• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yoshinichi's Fakemon Sprite Nook

What do you think of my Fakemon?

• Terrible!

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Not bad.

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Pretty good.

Votes: 27 32.1%
  • Great!

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Awesome!

Votes: 19 22.6%

• Total voters
these are cool can i use scootie the torkoal pre and the swalot evo? Please those two fakemon concepts i cannot find and i love them

Sorry, I can't let you use it for any games or projects. Your free to use them in a signature if you give credit.

Newly recoloured/reshaded Gobblot. I think it suits it quite well. Maybe old Gobblot will be the shiny if I edit it slightly.
swalotevo2.gif

Also, I sprited the fire starter for my region!

Krokindle #004
starter.gif

Tiny Gator Pokemon
Ability:Blaze
Type:Fire
Height:1'04" ft
Weight:13.8 lbs
Description:Krokindle can be a challenge to raise for beginning trainers occasionally, due to its habit for biting down on things out of affection. The flames it shoots from its back can make opponents think Krokindle is bigger than it really is.​

Great sprites, but the Grass starter seems similar to Chikorita (the concept, not literally- grass dino?) and the Fire seems really similar to Cydnaquil, though.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
*Hugs* Finally a torkal related pokemon! So what if it's a pre-evolution, it's cute none the less!

Great sprites, but the Grass starter seems similar to Chikorita (the concept, not literally- grass dino?) and the Fire seems really similar to Cydnaquil, though.

Yeah, I actually had some inspiration from Chikorita when designing Beralop. Do you think it's the skin color or face that's reminiscent of Chikorita? I intend on recolouring him sometime.

I'm thinking I'm going to base my region off of Canada now, seeing as it is my homeland. Who cares if it's not "traditional"? This, of course, means I'm scrapping that region sprite for my region, but I'll leave it up there for people to see anyways.

And with that, I introduce to you the Water starter of my unnamed region. It's a water type based off a predaceous diving beetle, and to make things "normal" in the beginning, it starts off as a pure Water type and gains a Bug type when it evolves.

Scubug #007
water_starter8975259866-iaza.gif

Young Float Pokemon
Ability:Torrent
Type:Water
Height:1'08" ft
Weight:7 lbs
Description:Scubug's tube can deflate or inflate at will, by inhaling or exhaling more air than normal. Their goggle-like eyes make hunting underwater easy for this Pokemon, though they usually only feed on the algae from ponds or lakes.​

Last edited:

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
First of all, I love the new colors of Gobblot. It actually suits it better than orange. Then again, blue pretty much suits anything better than orange. On the other hand, the shading on the dark grey's really out of whack. there shouldn't be any highlights at all on the dark grey at the bottom, as well as another darker shade further down.

Krokindle's great and very cute, but the end of its tail has quite a cluster of pixels. That's really all I have to say.

Lastly, Scubug isn't very bug-like. I'd say to make it more like a water strider but that's already been done. Maybe it'd make more sense if it were sort of like Ariados, but with a smaller version of the head. Don't get me wrong, it's a great sprite as is, but t just doesn't strike me as being a bug.

Lastly, Scubug isn't very bug-like. I'd say to make it more like a water strider but that's already been done. Maybe it'd make more sense if it were sort of like Ariados, but with a smaller version of the head. Don't get me wrong, it's a great sprite as is, but t just doesn't strike me as being a bug.

http://magickcanoe.com/insects/divingbeetle-swim-2-large.jpg Well, it's based on a predaceous diving beetle, so I'd like to ask what kind of features could I give Scubug to look more like one, while still keeping that Pokemon feel and uniqueness it currently has? Technically speaking, it's not a Bug type until it evolves, but it still should look like a bug, I know.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
So that makes this a literal interpretation of a diving beetle then. XD I get it. Still, even if it's a pre-volution, it needs some bug-like qualities so it doesn't seem like such an awkward change when it evolves. I really don't know what to suggest, but seeing its evo would probably help. Ya know, when that's done. So this one might need some redesigning once its evo gets here.

Alright. I re-worked the fire starter, so now there's a new fire starter and Krokindle will be demoted to a regular Pokemon, and eventually re-sprited if I feel its necessary.

Rollava #004
armadilo_fire2509977850-iaza.gif

Banded Pokemon
Ability:Blaze
Type:Fire
Height:1'08" ft
Weight:14 lbs
Pokedex Entry:When threatened, Rollava will curl up in a ball and engulf their body in flames. They burrow underground during the rainy season.​

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
I like Scubug! it's cool to me and seems to be great if i can see the Evolution.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
Awww!! Rollava's even better than Krokindle! Although I'd change the title to something other than Banded Pokemon. To me, that sounds like crappy shading. XD Still, the sprite's really good; however, the outline highlights around the nose and mouth sort of blend into the bands on the back, and it looks strange. Also, (I'm not sure how you could do this) but incorporating more fiery elements would make the sprite better. Just seeing that teeny little flame on its head doesn't seem to have a strong enough fire element over the whole sprite. I dunno. But it's still a great sprite, so keep up the good work.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I like the starters, the bird and the swalot evo. Pepperpot is "eh" in my eyes, but overall, nice work!

Awww!! Rollava's even better than Krokindle! Although I'd change the title to something other than Banded Pokemon. To me, that sounds like crappy shading. XD Still, the sprite's really good; however, the outline highlights around the nose and mouth sort of blend into the bands on the back, and it looks strange. Also, (I'm not sure how you could do this) but incorporating more fiery elements would make the sprite better. Just seeing that teeny little flame on its head doesn't seem to have a strong enough fire element over the whole sprite. I dunno. But it's still a great sprite, so keep up the good work.

Crappy shading? I'm a bit confused what you meant by that comment. Did you mean it's badly shaded or something else? I would try to incorporate more fire into Rollava, but when I think about it, take away a Pokemon like Cyndaquil or Charmander's flame, and without further knowledge, you might not be able to tell they were fire types in the first place. All I'm saying is that the evolution will definitely have more firey-elements.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
No, I was just saying that when a spriter uses the term "banded" they mean a sprite that's been badly shaded. Yours is not; it's really very good. I was giving crit on the name in that instance. And okay, more fire in the evolutions might do the trick to make Rollava seem more fiery. As a standalone like it is now, it just isn't a very strong Fire-type. Sorry if I confused you. :D

No, I was just saying that when a spriter uses the term "banded" they mean a sprite that's been badly shaded. Yours is not; it's really very good. I was giving crit on the name in that instance. And okay, more fire in the evolutions might do the trick to make Rollava seem more fiery. As a standalone like it is now, it just isn't a very strong Fire-type. Sorry if I confused you. :D

Well, guess I could just go with the Rolling Pokemon or something. It's alright for confusing me; I understand. I don't ever really take requests, but do you have any suggestions for Fakemon that evolve from real Pokemon or pre-evolutions? I'm open to suggestions and already planning to sprite a Lapras pre-evolution, as well as a Whismur alternate "double evolution" where it evolves twice into new Pokemon. Quisper and Murmumble respectively. They're one of my favourite lines.

I'm currently spriting something non-Fakemon related, but it certainly has to do with the region in general.

Zenosparadox

Happiny<3
i love the water starter. maybe u could add little beetle wings to it. And i dont know but The fire starter i dont really like. The bird looks like it could become a fire type too . also i would be cool if u did a absol evo

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I love the starters, and Gobblet(?) and Scootle. Mainly 'cause I'm a 3rd Gen fan.

But they're all great, it seems you put some effort into your work, and I'm glad to see that.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
Well, there's a lot of Pokemon already out there that totally deserve evolutions or prevolutions. Some would be, Lapras, Skarmory, Torkoal, Mawile, Sableye, Castform, Relicanth, and maybe Spinda. Personally, one I'd like to see is a Lapras evolution. What you could do is create a Fakemon which has most of Lapras' familiar traits, but with a much longer neck and tail and with darker colors. An evo for Torkoal would (it's almost become a cliche now, but I, for one, don't tire of it) be pretty much the same, but larger and with a whole volcano on its back. I really could go on for the rest of the page about it, but I think sprites look best when they're your own ideas. I'm not saying you shouldn't take requests, but mine aren't the best ideas, and if it's your own idea, it'll be much easier to sprite something from your own mind. I'll still do my best to help, though.

scyther_girl

I simply love Crokindle <3
Rollava is cute, but it's hard to see where the nose ends. Separate it from the body with an outline/ highlight. I think its eye is a bit too small.
Pepember is meh. I mean, it's a fire type red pepper, make him more exciting. make him glow, spout fire, green(the expression, not the color), or something.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
Is Krokindle has Evolution? It looks cool to me!

I'll probably be coming up with everything for my fakedex sometime soon, and I'm thinking of making it into 143 Pokemon, rather than 127, so I can have a larger region. I haven't finalized most dex numbers, which is why you see a lot of "???". So here's another pre-evolution... a very common idea but a favourite design of mine!

Laqua #???
desktop2594510735-iaza.gif

Transit Pokemon
Ability:Water Absorb/Shell Armor
Type:Water
Height:2'03" ft
Weight: 25 lbs
Pokedex entry:Laqua are very rarely seen in the wild, but Pokemon trainers often use this Pokemon to deliver parcels across the sea. It may be small, but it is able to brave the coldest depths of the ocean.​