• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

YGO: The Duelist Genesis

http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/4565892/

Next set after Light of Destruction announced already.

-Continuation of Starter Deck 2008
-"The Duelist Genesis" shows the start of a new series (Next season of YGOGX or after?)
-Includes a new rule element and a new monster category make their appearance.

Mikami

Man with Many Faces
Interesting, it seems kinda early to announce a new set IMO but thats just me. I wonder when that new thingy in SD 08 is gonna be leaked Im curious about it.

Eh, I just post it as they come. Besides this site has reliable information even if it seems early..

Mikami

Man with Many Faces
Eh, I just post it as they come. Besides this site has reliable information even if it seems early..

Shriek and Manjyome Thunder are 2 great sources, it just seemed a little early since we barely have anything on Light of Destruction(I think thats the one after PTDN)

zeppelin

echospace obsessive
-"The Duelist Genesis" shows the start of a new series (Next season of YGOGX or after?)

I think it'll be an entirely new sereies of Yugioh, though hopefully they'll drop the Yu-gi-oh from it and just call it Duel Monsters.

Also seems far to early for some info on new sets, so mabye their will be a barrage of information on LODN( or whatever it is)

Mikami

Man with Many Faces
I think it'll be an entirely new sereies of Yugioh, though hopefully they'll drop the Yu-gi-oh from it and just call it Duel Monsters.

You do realize that would make every card in the sets prior un-usable do to the impending change of the logo on the back if that happens right? Im referring to the logo in the botton right not to be confused with the card back design.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I'm guessing the new rule and such are those being introduced in the Starter Deck?

In this case, if the new part of the anime is in fact apart from GX, it could be something pretty original, maybe other than the popular "Hero" assumption.

Mikami

Man with Many Faces
I'm guessing the new rule and such are those being introduced in the Starter Deck?

I think so it says continuation in the article.

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
The Japanese are always on a rush to show the new packs. I like the name, Duelist Genesis, the new monster category is probably the lead characters's deck.

Jimmy-Foster

Problem magnet
New series???? end of E-hero cards!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my life is ruined my life is all about jaden and his e-hero cards!!!!!!!!

Jimmy-Foster

Problem magnet
New series???? end of E-hero cards!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my life is ruined my life is all about jaden and his e-hero cards!!!!!!!!

zeppelin

echospace obsessive
You do realize that would make every card in the sets prior un-usable do to the impending change of the logo on the back if that happens right? Im referring to the logo in the botton right not to be confused with the card back design.

Oh no, i meant the anime title.

cybermew

A la lune!

Hopefully, the Evill heroes will get some new monsters, and trust me, your life is not ruined, you will find another useless set of monsters to fanboy. Move onto evil heroes, they are so much better.

Anyway, onto subject, its says G60 on the site, so I'm pretty sure its a new series and we'll find a new type of warrior or spelltaster (It'll be one of them, won't it). But I don't think hero will be introduced, stratos is too large all ready.

Mikami

Man with Many Faces
Wouldn't it be cool if one of the characters in the new series used a Batteryman deck...

:)

That would be interesting, your deck would sell out fast if its a OTK Batteryman deck. I would like them to use overlooked archetypes honestly that would be interesting, or evens ones not mentioned in GX (yeah monarchs Im looking at you) Even though they had the Monarch duelists in Season 2, more or less Im not counting that because they had decks around a single monarch.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
That would be interesting, your deck would sell out fast if its a OTK Batteryman deck. I would like them to use overlooked archetypes honestly that would be interesting, or evens ones not mentioned in GX (yeah monarchs Im looking at you) Even though they had the Monarch duelists in Season 2, more or less Im not counting that because they had decks around a single monarch.

My deck is Batteryman OTK :)

What other decks do you think might be used?

Aliens? Gemini?

Mikami

Man with Many Faces
What other decks do you think might be used?

Aliens? Gemini?

A successful Gemeni engine would be interesting. Have Samurais been used? Im pretty sure not that would be cool. :)

Jimmy-Foster

Problem magnet
Hopefully, the Evill heroes will get some new monsters, and trust me, your life is not ruined, you will find another useless set of monsters to fanboy. Move onto evil heroes, they are so much better.

bro i got an evil hero deck going i just need more cards for it im only flipping cuz ive put ALOT of money into my e-heros and im not fanboying anything just so you know i liked the e-heros before yugioh gx aired in Canada/Usa when my dad got avian burstinatrix Clayman and Sparkman from The lost mellenium SE box. its a long story but its evolved into my E-hero deck. and anyone can check it out by reading my fan fic, when i find time to put it online.

on topic, i wonder what there going to do for this like they've had mellenium items theyre wiped off the face of the earth. Duel academy a school they cant possibly go there again and how far in the future will this one be Cause GX was 10 years after YU-GI-OH will this be 10 years after GX?????
Maybe this seasons main character will use a dragon deck and maybe seto kaiba will duel or maybe SETO HAS A SON!!! ok thats farfetched i know and prolly will never happen but maybe just maybe they'll actually bring back the origanal character as parents to a new crop of duelists.

Last edited: