• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You got a shiny in how many eggs ? (Masuda Method)

You got a shiny in how many eggs ? (Masuda Method)

• 1-50

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • 50-150

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 150-300

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 300-500

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • 500-750

• 750-1000

• 1000-1200

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 1200+

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Never got it

Votes: 72 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MewQueen

I FINNNALY got my shiny zorua at 261 eggs! SOOO Happy! Now breeding for shiny Roggenrola... im at 301 eggs right now! GOOD LUCK PEOPLES.

Last edited:

CarneysRage

Wasn't really trying, just breeding for more breeding, so I used my korean(I think) ditto to make it go faster. First egg, shiny barboach. Made me quite happy.

rayquaza9999

my lowest is about 100 for a squirtle, my highest im still currently working on deino at... 20000 and no thats not a typo ive never had great luck.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Is this the only thread about Masuda Method here?

I am going to start breeding for some shinies, principally Cofagrigus, Golurk, Bisharp and Cacturne (gosh, I hate the English names xD)

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Only bothered to do that once. Never doing it again. I think it took me around 10-20 eggs, but it wasn't worth it.

My first Masuda shiny: chamander in my japanese diamond version around 200-300 eggs I was just trying to hatch a female lonely natured one.
My shortest masuda shiny: shiny storm drain lileep in my black version at 18 eggs, I was trolled by this guy trying to hatch a DWF one to fill out an order (which came at the 23rd egg).
My longest masuda shiny: shiny deino in my black version at 1,282 eggs - it was painfull.

Rebel562

Odd Teambuilder
Started my first Masuda Method a couple days ago and have been trying on and off for a shiny Marowak. I'm at 52 eggs as of typing this.

Trainer10913

The Ninja
Never tried it till now with Shiny Magikarp (only because it's the easiest Pokemon to hatch and gold is cool anyway).

One of the parents is the Red Gyarados from Lake of Rage.

Mienfoo

Martial Arts Pokémon
I managed to hatch 2 Shiny Pokemon via Masuda Method.

The first one is a Mienfoo. I got my Shiny one after 106 eggs.

The next one is Zorua, and I got it after 340 eggs.

I am now aiming for Shiny Cottonee, but I am up to 468 eggs.

dsitt7

Wel,, so far I'm sitting at 582 eggs. I'm going to be getting the Shiny Charm in just a few minutes so hopefully that'll help.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Well thats a bit subjective for ppl that have gotten more than 1 shiny through MM, like me.

My shortest MM hunt took 9 eggs and others around 200 eggs. My longest one took 1700 eggs

RJMorrison92

True, I'm really hoping it doesn't take more than 500 eggs. I wanted to go for a shiny Larvitar too but I don't have a foreign Ditto

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I don't know how many eggs, I find it easier to count by days. It took me six weeks to hatch my shiny wingull. And trust me, that was a LOT of eggs.

Jonny2013

Bug Catcher
Ironically when I was breeding my Pikachu's I hatched a shiny Pichu on the third try without using the masuda method, why with the method It took me over 100 tries and I just gave up. My shiny Pikachu is my prized Pokemon. :p

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I have done masuda method for at least 100 eggs, and I never got a single shiny. Ever..

Status
Not open for further replies.