• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You don't hate Gen IV do you?

lansbury9

Generation 1 pros: Great prequel to Pokémon G/S/C, with the most Pokémon introduced in a generation as of yet. Cons: Hobbled by the Game Boy's memory, meaning the land is quite small. Later medded up with Fire Red, Leaf Green, and better still, the GS remakes.
Generation 2 pros: Extension of the Team Rocket plot, new area called Johto, great sequel to R/B/Y, and an awesome arrangement of League themes for the champion and Red. Cons: Again, Game Boy memory issues mean that either region isn't the size of one. Later fixed in HG/SS, even brought up to speed to DPt's track count, with the GB Sounds item, a key item that allows you to listen to 8-bit music.
3rd generation pros: A tropical new region with some new styles of music. The new teams suit this region well. Brendan is actually cool with his bag-hat and dark hair. Record mixing is what made the replay value. Very innovative, that was. Rustboro/Mauville/Mossdeep City's music gives Kanto's Viridian/other City's music a more tropical feel, I reckon. Cons: The Pokémon look different. Junichi said he has only few favourites. The graphics looked unpolished due to the 2D overworld sprites, which were purposely different to FR/LG's overworld design. The battle graphics were less in R/S/E as well. Just look at Charizard and Venusaur. They look better in FR/LG. Let's have an improved version, thanks.
4th generation pros: A huge, detailed adventure. Puts in everything that was missing or beta in R/B/Y, including day/night, 3D graphics, emphasis on Pokélegends, an actual plot, Pokétch application device, organized bag, defined Pokémon design and sometimes humorous dialogue. It is the vast features that make this generation. The story is rounded out as well. Most of the characters nod back to the 1st generation. Cons: Sequel isn't out yet.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I guess I can't say that I hate it as I LIKED HG/SS... So, I disliked D/P/Pt, but HG/SS was enough to make see Gen IV as 'good'. Not great, but just good.

Pintig

*Yawn*
I dont hate the 4th gen but i also dont like it. Probably somewhere in the middle. It has lots of pros and cons (which im too lazy to list down) that balance it.

Exploits

Gen 4 has some cool pokemons. However, there are some that also look completely awful. Also, it only has two fire-types the whole game.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
Also the fact that there wasn't any worthwhile Fire pokemon in 4th gen. The only cool one was Heatran but because its slow everyone hates it. Just give it a Quick Claw or something and get over it. The only worthwhile things were better graphics and well, being a new game.

Yup, everyone hates him. That's why he's OU, right? Also Infernape says hi.

I'd say the reason some hate gen IV is because the high amount of legendaries put in. But just ignore it. There will always be some who can't be satisfied.

Generation IV is pretty cool in my opinion. With the bonus of Wi-fi trading/battling it has been a fun experience, but some of the pokemon are odd. The new Battle Frontier is fun too but hoenn's was better. Overall I'd give Generation IV a thumbs up.

lansbury9

Try comparing gen 4's Pokémon count with gen 3's. gen 3 introduced way more there was no room for much of the rest. Stop complaining about the many legendaries. You were complaining in gen 1 about the lack of them and starting (good) rumours about them. So appreciate it. You never know, gen 5 might also share gen 4's Pokémon the way gen 2 did with gen 1. Try comparing DP's regional Pokédex with gen 1's.

randomspot555

Stop complaining about the many legendaries.

x2. Especially because, out of all the 14 legendary Pokemon in Gen 4, you are only ever forced to battle one (the mascot of the game). The other 13 are completely optional. Two of them don't even have an in-game location.

SmartD

I like the 4th generation because they introduced a lot a new stuff, like the Poketch and new evolution methods.

I don't hate the 4th gen, but I don't love it ether, it never really got my interest like the previous gens (until HG & SS appeared). I did still played Diamond and Pearl but never finished them thanks to my lack of interest towards them. Of course they did have many things I liked about them, such the improved graphics, physical, special move spilt , new area leaders, elite four, evil team, some new pokemon. But one of the things I didn't like was some of the evos of old pokemon (Lickilicky, Togekiss, Yanmega), I mean its not like I hated that they did but they could've gave them a better design... at least! just saying. Some of the new pokemon too didn't have a 'wow' look ether. Overall it was an aright gen for me, (but got better with HG & SS) it did bring back some of the things that were missing in the 3rd gen, such as day & night.

Midnightkitsune

neighborhood trOll
i like gen 4 but i hate the lack of fire .
and so much damn bidoof i hope they go extinct

MegaLeafeon

Gen IV brought a lot of new things to the table, all of which are good. Personally, Gen IV is my second favorite (the first being Gen II). When I get HG, Gen IV may be my favorite then. One more thing...honestly, I really don't have a problem with the design of the Pokemon, but Probopass...kinda reminds me of Mario...for some odd reason. XD

Nebbio

NINJA!
4 gen was one of the best by far.