• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You ever do anything really stupid?

gardevoir11

The First Princess
Have you ever done something really idiotic in either PMD game?

I once did something pretty stupid. I was in Marine Resort hunting for gummies like I always do when I'm bored. I had to quicksave to go out shopping with my parents. When I started playing again, I make it up to like floor 16, saw a Kecleon shop, swapped an item in the shop for something in my bag, and left ('cause Kecleon normally teleports to you and asks for payment if you leave without paying). But of course, since I swapped items instead of just picking something up, he called me a thief rather than asking for payment first. I had no warp items, no pure seeds, the escape orb wouldn't work, and the stairs were on the other side of the floor. So I did the only thing I could think of: turn off the game. Of course it was after I restarted that I realized I had quicksaved, therefore losing all my items (which included 2 3-star species items).

Luckily, due to the Wondermail Generator, I ended up really only losing about a half-star of IQ per team member. Though now I won't go into a dungeon w/o a pure seed, just to make sure I won't be so stupid again...

Anyone else ever done something stupid in the game?

Jirachi_Star

Fiddlesticks!
I died and I lost my mystery part...I was so angry!!!

Draknir

Fear the Deer
RED: Going with Charmander
Blue: Turning off in Fiery Field(R.I.P Friend bow, other items, and money;_; ), and then again in the Buried Relic:)@)
Time: Forgot to put on my Golden mask before fighting Rayquaza.
Darkness: Nothing yet.

Last edited:

goldgolem

tell me when to go
not really stupid but in Red i went into Buried Relics without an escape orb just in case i would have died or anything and i ended up with not enough food at the near-end of the dungeon

Riolu97

Hi there.
not really stupid but in Red i went into Buried Relics without an escape orb just in case i would have died or anything and i ended up with not enough food at the near-end of the dungeon
That happent to me too. I used it in Registeels room, then I have too go 70 floors... =/

I did a stupid an other stupid thing in Red. I turned off the game then it quicksaved, becuase I dont want to go into Fiery Field x3 Then I lost all my istems in the Toolbox... o_o

Kacho

You are next.
Since I ONLY have PMD red...

- a few times in pre-saved dungeon: So I either forget to bring Escape Orb or forget to bring food... either way, it sucks like this.... but sometimes I find escape orbs in the dungeon and sometimes some seeds and oran berry that last me a while

- also a few times in some dungeons: I actually was not paying attention to my path and trigger some traps, again... /sigh

wolf fox

OMG What is THAT ??
There were a few times that I did stupid things. But my most 2 stupid things were:
-I was pressing the Y button to face an enemy & I couldn't see clearly where I was facing because there was either Hail/Cloudy weather and I ended up killing my friend with Razor Leaf (I was Lv100.) [I off the game.]
-I was in Mystery Jungle & I saw a Kecleon Shop. Then I used a Trawl Orb I found so the army of Kecleon started chasing me & I wasn't at Lv100 + I wasn't near the stairs and I think I got killed. [Also off the game.]

bookist

in blue i would use escape orbs on floor 35 sometimes.

Pikachu41

The PokeMaster!
I was in Buried Relic Floor 69 and I was attacked by a Monster House and I didn't even think to use my Escape Orb...

Also, this one is very painful: I once lost to a Golem on Floor 99 of BR, and it was the highest floor I'd ever gotten up to.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
In Darkness:I was sending a Reviver Seed in Friend Rescue and I didn't bother to write the password for the 1st time,I thought I could just go back to the password anytime I wanted like in Blue Rescue but it only shows up once...sigh,I just wasted a Reviver Seed.

golduck#1

lol i forgot i quicked saved it and i vsed a kecleon and died so i turned off the game and realised i quicksaved it and also i got my iq up to 3 stars from half a star and i forgot to save it so i had to do it again . then i couldn't be bothered so i just restarted lol

Saberu

In Darkness:I was sending a Reviver Seed in Friend Rescue and I didn't bother to write the password for the 1st time,I thought I could just go back to the password anytime I wanted like in Blue Rescue but it only shows up once...sigh,I just wasted a Reviver Seed.

Was that my seed? If so, I lost your shiny box by leaving out one character. x_x

I will never again type passwords when exhausted. NEVER AGAIN!!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Blue: Thinking that Bullet Seed was a useless move on Bulbasaur... :D
Darkness: I haven't really done anything that stupid... Well, maybe one time when I thought I could survive Zero Isle North without any reviver seeds... :O

Saberu

sweet_piplup123 saved me in Dark Hill, but my partner fainted 3 floors later to a gengar in the wall. x_X I was two floors away from victory... why can't I make it through this? Now I need rescuing again... within a few minutes of reviving! Aargh...

Thank you anyway, sweet_piplup123. I'll get the new thank-you password soon.

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

I had a horrible run in Blue last night. The stupid thing I did was go to Fiery Field with Venusaur & Blaziken. I know, it's a fire dungeon but I figured Venusaur could handle it since he's done alright previously with fire types. Well, the first pokemon I ran into killed him in like 2 seconds. I turned the game off, not knowing that I'd lose my items. I did, of course. Most valuably, my Surf HM & X-Ray Glasses. I've managed to recover the Surf but not the glasses.

The other stuff that happened, not necessarily stupid but that sucked, was that I took an excort mission, then got to the last level, and near the target, and excortee wondered off and got killed. Stupid wonderers. Another time I was near the end of Solar Cave and the DS flashed and said 'Someone removed your game, put it back and reset'. I couldn't get the game to came back on, so I just turned I off and started over (the dungeon, not the game).

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
The stupidest thing I've ever done was to dare myself to fight those Kecleon...but at the time I had no Pokemon at level 100 and my main leaders were at level 90 sumthin. I thought that even at level 90 sumthin they can defeat the Kecleons like how it's done in Myster Dungeon Red/Blue...but I guess it was different in this game. I fainted in like three turns...but although I had useless items in my tresure bag I turned off my game anyway XD It didn't get recorded on my exploration record though :/ I may want to try that again now that I have my main leaders at level 100 ;]

Last edited:
In PMD Blue, I assumed that the move Bonemerang passes over the ally and hits the enemy. WRONG! I (as a Cubone) used Bonemerang when my partner Kane (Charmander) was in front of me! The First bone whacked Kane and OHKO'ed him!! I was cursing when that happened.

Another time, in the same game, I changed leaders from Ruby (Marowak [me]) to Kane (Charizard). Ruby and Kane got separated. And I think it was in either Western Cave or Buried Relic. So, Kane walked up to Ruby (I thought it's an enemy Marowak), and used Flamethrower on her. Oops. Kane KO'ed Ruby by accident.

This one is a bad one. Because the Marowak is controlled by CPU. When Mewtwo's Captain and did not KO an enemy in one shot, Ruby uses her Bonemerang... and KO'ed Mewtwo in one shot. OUCH!

I think those are my PMD mess-ups. I'll think more later.

~MGD. ;150;

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Was that my seed? If so, I lost your shiny box by leaving out one character. x_x

I will never again type passwords when exhausted. NEVER AGAIN!!

Yep,unfortunately it was.(Make a mental note to myself to write down the password next time)

Using an escape orb in Buried Relic IN Regice's room. And getting ticked of in floor 75 of silver trench due to a one room monster house. Then I threw my SP at the wall.