• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You got a shiny in how many eggs ? (Masuda Method)

You got a shiny in how many eggs ? (Masuda Method)

• 1-50

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • 50-150

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 150-300

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 300-500

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • 500-750

• 750-1000

• 1000-1200

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 1200+

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Never got it

Votes: 72 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarSurgeX

☆ I'm The Captain
I actually try using this method plus the shiny charm to get a shiny riolu and it took me 64 eggs (yes I acount them) and I got a shiny abra from an egg on emerald XD just look I guess

Kesaru

I have done masuda method for at least 100 eggs, and I never got a single shiny. Ever..

You would be extremely lucky to get one within your first 100 eggs. On Black 2, using the Masuda Method w/Shiny Charm (1/1024 chance of hatching a shiny), it took me 498 eggs to hatch a shiny Mudkip.

remybutton

None, Lady Luck's mouth is stuck in a perpetual frown while facing me. Even with the Masuda Method I haven't been able to get any shinies.

Kattling

Pokemon Artist
I got a shiny Vulpix at around 60-70 eggs. C: I'm currently at 110 Growlithes, and no shiny. I think that, because my shiny Vulpix didn't take very long, I'm getting impatient with the Growlithes, especially as I don't even think the shiny Growlithes look too nice. >w< I'm only doing it because I like Growlithes, really.
My boyfriend is too impatient to hatch that many eggs, but he's really lucky at just finding shinies. ;o; He got two within a month of each-other, legitimately. I can't complain though, because he gave the Staravia he caught to me. ^^;

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
My quickest was Charmander in 73 eggs and my longest was Croagunk in 3281 eggs. I've had one other hunt that wasn't much longer than Charmander took and I so far haven't had any hunts that have taken anywhere near as long as Croagunk.

Ninfia-Fan

I've hatched about 20 eggs and already I'm getting impatient. I heard someone once got shiny snivy in 9 eggs.... I always thought the Masuda method was the easiest wayto get shinies.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Well I tried with a pony ta and can say it went way over 1000 and I gave up....

I then found a shiny weepingbell that same day at complete random...
I also found a shiny wooper around 2 months before hand

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
I hatched my shuckle at 952 eggs :)

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
I got my shiny Charmander in about 400 eggs.

PolygonalPorygon

<- Current MM Target
Haven't gotten one yet. I have a Japanese Ditto and Sneasel but I'm trying to get a Shiny Cranidos. Does using more than one Foreign Pokemon increase your chances like me using Ditto and Sneasel together?

Zachmac

Haven't gotten one yet. I have a Japanese Ditto and Sneasel but I'm trying to get a Shiny Cranidos. Does using more than one Foreign Pokemon increase your chances like me using Ditto and Sneasel together?
I don't believe so.

And actually, I think using two pokemon of the same nationality as eachother doesn't activate the Masuda Method at all, but I may be wrong.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
The first (and only) Shiny I hatched with the Masuda Method was a Shiny Blitzle which I did in just 13 eggs.
I've been doing others like Riolu and Vulpix but haven't gotten them yet. I gotta go back to doing my Eevee Hunt. I've lost count on how many I hatched so far. Hopefully I can get it before X and Y comes out so I can get a Shiny Sylveon. I hope the Shiny Eevee has Anticipation...

PolygonalPorygon

<- Current MM Target
Just got a Japanese male Shuckle on the GTS, after Cranidos I'm going to work on getting Shiny Bold Shuckle with Contrary as my defense pokemon

Mono98

Shiny Lover
I am currently hunting a shiny Ponyta. I've hatched 200 eggs so far, still no shiny though. Hopefully I'll get one soon! :(

;077;

Sealor14

I just hatched my first shiny using the mm. It took me 894 eggs to get my shiny charmander! I was so happy when it hatched because it was my shiny not programmed into a game. I've been playing sense silver came out and I'm so glad the mm was put into the game. It makes it a lot more fun to hunt shineys!

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
I really need to get myself a shiny charm, because for some reason I have seriously bad luck when it comes to MM lately.
The first time I used MM, I got a shiny Eevee in like 100 eggs. I thought wow, that was easy!

My shiny cottonee didn't show up until about somewhere in the 3000 range. I actually went on a 4 month hiatus with this hunt, because damn, I almost gave up. haha.
My shiny piplup hunt is current sitting somewhere around the 1200 range. Still dont have it. On another hiatus with this one. orz

DarkAssasen

Dragon Tamer
So far I've hatched all the following shiny Pokemon in this many eggs:

Axew: 7th
Snivy: 120th-125th
Bulbasaur: 1st
Vulpix:45th-50th
Torchic: 21st

I guess I got lucky on all of those

Last edited:

ebevan91

I got bored after 1 box of Treeckos lol. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Status
Not open for further replies.