• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You have whited out.

Digitalkaiser65

Dark Master
Whiteing out.

I was thinking today, and I began to wonder, why they actually put this phrase in the pokemon games. Its an infamous line, and I dont encounter it much anymore, but back in the day I remember getting so angry when they told me I whited out.
I get so frustrated when half my gold was gone and I had not even succeded to do what I needed to.
It angered me more then a simple 'You have lost!' would have!

WHY NOT BLACK OUT? Or....Why not say "Camden, You lost. N00b."
Or somthing like that?

o_O; Whats its origins?
What and how does it apply to pokemon?
What actually happens when you white out.....*imagines negative space falling from the sky and crushing him*

AHHHH?

I suppose "whiting out" is like faniting, but that's "blacking out"
so, I suppose you just lose and rush back to the nearest pokemon center.

Well, It's pokemon...there are many mysteries we'll never find out.

Phantom Gardevoir

Alphonse's Wifey XD
Um...my interpretation would be once you lose all your Pokemon, you basically have a white canvas--thus, whited out. Your *** was wiped in that battle, so you're basically a white slate. XD Bad comparison, I know...

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
You feel the pain of your pokemon and faint, some unknown person takes you to the last pokemon center you went to. Meh I'm just making up stuff, I'm not sure. Also the unknown person steals half of your money.

TooCoolScyther

Sea Ruby Trainer
The funny thing is that you lose half your money. It's as if the trainer who beat you practically robbed you as well.

What would make things more "real" is if you don't white out/black out. But that you set a "wager" of sorts. Bet down how much money you'll pay up if you lose the battle. That kind of thing.

But instead. You get robbed and sent to a Pokemon Center (probably an innocent bystander brought you there).

Digitalkaiser65

Dark Master
The funny thing is that you lose half your money. It's as if the trainer who beat you practically robbed you as well.

What would make things more "real" is if you don't white out/black out. But that you set a "wager" of sorts. Bet down how much money you'll pay up if you lose the battle. That kind of thing.

But instead. You get robbed and sent to a Pokemon Center (probably an innocent bystander brought you there).

Thats what they want you to think...>_>

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Go ask Gamefreak or Nintendo. I doubt they'll answer you but you never know. You're probably right about the innocent bystander, but why the pokemon center? Is there any human hospitals?

I dunno... they should've kept "blacked out". Whiting out is what happens when you're stranded in a frozen wasteland. o_O

I'd like if there was a bank, like there are in some RPGs. Then it wouldn't matter that much if you lost.

blendmaster0505

******** Guy
Yeah, the one you lost to will take half your money(never lost to a Wild pokemon so I'll never know). I guess whiting out is like fainting. But how will you faint if you're not the one battling. That's pokémon for you.

signed-
Gregory ;026;

Mello

Serial Fangirl

They aren't "robbing" you for one thing. When you defeat a trainer you get prize money. The cash you give is just their prize money for winning. =/.

blendmaster0505

******** Guy
Its a scary thought. XD

*hugs self* What game did you black out? Was that rby?

Who are you asking? Yeah, its a scary thought. Having 999999 money then losing. But you can always reset...if you saved.

signed-
Gregory ;026;

blendmaster0505

******** Guy
So they get half my money and I get a couple thousand, or a couple hundred or whatever? oO

I smell a THEIF.

Yeah, its THIEF. Maybe they suck and lose a lot so that's the only money they have left. Or maybe that's all the money they carry. I wish there was a bank like in MD.

signed-
Gregory ;026;

Chimecho3000

Maybe because they don't have much money? Anyway, I don't think you lose half of your money when you lose anymore.

Mello

Serial Fangirl
They just aren't as rich as you. Most trainers aren't so rich, only more elite trainers are. Beating Steven gives you about $5000, meaning he has a total of about $100000. It's probably just half of their money. =/.

Also, by the time you make 9999999 bucks or whatever, you'd probably have a million Lv. 100 Pokemon and not be defeatable. You don't lose money in Battle Tower/Frontier/Tents (Nor do you gain any) and those are the hardest things out there. I find it pretty fair.
I wish there was a bank like in MD.

Back in GSC, you could save money with your mum... I wish they kept that system =/.