• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You and your Pokemon

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
Just read my sig, all Kyogres are my friends. I've always used one, always will.

Oshawattson

Pokemon Addict...
My pokemon are just creatures made of pixels on a screen, but sometimes I wish they WERE real. That'd be awesome.

ChrisKoala

Eater of Nachos
I care about my Pokemon. I took time to breed them right, raise them right, and give them the right moves. I spent time getting Battle Points to give them the best moves and to give them great items. I spend lots of time at the Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, and doing Random WiFi Matches. If I lost my game, I'd be upset more at the fact that I have to raise them again rather than the fact that I lost thirty bucks.

So, yeah. I guess I care about my Pokemon because I put a lot of effort into them. Their something to be proud of. Hard work pays off and all that.

I don't care about them to a crazy extent. I know they're not real, and I've released tons of newly borns for having the wrong nature. But I do care about the ones I actually spent time on.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I don't consider them as real animals, but since I own two dogs (a Jolteon and Flareon) I know that animals need care, existing or not. I do exert discipline on my Pokémon, though. When my Lv. 38 Mienfoo lost to a Lv. 29 Audino, I put her in my box and gave her a time-out.

finalname09

Na Na Niii
Not emotionally, but my first Pokemon in each game file is always in my team the longest (not consecutively but you know).

I don't mind natures being not great, just really bad ones depending on the Pokemon.

Kiya

Teehee Slayer
They are just pixels but I love my pack. I have a selected few that I will always use but I don't think they have feelings unless I'm rping with them on story line stuff. But game play, I love my houndoom and electrabuzz because the power they hold and the rest are just fun to learn

Celebii21

I don't care about natures. Zip. Zero. None. Even though some don't fit the Pokemon I'm raising (Naughty rayquaza? Bashful Latios?), I still care for them nonetheless. I only use the ones I like, so obviously I'm going bond with them.

0_o That wasn't weird. I can bond with pixels?

wulpix

Trainer of vulpix
I won't say that I'm attached, but I'm not going to use pokemon that I dislike. I dislike Conkeldurr, I think it's an absolute abomination and I will never use it on my team no matter how good it is. Do I like some pokemon more than others? Certainly. But at the same time, you won't find a vulpix on my team even though it's my absolute favorite pokemon. And at the same time I don't really care about natures. I don't battle against others, so unless my team feels like it isn't up to snap against the elite or something, I can't be bothered with EV training or breeding for good natures or IVs. If I do, it's mostly because I'm bored.

Last edited:

Kiya

Teehee Slayer
I won't say that I'm attached, but I'm not going to use pokemon that I dislike. I dislike Conkeldurr, I think it's an absolute abomination and I will never use it on my team no matter how good it is. Do I like some pokemon more than others? Certainly. But at the same time, you won't find a vulpix on my team even though it's my absolute favorite pokemon. And at the same time I don't really care about natures. I don't battle against others, so unless my team feels like it isn't up to snap against the elite or something, I can't be bothered with EV training or breeding for good natures or IVs. If I do, it's mostly because I'm bored.

LOLOLOLOL Conkledurr is good but freaking ugly XD like a skined muscley old man with a clown nose XDDDD i used to use him as a timburr (when he was cute) until he evolved and I was like NOPE!

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
I am not attached to all of them, but my starters and my fighting teams they will allways be present.
My first pokemon was my mudkip who was my first Lv.100 pokemon. I dont use Swampert any more but he will allways be in my boxes, form GEN3 to 4 to 5 and it will be at GEN 5.

Gigastrike

Allow me to quote myself as recent attempt to use thunder failed:

Gigastrike said:
No...GALVANTULAAAAAAAA!!!

I get attached, but not as much as I did when I was a youngling. Thesedays if they are a bad nature I don't give them a second glance and I dislike putting my teams in the PC box. I've got my entire Platinum team in the PC box because I have my shiny Salamence and Absol out. They are favoured due to being shiny and a good nature, they can take on anything... well Salamence can, Absol needs more training.

So yeah I favour pokemon more than get emotionally attached. If my entire Platinum or SS file erased itself I would be beyond gutted but that is mainly due to the fact both have their fair amount of shinies and events. My pokewalker for SS has all the routes unlocked.

A small amount have emotional attachment.
Some shinies due to them being either completally random and having a good nature or they took ages to obtain.

My normal Sneasel named Matilda is adored by myself because oneday I was against a Chansey and I decided to use Theif, Matilda stole a Lucky Egg of this Chansey! I wasn't expecting one.

So yeah shinies and playthrough teams are the most important and I do on occasion talk to them but usually it's a rage from myself due to them not hitting the target when they really should or if they pull off a win when it looked like they were goners. It's great when that happens!

The pokemon I had the most emotianal attachment with are long gone. They died with the battery in my Silver cartridge. I've re-built that team but it's not the same.

Unicorn

Neigh.
Alright, I'll admit it. There are certain Pokemon that I own that I am emotionally attached to. Namely, the ones I have trained to level 100 that have nicknames. I'm not an EV trainer, nor am I a truly competitive battler. I like my Pokemon and I like to think that they are pets or something. I realize that they are pixels but I can't help but feel a small bond with them. My absolute favorite that I own is my shiny Flygon, whom I found as Trapinch in my Sapphire game. I named her Ayaz and I've had her for a very long time. I would be very upset if I ever lost her.

I also tend to look at my Pokemon's natures and mannerisms and view that as their actual personality. I imagine them as real creatures and I think about them as characters. I tend to doodle pictures of them while I'm in school and I daydream about them becoming real. I wish they were real.

So yeah, I do kind of view my Pokemon as having a bit of life, though I am aware that they aren't real. It's just fun to imagine.

yellowproman

trainer of the gods
bouffalant

my favorite pokemon i bouffalant. It is a pokemon made after myself. i mean the fro matches mine to perfection.

river-wolf

Onward to Kalos!
I also tend to look at my Pokemon's natures and mannerisms and view that as their actual personality. I imagine them as real creatures and I think about them as characters. I tend to doodle pictures of them while I'm in school and I daydream about them becoming real. I wish they were real.

Same. I like thinking of each of them as having different personalities and quirks, just like pets and people. I don't care about natures or EV training -- I catch what I catch. If a pokemon has a bad nature, so what? It makes in unique and adds an extra bit of challenge to the game.

I don't get attatched to every single pokemon I catch -- mainly just the ones that stay on my team all the time and that I've beaten the Elite Four with. People on here are griping that it's impossible and/or stupid to get attatched to pokemon since they are not real. I beg to differ, because at least with me, the same thing happens with all sorts of fictional characters -- whether they are in books, video games, TV shows, movies, etc. I hold to the opinion that any time you've stayed with something a long time, and watched it grow, you will get attatched to it in some way or another.

WhiteRaine

ExpertPokemonBreeder
Of course their pixels and always will be but my pokemon have a special place in my heart. I love my Servine most of all because it was my first Unova pokemon. I love my pokemon and haha, yes, I do sometimes like to think their real so I will sometimes talk to them. :p When their battling I'll say "Ohhh that looks like it hurt..." or "Come on Makkai! Tear his head off!" XD I dunno, maybe it's just cuz I'm weird. <3 But I like weird. <3

WhiteRaine

ExpertPokemonBreeder
Same. I like thinking of each of them as having different personalities and quirks, just like pets and people. I don't care about natures or EV training -- I catch what I catch. If a pokemon has a bad nature, so what? It makes in unique and adds an extra bit of challenge to the game.

I don't get attatched to every single pokemon I catch -- mainly just the ones that stay on my team all the time and that I've beaten the Elite Four with. People on here are griping that it's impossible and/or stupid to get attatched to pokemon since they are not real. I beg to differ, because at least with me, the same thing happens with all sorts of fictional characters -- whether they are in books, video games, TV shows, movies, etc. I hold to the opinion that any time you've stayed with something a long time, and watched it grow, you will get attatched to it in some way or another.

Omigosh, I totally agree with both of you 100%! I've never EV trained, I don't "pick out" pokemon natures, I mean, you catch what you catch and you don't throw a nest. XD