• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You know what really grinds my gears

Maedar

Banned
Know what really grinds my gears? Miley Cyrus.

Actually, what I'm really upset about is the fact that everyone is making such a big stink about the issue, making it look like it matters. You'd think that someone like Madonna had done something obscene at the Academy Awards, and not some loser doing something embarrassing at an awards show that no-one except horny teenagers watch or care about. (I mean, come on. N'SYNC was there too, and the excitement over them died down about four years ago.)

I mean, honestly, who cares? Next year, her albums will be in the discount bin with the other has-beens and no-one will remember her.

Last edited:
I really hate it when somebody posts something on Facebook and somebody turns it into a political thing whether or not it was a political statement in the first place. It's like a status will say, "I wish those stupid kids would stop shooting those stupid BB guns while I'm trying to take a nap". And someone will answer back, "Obama's trying to take all guns, so that shouldn't be a problem".

I get that you don't like Obama. Be political. Have a stance, do whatever. But saying something completely unrelated to the discussion doesn't automatically make you smarter or make it suddenly socially acceptable to change the subject. Doing that makes you a douchebag, not ****ing Ghandi.

I really hate it when somebody posts something on Facebook and somebody turns it into a political thing whether or not it was a political statement in the first place. It's like a status will say, "I wish those stupid kids would stop shooting those stupid BB guns while I'm trying to take a nap". And someone will answer back, "Obama's trying to take all guns, so that shouldn't be a problem".

I get that you don't like Obama. Be political. Have a stance, do whatever. But saying something completely unrelated to the discussion doesn't automatically make you smarter or make it suddenly socially acceptable to change the subject. Doing that makes you a douchebag, not ****ing Ghandi.

Definitely this.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
People who whine and complain about every gen because it "ruins" pokémon

Also, my roommate annoys the **** out of me

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Twitter, facebook, and text messaging on phones. Tweets and instant-pestering were so annoying that I keep my cellphone off 99.9% of the time and only use it for emergencies and meetings. Really though if I want to talk to someone I'd rather just walk up and talk to them!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Twitter, facebook, and text messaging on phones. Tweets and instant-pestering were so annoying that I keep my cellphone off 99.9% of the time and only use it for emergencies and meetings. Really though if I want to talk to someone I'd rather just walk up and talk to them!

I think you forgot texting, why take 5 minutes to type someone something when you could've called them (it only last 5 seconds people)

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
What grinds my gears is the songs that they play on the radio these days. All you hear is the same Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber song being played every 8-12 minutes, I actually wonder how the dj there did not kill themselves from insanity?

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
What grinds my gears is the songs that they play on the radio these days. All you hear is the same Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber song being played every 8-12 minutes, I actually wonder how the dj there did not kill themselves from insanity?

I just change the station a lot. My favorite networks are NPR and a local station that plays classical music.

Maedar

Banned
Something that grinds my gears are phone scammers. Now, you'll say everyone hates them, right? Well, how about ones that couldn't be more obvious?

Three times in the past week, I've gotten a call with a recorded message saying my auto insurance is about to expire, telling me about all the fines and penalties I'd be subject to if I didn't renew it NOW.

This "scare tactic" might seem convincing to some people, but the thing is, I don't have a car... Or a license. So I'm pretty sure that my auto insurance - which I never had to begin with - is not about to expire. And no matter how many times I hang up on them, they never learn.

Attention *****s.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Super Smash Bros speculation right now is getting on my nerves.

Some context: the one character I want is one that is considered fairly unlikely, but still could be in. But that latter part seems to be forgotten by a lot of speculators - if they consider a character unlikely, they will be an assist AT BEST, whereas if they consider someone likely, they're pretty much a shoe in. And the factor they consider most important is popularity, especially in their own forums. It's like other things don't even matter, just if THEY consider a character worthy, rather than if the character would actually be chosen. It doesn't even feel like something you could predict, really - seeing who's in is a waiting game, not a pattern, so it's hard to judge what criteria fit certain characters. And they seem so pessimistic, too! Like if a slight bit of doubt, one small flaw, affects a character, they won't be in.

Ugh. I'm not lurking on those forums anymore, needless to say. These people take all the fun and excitement out of waiting for the game, since they pretty much rely on destroying hopes for all but a handful of characters.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Gen Five fanboys, or just any over active gen fanboy in general.

Yes, I get that you like this generation, but don't shove it in my face when I dislike a single pokemon from it.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Gen Five fanboys, or just any over active gen fanboy in general.

Yes, I get that you like this generation, but don't shove it in my face when I dislike a single pokemon from it.

Don't blame those who like gen 5. Its mostly those who hate on the gen because of 1 or 2 pokémon (you all know what they are) and ignore anything else good about it. But I agree, if it's any gen I'll get on their case as well. Its ok to favor a certain gen over another, but at least don't be a douche about it (not directed towards you)

But anyways...

Catching Azelf in Diamond.

I know she's the being of willpower and all, but DAMN! WILL YOU GET IN THE BALL! I mean I have that thing paralyzed, in red health, and it broke out of my 70 pokéballs and 60 ultra balls while its wrecking my team with a nasty plot boosted confusion, uproar, and FUTURE SIGHT that SOMEHOW kills Dark Types

Don't blame those who like gen 5. Its mostly those who hate on the gen because of 1 or 2 pokémon (you all know what they are) and ignore anything else good about it. But I agree, if it's any gen I'll get on their case as well. Its ok to favor a certain gen over another, but at least don't be a douche about it (not directed towards you)

But anyways...

I know she's the being of willpower and all, but DAMN! WILL YOU GET IN THE BALL! I mean I have that thing paralyzed, in red health, and it broke out of my 70 pokéballs and 60 ultra balls while its wrecking my team with a nasty plot boosted confusion, uproar, and FUTURE SIGHT that SOMEHOW kills Dark Types

I had to turn off my game and turn it back on 3 times to catch Heatran and Giratina because: a. I ran out of Dusk/Ultra balls or b. the fight took so long that it defeated itself with struggle.

ebevan91

PC games that don't have a quick save feature.

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Last edited:

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan
In the SEU at my school if you don't like whatever is mainstream at that point you get made fun of: Don't like swag/YOLO? you get made fun of! Don't like Gangnnam Style? You get made fun of! Don't like dubstep? You get made fun of! Hell you get made fun of even if you display sentience. I really hate my SEU...

Maedar

Banned

But anyways...

Putting a Pokémon to sleep works better than paralyzing it. (I know, using paralysis is tempting, because you only have to do it once, but take my word for, that is NOT going to help most PokeBalls hold a Legendary.) And I think that in Diamond, yeah, Future Sight could hit Darks. But that changed later.

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan
People who assume everyone on Youtube is unintelligent or a troll also people who think it's inconceivable that people have a different opinion to their own.