• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yoko Taro Game Discussion NieR, NieR: Automata, Drakengard)

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
So, I'm sure everyone here knows about NieR:Automata, and how amazing of a game it was. Hopefully, this prompted people into playing the other games that Yoko Taro has created (regardless of the crappy framerate of Drakengard 3, and the less than stellar gameplay of NieR:Gestalt/Replicant). With the upcoming year, I feel like we may get a remake of Gestalt/Replicant, and honestly?? I'm so excited?? To be honest, I enjoyed the first games a lot more (not to gunwun or anything, I genuinely liked the story a lot more and it was more impactful to me), and I'm super excited to potentially have Platinum do the gameplay for the first NieR game. What are y'alls thoughts on the series? Have you played any other works by the madman himself?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't have a whole lot to contribute, sadly, but part of me wonders if they would get a less fanservice-y 2B in Smash.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yoko Taro made them patch a game to keep 2B's butt big, if we get 2B in Smash she ain't getting toned down.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I highly doubt they'd tone her down, tbh. Yoko Taro loves sexy women. I respect that.
I mean, we did get Bayonetta for Smash so... I don't think much can be done in terms of trying to tone her down.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I guess I should clarify.

I was thinking in terms of what was acceptable for the CERO rating in Japan. Sakurai had to tone down Bayonetta and not include Mai from Fatal Fury when deciding how the DLC will be presented. I was thinking more in terms of the clothing, which from my understanding, is a leotard. Perhaps they would make it slightly more modest. I don't necessarily think a big behind would gain that much attention, as long as it's not on the levels of some obscene hentai.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know anything about that, but now that I do it makes plenty of sense. They'll probably just not have her do any super dynamic moves that can potentially be ~too revealing~, I suppose. Yoko Taro has said he'd do whatever collaboration as long as he gets money, lmao. I respect him for being so honest haha

NPC

sleep researcher
I love Yoko Taro's games, even though the gameplay can be tedious. Drakengard is straight-up painful to play sometimes. Drakengard 3 and NieR are real diamonds in the rough, though. I liked NieR: Automata, but I felt like it was too heavy on the action and the open world was unnecessary. What I like the most about these games is their unique atmosphere and dark sense of humor. Still, I look forward to whatever Taro does next.