• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You got a shiny in how many eggs ? (Masuda Method)

You got a shiny in how many eggs ? (Masuda Method)

• 1-50

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • 50-150

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 150-300

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 300-500

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • 500-750

• 750-1000

• 1000-1200

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 1200+

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Never got it

Votes: 72 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Mania1321

Stick em' up
5 eggs for a shiny Oshawott. My first and only MM hunt. I'm lucky...

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
Check my sig... I've never been terribly lucky when it comes to MM'ing, but at least I haven't had to do much more than 1000 so far. I just Elgyem doesn't take too much longer.

paa34

The Mathematician
I just hatched my shiny beldum that I've been looking for a while : it took me 1313 eggs...

Entreri10

None yet, at about 750 trying to get a Shiny Charmander.

Despite having caught over 10 RE shinies I really don't care for shinies. I have successfully completed one MM attempt.

It was a snivy. This snivy hatched in the 228-232 range bracket. I did not have a precise count on the number of eggs I hatched, but I counted the number of clutches. Clutch sizes were usually four eggs, but I had a few fives, thus why I have some uncertainty in my measurement.

I probably won't attempt another MM in the conceivable future...

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I just got a bagon from a shiny hunt. I think it was between 300-500 eggs (didnt keep track, did it all last night though and some of this morning), not sure what i want to do next though...

Drummerdude

I've only hatched 2 Shiny Pokemon using the Masuda Method.

Tepig - 1016 eggs
Woobat - 51 eggs

I don't understand how people have the patience to hatch 2000+ eggs. I was on the verge of giving up on Tepig.

shiny1551

dragon trainer
i tried for a charmander and gave up on 100 becuase im not patient but im gonna start again
fc;0304-4788-8607

Master Leo

The Dark Side
My shortest mm hunt was yamask which took only 24 eggs and my longest hunt was axew which took 2455 eggs to get.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
My very first Shiny was a random Miltank with Jolly Nature. It was on wild, tough. My first shiny via-masuda method was a Brave Gyarados, it tooked 327 Eggs. My second Shiny was a Modest Starmie, it tooked 358 eggs. Im know breeding a Nidoking, Charizard and Altaria. They are on 756 eggs and keep going :p

Status
Not open for further replies.