• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You are..

GerbilGuy

Goodbye, Serebii
Rmt

Second RMT since I have problems with some of my mons.
Here we go~

Team At a Glance
135-m.png
330-m.png
379-m.png
212-m.png
472-m.png
134-m.png

:Jolteon: | :Flygon: | :Registeel: | :Scizor: | :Gliscor: | :Vaporeon:
jolteg1.png
flygso2.png
regisbu7.png
scizjw4.png
glisck2.png
vapovr8.png

x in the IVs=doesn't matter

135.png

Jolteon@Focus Sash
Timid Nature
(30/x/x/31/x/31)
4 HP / 252 Speed / 252 SpA
- Shadow Ball
- Quick Attack
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunderbolt
a very standard Jolteon.
Thunderbolt is a main STAB, HP Ice is for Grounds, Dragons etc.,
Substitute is for protection and Shadow Ball is a massive attack.
Petaya berry+Substitute+BP makes him a great BPer.
He can perform 4 Subs and survive 3 HP- Activates Petaya berry.

330.png

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Lonely Nature
(x/31/31/25/27/14)
220 Atk / 242 Speed / 46 SpA
- Draco Meteor
- U-Turn
- EQ
- Fire Blast
A ScarfTran counter.
outruns max speed heatran+scarf and OHKOs with one EQ.
OHKOs 76 EVs HP scizor with fire punch, didn't checked other HP EVs.
OHKOs any -SpD nature Salamence with Draco Meteor.
58.97% to OHKO a Neutral nature Salamence with Draco Meteor
33.33% to OHKO any -SpD nature Dragonite.
79.63% - 94.44% Draco Meteor on Neutral nature Dragonite.
3HKOs Support Dragonite with Draco Meteor.
2HKOs Specially Bulky Salamence with Draco Meteor.

379.png

Registeel@Leftovers
Relaxed/Sassy
(?/?/?/?/?/?)
252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD (Relaxed) / 252 HP / 56 SpD / 200 Def (Sassy)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm
Status Absorber.
Great MixWall.
This guy gave me Blue Ace.
ResTalk to activate Status Absorbing.
Ice Punch counters Dragons etc.
Hammer Arm counters Weavile, Tyranitar, Heatran and Magnezone.
EVs makes him Bulky, a very good Bulky pokemon.
Nothing to say more.

212.png

Scizor@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
(x/31/27/x/27/31)
12 HP / 252 Attack / 244 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
By Blue Ace.
Some Tyranitar run Max Speed, and it's far more preferable to outspeed Tyranitar before it can hit you with a Stone Edge, besides Tyranitar will still KO you if you decide to switch in while Stealth Rock is up, making Scizor a poor switch in regardless.

40 HP / 244 Atk / 224 Spe

Which outspeeds Adamant Max Speed Tyrantiar and also gets minimal Life Orb recoil too
Nothing more to tell.
A standard Scizor.

472.png

Gliscor@Letovers
Impish
(?/?/?/?/?/?)
244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Speed
- EQ
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Fang
- Roost
By Blue Ace.
Can set up SR or use Taunt to stop stat ups or set ups and coupled with Fire Fang Gliscor can outstall Skarmory/ Forretress/ Bronzong and even Celebi in addition to hitting Heracross and Breloom for super effective damage.

The 1st spread is the bulkier one and outspeeds Jolly Max Speed Tyranitar and the aforementioned Celebi.
I have done many Damage Calculations.
Lucario's Ice Punch (Max Attack) VS This Gliscor= Only 33.33% to OHKO.
EQ VS any Lucario= OHKO.
2HKOs 252 HP / 152 Def TTar by EQ, if carries Lefties: 72.32% to OHKO.

134.png

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Bold
(31/x/31/30/31/31)
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA*252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed (If I can to fix it)
- Surf
- Hidden Power Electric
- Protect
- Wish
Wish Passer and Gyara Counter.
I know that 124 HP / 252 Def / 132 SpD is a better spread,
but
I already have this Vaporeon at LV 100, and I'm good with it.
Surf is STAB, Hidden Power Electric counters Gyara, Protect to activate wish for self-healing, Wish heals my mons.

Back Pics are from Here | Pics are from Here
Thank you for reading, edits will be in Purple

Last edited:

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Before I start you really need to take off all the color codes, it's just an eyesore and against the rules anyway.

330.png

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Lonely Nature
(x/31/31/25/27/14)
220 Atk / 242 Speed / 46 SpA
- Draco Meteor
- U-Turn
- EQ
- Fire Punch
A ScarfTran counter.
outruns max speed heatran+scarf and OHKOs with one EQ.

The speed investment did not only have Heatran in mind, since it outspeeds it by an excess of 27 stat points, what it had in mind was outspeeding any DD Salamence that are not running Max Speed.

Fire Blast > Fire Punch, honestly, a Flamethrower does far more damage to Skarmory and Forretress than a Fire Punch ever would, also Fire Blast always OHKOs Scizor even if it is running Max HP, where as with Fire Punch there is only an 11% chance Flygon will OHKO max HP Scizor.

Fire Blast vs Skarmory: 61.3% - 72.1% (guaranteed 2HKO)

Compared to Fire Punch vs. Skarmory: 27.2% - 32.0% (doesn't even 4HKO)

395.png

Empoleon@Leftovers
Calm Nature
(31/x/2/31/31/13)
236 HP / 188 Def / 4 Speed / 12 SpA / 70 SpD
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
outruns 4 EVs Speed+31 IVs Speed+Beneficial nature swampert [which is very rare] and survives EQ from 52 Atk EVs.
69.31% - 82.18% Grass Knot on 252 HP / 0 SpD.
Survives max attack electivire's thunder punch but 79.49% to OHKO empoleon with EQ.
63.59% - 75.00% ThunderBolt from 319 SpA Jolteon, 43.38% - 51.84% surf on 4 HP / 0 SpD.
TWO main questions:
-does there is better EV spread?
-does Empoleon and Vaporeon will work well in the same team?

i think i can bread for more Def IVs.
Keep rebreeding, you are wasting well over 200 EVs by using a Defense IV of 2, for example an Empoleon with 31 IVs and 0 Defense Evs still has 5 stat points more than your Empoleon.

212.png

Scizor@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
(x/31/27/x/27/31)
88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Quick Attack / Roost
Standard Scizor.
168 Speed EVs allows me to outrun 196 Spe Tyranitar, no speed Cresselia + Suicune, and Subsitute Heatran- and a standard Magnezone.
88 HP allows me to attack 11 times with Life Orb, and to survive CBTar's Stone Edge.
252 Atk EVs is obviously.
^EVs and description by Kingdrom.

Some Tyranitar run Max Speed, and it's far more preferable to outspeed Tyranitar before it can hit you with a Stone Edge, besides Tyranitar will still KO you if you decide to switch in while Stealth Rock is up, making Scizor a poor switch in regardless.

40 HP / 244 Atk / 224 Spe

Which outspeeds Adamant Max Speed Tyrantiar and also gets minimal Life Orb recoil too.

134.png

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Bold
(31/x/31/30/31/31)
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA
- Surf
- Hidden Power Electric
- Protect
- Wish
Wish Passer and Gyara Counter.
I know that 124 HP / 252 Def / 132 SpD is a better spread,
but I already have this Vaporeon at LV 100, and I'm good with it.
Surf is STAB, Hidden Power Electric counters Gyara, Protect to activate wish for self-healing, Wish heals my mons.

252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe, takes on Gyara the best it can, only being 2HKOed by a DD LO EQ/ Stone Edge less than 25% of the time, and outspeeds other Vaporeon and Swampert, it has absolutely no need for Special Attack whatsoever.

It is very annoying for people to say "it's level 100 so this cannot change", if you are posting here it is because you are willing to do what it takes to make your team competitive, and that attitude and reasoning does not fit at all with the concept. There is no point in rating those people's team's either.

Lose Arcanine, in my opinion, it is doing absolutely nothing really. Flygon and Vaporeon can also switch in on Heatran even if it decides to use Earth Power and Arcanine is the only poke here who is Stealth Rock weak, which is a great hindrance to the team.

You need a solid wall to deal with physical threats, you just cannot rely on resistances/immunity alone, as it stands nothing can even switch in on Heracross and hope to not be 2HKOed, you are heavily relying on situational switch-ins, prediction and revenge killing, than actually being able to stop threats.

Gliscor will fit in quite nicely really, since you lack a good Tyranitar and Heracross switch in and Empoleon compliments it's typing too.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def -SpA)
244 HP/ 188 Def/ 76 Spe
or
116 HP/ 176 Def/ 216 Spe
- Roost
- Stealth Rock/ Taunt
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

Can set up SR or use Taunt to stop stat ups or set ups and coupled with Fire Fang Gliscor can outstall Skarmory/ Forretress/ Bronzong and even Celebi in addition to hitting Heracross and Breloom for super effective damage.

The 1st spread is the bulkier one and outspeeds Jolly Max Speed Tyranitar and the aforementioned Celebi. The 2nd spread is for outspeeding Lucario so it cannot use an SD Ice Punch on you for the OHKO.

Last edited:

randomspot555

My main concern (Blue Ace covered just about everything else) is Jolteon as a starter. It doesn't really do anything, and almost any other common starter will be able to break the subs with little to no effort. And then everything needs to be modified based on what item you use (IE don't use Sub if running Focus Sash).

It's not a BAD starter. It can handle many of the threats in OU. But it doesn't do anything unique.

Blue Ace makes a convincing argument for Fire Blast. Scizor rarely invests in special defense EVs, and it gives you better coverage against other steel types not named Heatran.

Your Draco Meteor calculations are impressive, but you have to think that no Nite/Mence is actually just going to sit there and take the damage over and over again. They'll hit back with their own attacks. That said, Draco Meteor can catch people off guard and can be a powerful revenge killer without locking yourself into the move like Outrage does.

Iron Tail is a much better option than flare blitz...or Overheat. You need Flamethrower...

Dude wth are you talking about?Flare Blitz gets STAB adding to 180 BP,while Iron tail has 100 if I recall correctly,it doesn't provide any coverage whatsoever other than hitting Rock types (lol).

Rhys29

Encore
Iron Tail is a terrible move and has only made it onto sets because the said pokes movepools are slightly more terrible. Never suggest that move. And if you just asked him to remove his only Sp.A attack from a mix set, you are a fool. A simple Nature change solves all the problems of a set that won't work in OU anyways >.>

Also you might want to consider investing in a Sp.D wall and you have no Status Absorber. A RstTlk Cresselia over Empoleon could help you, since with Blue Ace's changes you will have massive trouble with MixApe (remember your revenge killer doesn't count as a counter and HP-Ice makes it unsafe for him to come in). It would also help you with a bit of Mamoswine trouble.

EDIT: Ashwin, no. No giving advice. The Jolteon is under consideration as the best Baton Passer in the game. However, a set without Focus Sash doesn't really make Jolteon usable as a lead. I suggest Focus Sash as well and you can even go Quick Attack > Substitute for the fastest priority attack in OU (Electrode has Sucker Punch). And Roost and SD on Scizor is pretty old fashioned and won't help with the Blue Ace changes since it wouldn't help him sweep and he doesn't have enough Hp to make it viable.

Last edited:

ashwin82

Iron Tail is a terrible move and has only made it onto sets because the said pokes movepools are slightly more terrible. Never suggest that move. And if you just asked him to remove his only Sp.A attack from a mix set, you are a fool. A simple Nature change solves all the problems of a set that won't work in OU anyways >.>

Also you might want to consider investing in a Sp.D wall and you have no Status Absorber. A RstTlk Cresselia over Empoleon could help you, since with Blue Ace's changes you will have massive trouble with MixApe (remember your revenge killer doesn't count as a counter and HP-Ice makes it unsafe for him to come in). It would also help you with a bit of Mamoswine trouble.

EDIT: Ashwin, no. No giving advice. The Jolteon is under consideration as the best Baton Passer in the game. However, a set without Focus Sash doesn't really make Jolteon usable as a lead. I suggest Focus Sash as well and you can even go Quick Attack > Substitute for the fastest priority attack in OU (Electrode has Sucker Punch). And Roost and SD on Scizor is pretty old fashioned and won't help with the Blue Ace changes since it wouldn't help him sweep and he doesn't have enough Hp to make it viable.
but he isn't running subtitute, I personally don't think its worth it

wouldn't blissey with aromatherapy make a good status absorber/sp def wall?

Last edited:

Rhys29

Encore
yes but that doesn't work well with his team: if he doesn't want Gliscor he wouldn't have a way to cover Blissey's Fighting weakness, but if he did that would be fine too.

GerbilGuy

Goodbye, Serebii
Thank you guys.
Blue Ace~
;330; Fire Blast is good with me.
;395; Sure I'll get this piplup first and than I'll rebreed.
;212; EVs- Taken.
;059; I'll switch it, sure thing. All i need to do is to get this Gliscor
;134; Sure I'll try to change, but how. It can't have any EV trainings only by Vitamins and Berries which not helps here. If you/other people can help me with changing it, that would be wonderful.
randomspot555~
;135; I can switch it. Can you post a good lead, better than this little guy?
;330; Didn't really undestood what you said about Draco Meteor, XP
Rhys29~
;135; Quick Attack sounds well. So that means I'm going with Shadow Ball and Sash.
;395; Empo in Cress. I have a big problem with Cressy. It's tough to get one with good IVs and nature, if there's another Pokemon that can solve the problems of my team, that would be wonderful.

I'll go to edit first post now.
More raters posts please!

EDIT:
My Scizor has 18 IVs HP.
with 40 EVs HP, he reaches 278 HP-
Which makes him to attack 9 times (?- not sure. 10% of 278= 27.8)
I need other EVs~

Last edited:

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
- Then Scizor wants: 12 HP/ 252 Atk/ 244 Spe

Still gets minimal Life Orb recoil, you can't invest in defenses when the HP is so low, so they were put into Speed instead.

- Also for I made a typo on Gliscor's EVs, it should be 244 HP/ 184 Def/ 80 Spe, this outspeeds standard 36 Speed Celebi.

Also that Jolteon works ok as a lead from what I've heard.

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
I think vaporeon could be replaced by dewgong, because of hydration, as well as using rain-rest, a useful surf will get powered up as well as well as a great no concequence rest, holding a damp rock will prove for more healing time, and more powered surf attacks, and then you can teach that hidden power electric like you did with vaporeon, so that you still have a gyara counter, (and trust me, I should know, I've had many trouble against dewgong when I used gyarados, once upon a time), as for EV's, I dont know as I dont really care much about Ev's, personally I think that part gets a little complicated.

GerbilGuy

Goodbye, Serebii
Blue Ace~
;212; cool.
;472; fine.
;135; i know. but there are better leads.
gyarados151~
;134; Vapo can counter Gyara better than Dewgong.

also about Vapo's EVs:
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA:Gyarados have 64.76% to 2HKO it with EQ*Stone Edge+DD+LO.
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed: Gyarados have only 25.44% to 2HKO it with EQ*Stone Edge+DD+LO.
The both spreads counters gyara as well.

Rhys29

Encore
I think vaporeon could be replaced by dewgong, because of hydration, as well as using rain-rest, a useful surf will get powered up as well as well as a great no concequence rest, holding a damp rock will prove for more healing time, and more powered surf attacks, and then you can teach that hidden power electric like you did with vaporeon, so that you still have a gyara counter, (and trust me, I should know, I've had many trouble against dewgong when I used gyarados, once upon a time), as for EV's, I dont know as I dont really care much about Ev's, personally I think that part gets a little complicated.
Stone Edge is a OHKO and Dewgong is not a viable replacement.
Blue Ace~
;212; cool.
;472; fine.
;135; i know. but there are better leads.
gyarados151~
;134; Vapo can counter Gyara better than Dewgong.

also about Vapo's EVs:
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA:Gyarados have 64.76% to 2HKO it with EQ*Stone Edge+DD+LO.
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed: Gyarados have only 25.44% to 2HKO it with EQ*Stone Edge+DD+LO.
The both spreads counters gyara as well.
Those sets are not as good as you thing they are. Why do you need so much Hp? You're far better off boosting defenses. You're only thinking on terms of Gyarados, and would you look at that, it seems Vaporeon and Gyarados aren't the only OU pokes! Vaporeon can do so very much more than counter Gyarados, and if he wanted to counter Gyara I would have just suggested Pory2.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
The spread is fine Rhys, the 124 HP/ 252 Def/ 132 SpD is just a paranoid spread for people who want/ think they need special defense, not knowing it isn't all that useful outside of softening up blows from Heatran and Infernape which still doesn't do much to Vappy anyway, and the Max HP helps it in that aspect as well, in addition it also gets maximum Leftovers recovery.

His team is majorly Gyarados weak so a hefty investment is needed to handle it to the best of his ability.

GerbilGuy

Goodbye, Serebii
blue ace said what i wanted to say XD
now i need help with status absorber.
i don't want Cressy, which poke is a good ResTalker/Status Absorber?

Rhys29

Encore
Heracross is pretty beast with status absorbing and RstTlk Hera counters Breloom redicilously well. Anything with Natural Cure works. Obviously Blissey is the best since it has NC and Aromatherapy with tons of bulk. Anything that's bulky with Hp/defenses is usually a good RstTlker (Machamp counts too lol).

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
The problem is you need something to be able to take Dragons since you don't have that. Registeel could work I suppose....

Registeel @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
252 HP/ 56 Def/ 200 SpD
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic
- Ice Punch

Though to be honest, Cresselia really is the best poke for the job.

Last edited: