• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You guys rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBossPokemon

Probably will get closed or locked but here goes :p

just wanted to say you guys have always been true pokemon fanatics and treat your members with respec. Sites like Smogon treat their people like trash and their moderation team is full of racist middle schoolers with no respec for their fanbase at all.

Just keep up the great work guys! Serebii is still the best, always will be!

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I guess so.

I've been to a few with mods who hold no respect for the beliefs for their members, as well as pokemon itself. I'd say that SPPf, Smogon and CoD are the best ones out there.

viperGTS

<---Chaining For!
Thanks! even though i didnt help AT ALL making the site. And smogon is really that mean?

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Smogon's not mean in general, they're just serious about their competitive battling. There are a few flamers in general, but overall, the people there are quite nice.

viperGTS

<---Chaining For!
Smogon's not mean in general, they're just serious about their competitive battling. There are a few flamers in general, but overall, the people there are quite nice.

Oh, than thats good. They seem mean since one person would call another a noob for not knowing how to battle, and since you said they were serious about the battling....

facetious

facetious
just wanted to say you guys have always been true pokemon fanatics and treat your members with respec. Sites like Smogon treat their people like trash and their moderation team is full of racist middle schoolers with no respec for their fanbase at all.
Smogon is heaps better than Serebii in most aspects.

Some of their mods are complete tools (like Groudon80), but their admins are decent. If you can't stand being insulted on a Pokemon forum then maybe the Internet isn't for you?

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
Oh no Smogon are mean.

no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no

I can't take it anymore smogon was mean to me and now I'm gonna post how great sppf is. Its the greatest, I love you all. I love SPPF

---------

I don't really know what you expect from Smogon. They're a completely different community, with their own set of rules and their own ways of doing stuff. And to say they don't care for their fanbase would be a rather silly statement. They have successfully set up a platform and certain ideas and rules that one does not need to ADHERE to but rather a guide for competitive battling. That is their way. And frankly, I think one should admire what they have. For years, there was no wifi or no way to battle other than netbattle, irc bots or hell way back PBS. As certain pokemon communities fell backwards they came forth and offered something that wasn't available on the internet. They set up a site and forums with good strategies and stuff to battle and a certain philosophy. Yeah theres many that are likely to be arseholes there but theres arseholes everywhere. But what I am trying to say and probably unsuccessfully is they have a few old schoolers a certain way that they approach things and a certain attitude they may come off as pretentious or arrogant. But all communities have a certain attitude that they project. You either fall inside that way of thinking or go elsewhere. There would have been nothing wrong with your post if you just said that Serebii is great. But no you had to have a dig at another site, probably where you were acting like a dickhead.

(Note: I do not go to smogon, I have never been to smogon nor am I likely to ever to go to smogon).

chaos on the internet

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Probably will get closed or locked but here goes :p

Just keep up the great work guys! Serebii is still the best, always will be!

it's truly a challenge to figure out from your post why you didn't fit in at my site ;049;

edit: On a serious note, you probably didn't read the rules and got infracted. Yeah, there are strict rules, but it takes like 5 minutes to read them and hardly any effort to use your common sense when posting. If you can't understand why Smogon is like it is, then go to a different community. There is no need to trash all the effort countless others and I have put into the site and forums :/

Last edited:

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Some of their mods are complete tools (like Groudon80), but their admins are decent. If you can't stand being insulted on a Pokemon forum then maybe the Internet isn't for you?
I told myself originally that I wasn't going to post here, however this caught my eye. How the hell is Groudon80 a mod at smogon? That kid was the biggest effing tard here not too long ago. How he could hold any position of authority is beyond me.
Chaos, wtf r u doin? D:

chaos on the internet

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I told myself originally that I wasn't going to post here, however this caught my eye. How the hell is Groudon80 a mod at smogon? That kid was the biggest effing tard here not too long ago. How he could hold any position of authority is beyond me.
Chaos, wtf r u doin? D:

People change? I checked the user "Groudon80" here and the last post was from 2005. That was 3 years ago, everyone was new once. There is also the (quite plausible) alternative that he was trolling you all :/ There are plenty of people who have been known for longer periods of time who still act like they haven't learned the first damn thing about how the Internet works.

He does a good job, as far as I know, with tournament approvals? He helped Justin and others manage the Smogon Tour when we still used NetBattle? I don't know. Hating on people, unprovoked, from the safety of a different forum is really immature and those who conduct themselves in such a manner should be ashamed ;201-m;

Last edited:

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
People change? I checked the user "Groudon80" here and the last post was from 2005. That was 3 years ago, everyone was new once. There are plenty of people who have been known for longer periods of time who still act like they haven't learned the first damn thing about how the Internet works.

He does a good job, as far as I know, with tournament approvals? He helped Justin and others manage the Smogon Tour when we still used NetBattle? I don't know. Hating on people, unprovoked, from the safety of a different forum is really immature and those who conduct themselves in such a manner should be ashamed
If you were trying to reprimand me with that last sentence, it didn't work at all. Specifically because I wasn't "hating on people", I was orating my recollection of the last experience I had with a member that used to troll and "hate on" people here for a good while before he became a member of your crack staff. However, I was in error about the length of time it had been since he had been here.

chaos on the internet

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
If you don't want people to take what you are saying the wrong way, then don't use phrases like "effing tard" or "crack staff." I give people power based on their contributions to the community, not their approval rating derived from random users on Serebii.net.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
If you don't want people to take what you are saying the wrong way, then don't use phrases like "effing tard" or "crack staff." I give people power based on their contributions to the community, not their approval rating derived from random users on Serebii.net.
Well good for you. Had you gone with choosing your staff from the latter, I'd have to check you for a nervous system. ;o
Also, it doesn't really matter to me how people take what I say. The majority of things I say are double entendres, anyway.

It should all be a we love Jess fiesta imo.

I think I still have an account on smogon. Seemed perfectly fine to me last time I visited.

BigBossPokemon

From your sig chaos "95% of Serebii.net does not understand competitive battling. If you're one of the 5% that do, then don't waste your time putting this in your sig - head straight to Smogon."

Pokemon is competitive? its one of the easiest games ever, theres NOTHING competitive about it, NOTHING and i don't care what you say or anyone else says. Try to make a kids game seem competitive when it really isn't, then turn around and act racist in many of your posts on the forums and badass like its a big deal that you play "competitive pokemon" is not good conduct at all. Not only are you doing this but your mods as well, ones that are recent to, not mods that havent logged since 2005. If you think its competitive don't ever play WoW or counter strike, better yet ET cause they will eat you alive.

Chaos on your posts here you are putting quite the PR impression but in reality when your posting on your own forum, you paint yourself quite the immature childish behavior that can be expected from smogon. So yes, the 95% that think this game is not competitive, its true its not. Enjoy your 5% and hope you and the rest of your website grow up a little.

Last edited:
From your sig chaos "95% of Serebii.net does not understand competitive battling. If you're one of the 5% that do, then don't waste your time putting this in your sig - head straight to Smogon."

Pokemon is competitive? its one of the easiest games ever, theres NOTHING competitive about it, NOTHING and i don't care what you say or anyone else says. Try to make a kids game seem competitive when it really isn't, then turn around and act racist in many of your posts on the forums and badass like its a big deal that you play "competitive pokemon" Not only are you doing this but your mods as well, ones that are recent to, not mods that havent logged since 2005. If you think its competitive don't ever play WoW or counter strike, better yet ET cause they will eat you alive.

Chaos on your posts here you are putting quite the PR impression but in reality when your posting on your own forum, you paint yourself quite the immature childish behavior that can be expected from smogon. So yes, the 95% that think this game is not competitive, its true its not. Enjoy your 5% and hope you and the rest of your website grow up a little.

Newbie perhaps? xP
Well pokemon is actually quite hard when you come into the EV training, Natures etc. really hard stufff, i myself dont do it.
BTW, is smogon a forum? xD i was sure it was a new RPG game on the internet xD

Status
Not open for further replies.