• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You cry when you watch a sad scene in pokémon anime/movie?

You cry when you watch sad moments in pokémon?

• Total voters

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
You cry when you watch a sad scene in pokémon anime/movie?

Yeah I was kind of curious if you guys cry when you watchsad scenes in pokémon. I certainly do xD

Anime
I don't remember in which season anymore I think it was season one. I cried when Ash wanted to leave pikachu behind.

Or that moment when he released butterfree.

And that moment where he said bye to his charizard. Oh my god, I tear up so easily.

I also cried when pikachu lost his memory and couldn't remember Ash.

I also cries in diamond/Pearl in the end. When piplup was really upset and was crying. I have watched that episode already five times and I always cry at that moment, but why does Meowth always ruin the sad moment?

I was also touched with the moment with Riolu. I didn't really cry, but I loved that Riolu! It was so soo cute xD

This might be mean... But I also cried out of laughter when I saw Axew battling Cynthia's Garchomp. Really no offense, but Garchomp is a fully evolved strong pokémon while Axew isn't. I just laughed when Axew started to use scratch and Garchomp didn't feel anything, the tears was forming in the corners of my eyes. Ugh... I'm such a sardonic person <.<

Movie

I almost cried for every movie.

I cried with the movie where Celebi appeared in. Oh my god... It was creepy looking at celebi, but also so sad >.< ~

In the 5th movie I also cried... That one with Latios and Latias. That one is my favorite movie all time. Latios died... That was so soo sad T-T. It was just so touching xD

In the 6th movie I actually didn't wanted to cry. I was almost there! Untill... They sang the song then my tears started to spill out xD

Mhm... The next movie I cried with was Where Mew almost die.. The one with Mew and Lucario. Lucario misunderstood his master for so long :c... It was just so sad...

Mhm... Oh! Last movie where I cried for was with the one with Shaymin. The pokémon with a big ego xD. It was sad how he was depressed... I saw the movie in Japenese which seemed just more touching for some reason xD. I definitly cried.... I just can't bear the teary eyes of pokémon .^.

DjangoCribbs

I never have because there aren't any truly moving or sad moments in the anime or the movies.

SimH8

I found the bits where Ash was about to leave Pikachu, and when he did leave Butterfree to be very touching moments. I wish there were more moments like that.

DjangoCribbs

I found the bits where Ash was about to leave Pikachu, and when he did leave Butterfree to be very touching moments. I wish there were more moments like that.

If there were more would that not make each such occasion lose considerable gravitas?

The Master Chief

No. The only scene i thought was saddening was in The Rise Of Darkrai when Darkrai sacrificed himself and even then i was just like "gee that sucks" In order for anybody to cry from pokemon it must be due to that person being emotional or they really really really care for pokemon

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
No. The only scene i thought was saddening was in The Rise Of Darkrai when Darkrai sacrificed himself and even then i was just like "gee that sucks" In order for anybody to cry from pokemon it must be due to that person being emotional or they really really really care for pokemon

Yeah, I'm quite emotional xD.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I am very emotional and grow very attached to everyone so I cry at the end of every season.

Rakurai

The PMD series as a whole is far more emotionally charged then the anime, and is the only thing that ever gets any tears out of me that's Pokemon related these days.

⊙ᴗ⊙
When I just a wee child, I would always start bawling when the song "The Time Has Come" would come on in the episode Pikachu's Goodbye.

Doesn't really affect me anymore, but as a little kid who was deeply invested in the series back in the day, it was pretty saddening then.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
When I just a wee child, I would always start bawling when the song "The Time Has Come" would come on in the episode Pikachu's Goodbye.

Doesn't really affect me anymore, but as a little kid who was deeply invested in the series back in the day, it was pretty saddening then.

I just saw that a few minutes ago... I didn't cry ;-; (Lies) But it surely is cute how chubby Pikachu was in the beginning xD

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
I don't really cry because of events that transpire in the anime, or in most media in general. I guess I'm just strong willed.

Having said this, there are moments that are very sad in the anime to me or to anyone for that matter. Some obvious moments come to mind, such as Ash turning to stone in The Original Movie, or seeing pikachu getting hurt by all the Spearow in the very first episode. These are moments I actually cried over when I was younger, I still think they're sad though.

There is also other sad moments like when Jessie released Dustox in The Sinnoh series, or Latios dying in pokemon Heroes.

I should also point out that this really should be in the Anime discussion, probably the Spoiler section. Speaking of which, you also should have been careful with spoilers here, although most of the things mentioned has been seen by members, I know a handful of people who haven't seen some scenes, a warning would have been good just to be sure :D

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't really remember crying during any of the movies or anime episodes, but I think the last thing I remember getting really emotional with (besides the first movie) is either Pokémon Heroes or Jirachi: Wish Maker when they sing Jirachi to sleep.

Now the music is a different story. While I haven't really shed any tears over the music, most of the soundtracks for either the anime or movies brings out that melancholic emotion. "Tears of Life" (combined with the beginning of "3 on 3") is probably the one that makes me emotional the most, and it may or may not be for the obvious reason.

*~Silver*~

Nope. I can sense when there are the sad moments, and I am sad when they come around, but I've never actually cried. I guess I only really cry when there's something actually happening to me that induces it rather than something I'm watching in some bit of media.

telivisionhead

I teared up when he was saying bye to charizard! WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING!
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Anim%E9-Polls

And no I never cried in any scene, only time I felt a little emotional was Ash turning into stone in M1.

yeah. With all the pokemon crying to make him get back to normal.
I nearly cried in Victini and Zekrom close to the end when Victini was going to leave and Ash was stuck somewhere. Otherwise I don't think I got that emotional watching pokemon. Some of the movies I did but otherwise I'm pretty fine.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I don't want to act like a "tough guy", really, but no, I don't think I "cried" during one of those sad moment. Of course I can be full of sadness, especially in Pikachu's episode and the Latias and Latios movie, and get my eyes wet, but otherwise no, I don't cry too often on Pokémon episodes...

I will honestly admit I never cried when I watched the first movie, but I did cry in Pokemon Heroes when Latios died, and in the Rise of Darkrai when Darkrai died. Though I admit Pokemon Heroes was worse for obvious reasons. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew made me tear up a bit, but I didn't truly cry. I haven't cried for the anime or games either, not even PMD games.

DjangoCribbs

In order for anybody to cry from pokemon it must be due to that person being emotional or they really really really care for pokemon

Not just emotional, we're talking "cries when a leaf falls" level emotional. As such the list of films those people will never be able to sit through is absolutely huuuge...

Papousse said:
I don't want to act like a "tough guy", really, but no, I don't think I "cried" during one of those sad moment.

Don't worry, by saying you aren't moved by "sad" moments in Pokemon you aren't putting on a tough guy act. Xp It's just the standard response.