• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You can’t see the inside of shops/buildings? Seriously GameFreak?

Red

Not the color
I’m shocked. You go to enter the clothing shop for example, a menu pops up and you can’t even explore or see your character interact with the shopkeeper.

How incredibly lazy this was and the excuse of it being open world isn’t cutting it for me. If open world means cutting back from exploring the inside of buildings, then doesn’t it defeat the whole purpose?

Am I overreacting? What are your thoughts? I’m pissed

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
You say lazy, I say streamlined and easily accessible.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I don't think it is a big deal, but definitely something to frown upon.

I am not tech savvy, but I wonder if having the interiors being a different map that would load separately could help with the performance problems or would make it even worse (we would have a loading upon entering and leaving, sure, but maybe it could help "soft resetting" the memory problems?).

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I’m shocked. You go to enter the clothing shop for example, a menu pops up and you can’t even explore or see your character interact with the shopkeeper.

How incredibly lazy this was and the excuse of it being open world isn’t cutting it for me. If open world means cutting back from exploring the inside of buildings, then doesn’t it defeat the whole purpose?

Am I overreacting? What are your thoughts? I’m pissed

Seems like Slateport Market and Hulbury City markets style.

Gargoss

Hotshot
While I do miss the casual browsing of other people's houses, it was a moral issue in RPGs of its time that was only allowed because of the need for in-game content. Some important buildings still have their own internal areas, but the majority of interaction has been brought outside of buildings to help populate the Towns and Cities in the Overworld. Why the Hairdresser got to keep their internal room is beyond me, though...

Still, I think Game Freak will still be working on indoors areas for later titles, but wanted to ease into it for the introduction of their new Open-World mechanics.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Its not just houses.
Where are museums like a Kalos had? Interesting places? This region is lacking on lore big time
Really? I think it has plenty. The Area Zero mystery is basically the big theme of the region. Take some History classes and you'll learn so much more of it.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Really? I think it has plenty. The Area Zero mystery is basically the big theme of the region. Take some History classes and you'll learn so much more of it.
I half-agree with Jane here.
The region does have lots of lore, but that's the thing, it's all stuck on Area Zero and Raifort classes. It's very concentrated there, and big part of it is just text, text and more text.
But there's pretty much no other scenic places or vistas. I'd even say Area Zero is the only place I could call eye candy. That has a nice and unique atmosphere.
Laverre alone is more aesthetic than 3/4 of Paldea.

Pokefan_1987

Those look like a next step in the Legends Arceus timeline.

Pokefan_1987

The no coming inside of most stores aspect is clearly very weird. But while very weird that the Pokecenters Along with a TM Machine and Item Store are in multiple locations in outside are for functioning as travel locations makes sense otherwise traveling the massive maps would be really tough.

I think most of the school locations and big map take up a LOT of priority resources required to create any store assets to be inside.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
And I remember Kalos having museums, castles, lots or buildings and lore
The interior of buildings for Kalos and the other regions were largely just random NPCs that told us how much they loved Pokémon or how cool it was that the Pokémon went to the PC box automatically after you had a full party of 6. Occasionally we’d find someone that would offer a (semi) useful item or a trade (looking at you Mindy). Otherwise the only other useful building were Marts and Centers which were turned into a roadside service. At this point in the franchise and in my current game I don’t mind being relegated to the open world in an open world game.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't mind not being able to enter random people's houses but it's weird it's not possible to enter on some building that clearly look like stores.

Not a dealbreaker but still a weird choice regardless