• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You are now entering the Magnezone... again

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Re-post of this team last one got closed because of its size which I understand about 1 - 2 pages was just spam from Kujoshan.
At a Glance:
swampert.png
starmie.png
magnezone.png
scizor-m.png
dusknoir.png
salamence.png

In Depth:

The Lead
swampert.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Nature:Relaxed
Ev's:252Hp/216Def/40SpD
Moves
Earthquake
Stealthrock
Ice Beam
Roar

My wall. Very bulky can stop many pokemon and if I dont like the opposing pokemon I use roar and try my luck on something else and also setup stealth rock and roar to damage the whole team. Ev's provide optimal Leftovers recovery.

The Fast Sweeper
starmie.png

Starmie@Choice Scarf
Nature:Timid
Ev's 252Spa/216Spe/40Hp
Moves
Rapidspin
Surf
Icebeam
Grass Knot

RS any Stealthrock and then pretty much kill. Great revenge Sweeper and easy dragon killer.

The Killer
magnezone.png

Magnezone@Life Orb
Nature:Timid
Ev's: 36Hp/252Spa/220Spe
Explosion
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Fire
Flash Cannon

This is the Killer and the basis of my team. Hp Fire is to kill Scizor with ease.Thunderbolt is for Stab and Flash Cannon for Stab and coverage on Ice types that might harm Salamence. Explosion is for anything annoying my team or if his Hp gets too low then I go BOOM!

The Physical Sweeper
scizor.png

Scizor@Choice Band
Nature:Adamant
Ev's:248Hp/252Att/8Def
Moves
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Superpower
U-Turn

Basic Scizor. Mainly used to kill Blissey,Gengar and Tyranitar also to take dragon hits.

The Wall of Defense
dusknoir.png

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature:Impish
Ev's: 252 HP/ 76 Defense/ 180 Special Defense
Moves
Pain Split
Will O'Wisp
Thunder Punch/Fire Punch
Ice Punch

He can annoy the opponent with Pain Split and his Def which practically becomes doubled after Will O'Wisp. Elemental punches for coverage.

The Beast
salamence.png

Salamence@Life Orb
Nature: Naughty
Ev's:232Att/24Spa/252Spe
Moves
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

I know it is different from the Salamence I had on my team before. I decided to go with the DD set because it is pretty easy for me to setup considering EQ's headed towards Magnezone and fire moves headed towards Scizor and grass moves towards Starmie etc. Plus after one DD it is already a problem to deal with when Outrage can 2HKO almost everything and after two DD's almost OHKO everything.

Changes will be in BOLD

Not much left to change on this team just post your thoughts and any changes you would make.

Last edited:

Pachadrisu

IMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!
Not bad but I see a flaw. You don't have a sleep absorber. If you come across some guy *cough, cough, me, cough* that has a fast lead that puts you to sleep, you're kind of ruined. Somebody in your team should have sleep talk, or that berry that wakes you up and the move recycle. But that's just my opinion.

Meryl

Addicted to Hail
His Starmie can work as a sleep absorber with Natural Cure Ability. Since, Starmie is the lead and if he's against a Pokemon that uses sleep on the first turn, that Pokemon would use an attack move or something other than sleep while shiny bagon can just switch to a proper counter.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Not bad but I see a flaw. You don't have a sleep absorber. If you come across some guy *cough, cough, me, cough* that has a fast lead that puts you to sleep, you're kind of ruined. Somebody in your team should have sleep talk, or that berry that wakes you up and the move recycle. But that's just my opinion.

lol your funny Chad I think you should learn some competitive battling before you post on my thread. Starmie has natural cure so if I feel a lead is going to put me to sleep I would simply switch to Starmie as it has the ability natural cure. Also fyi Chad is my friend so dont flame him.

Meryl

Addicted to Hail
I didn't mean to flame. I just explained why you don't need an additional sleep absorber... ^^ But is kiltank also your friend?

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
oh I know you didn't flame him I mean I dont want others to flame him from that post like Kujoshan. And Kiltank is not my friend.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
His Starmie can work as a sleep absorber with Natural Cure Ability. Since, Starmie is the lead and if he's against a Pokemon that uses sleep on the first turn, that Pokemon would use an attack move or something other than sleep while shiny bagon can just switch to a proper counter.

I thought Swampy was his lead? X_X

Anywho, the team seems well-rounded, but I wouldn't actually worry about things like ScarfStatus Venusaur or Yanmega leads if I were you, since you have Scizor with Pursuit that'll most likely kill those pests...

Anyway, I'm not that great of a rater, so I don't see anything life-threating about your team.

But I will find something.
I will.

Mwahahahahaahahahaa.

Oh, and I think a scarf would work better on your zone. Just saying.

Meryl

Addicted to Hail
I thought Swampy was his lead? X_X

Oh. Whoops! My bad. XD I missed Swampert there when I was checking the team. But anyway, Starmie is still the status absorber all the same. Lol.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
Specify please. Actually, it doesn't. Magnezone Traps and kills it with ease. Naive > Naughty on Mence. Magnezone is best with Scarf. I'm not sure how many, but Swampert needs more Special Attack Evs to KO Salamence, my calculator isn't working correctly.

Rhys29

Encore
Specify please. Actually, it doesn't. Magnezone Traps and kills it with ease. Naive > Naughty on Mence. Magnezone is best with Scarf. I'm not sure how many, but Swampert needs more Special Attack Evs to KO Salamence, my calculator isn't working correctly.
Magnezone is not always best with a Scarf: I've had far more success with Choice Specs than I had with Choice Scarf. Remember that you want to say why it is better to go Speed > Power when making a nature change. If his team has the standard Scarf Mence revengers covered then one would enjoy more power than speed. It depends on the team. Why does Swampert need to invest into Ice Beam when with SR support Mence goes down in one hit regardless? And since when should Swampert be investing to kill something that it gets OHKO'd by with even a little bit of residual damage? Some things to think about.

Rhys29

Encore
Ah, not calling you dumb at all, just watching your back and pointing out things for later. I'm not disrespectful like I used to be.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
I guess there is not much more to change I used this team on Shoddy last night but my computer was slow so I went 9-6. 4 of the losses were because my computer was so slow it took one minute out of the five I had to choose a move. Also I would have won all 4 matches because I was already winning about 5-2 or 5-3. The only problems so far have been LO Gengar with Hp Fire it just swept my whole team and a Lanturn after a few speed boosts.

Rhys29

Encore
Well Scizor should always be putting a stop to Gengar since Bullet Punch takes out all LO Variants. If it hits you and doesn't take LO recoil then most likely it is Choiced and thus Pursuit would be rule of thumb. As long as you have SR up you can also check if they are using Lefties Sub Gengar. This way you can keep all Gengar sets in check.

If you didn't catch that ExplodingMuk, he should be running Naive nature on Salamence. This way he can cover Lucario which is currently unchecked. Another thing to change is Starmie: it should be running 40 HP/ 252 Special Attack/ 216 Speed since the fastest thing you're trying to outrun is Scarf Gengar.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Well Scizor should always be putting a stop to Gengar since Bullet Punch takes out all LO Variants. If it hits you and doesn't take LO recoil then most likely it is Choiced and thus Pursuit would be rule of thumb. As long as you have SR up you can also check if they are using Lefties Sub Gengar. This way you can keep all Gengar sets in check.

If you didn't catch that ExplodingMuk, he should be running Naive nature on Salamence. This way he can cover Lucario which is currently unchecked. Another thing to change is Starmie: it should be running 40 HP/ 252 Special Attack/ 216 Speed since the fastest thing you're trying to outrun is Scarf Gengar.

Ok thanks for the Ev update I knew 252/252/4 wouldn't be good for Starmie