and
Ojama Trio.)

Chain Material (Causes an easier loop with a searchable Fusion gate, and a searchable Cannon Soldier, or Mass Driver. Way to go Electrum....)

Dark Armed Dragon (With that removal ability, and that possible turn 1 drop, its like a brand new BLS with no double attack, and theres no way you should allow three.)

Darklord Zerrato (A tribute summon that shouldnt be to hard for a deck dedicated to getting it out, and it has easy Raigeki? I'm thinking it should be banned, but everything deserves a chance to be played and see how bad it is...)

Limit:

Book of Moon (Why is this still restricted? Wean it off....)

D.D. Warrior Lady (She was at one b/c of BLS. How long has he been banned again? Wean her off too...

Makyura the Destructor (His OTK is freakin RIDICULOUS to pull off. Anyone taken out by chick the yellow deserves to lose...)

Off the list:

Royal Decree. (Come on...)

Status
Not open for further replies.