• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You know what really grinds my gears

Peter Quill

star-lord
The thing that irritates me about this is that some people actually want Derpy/Lyra to become a part of the main cast.

While Derpy was brought up (I don't know much about My Little Pony myself) but this video of derpy probably reaches the top of my list of things that grind my gears simply based off of how obnoxious it is.

While Derpy was brought up (I don't know much about My Little Pony myself) but this video of derpy probably reaches the top of my list of things that grind my gears simply based off of how obnoxious it is.

ಠ_ಠ Why is this here? there's no reason for this to exist.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
ಠ_ಠ Why is this here? there's no reason for this to exist.

Because anything that involves MLP comes up within ANY subject...

Because anything that involves MLP comes up within ANY subject...

I like the Bronies, they are nice people but it's when they do stuff like this that really bugs me.

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I like the Bronies, they are nice people but when they do stuff like this that really bugs me.

Its just the opposite too. People who don't like MLP say they don't like something then the Bronies get up an arms... its like the genwunner argument.... but with ponies

In X and Y after Lysandre and Team Flare basically committed suicide... Nobody seems to care about those houses knocked over... DID ANYONE CHECK ON THE PEOPLE INSIDE!?

The people in Opelucid city after it got frozen over seemed to give more of a s*** about what was going on.
People who are really overbearing about their views and opinions.

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
The people in Opelucid city after it got frozen over seemed to give more of a s*** about what was going on.
People who are really overbearing about their views and opinions.

And lets not forget that nobody cared in Sinnoh when dialga and palkia were screwing up time and space, at least some people payed attention to Kyogre and Groundon in Hoenn

Mitzi

L'Etat c'est moi
In X and Y after Lysandre and Team Flare basically committed suicide... Nobody seems to care about those houses knocked over... DID ANYONE CHECK ON THE PEOPLE INSIDE!?

I know right?!

What really ticks me off the most are the super aggressive advocates of tumblr. Like, God forbid I don't reblog a picture of a girl who went missing 20 years ago. I must be a horrible person for scrolling past your post. I don't want to be antagonized by people just because I prefer not to do something. It's my choice, and if I don't reblog something, then I don't reblog something. That's that.

Mi-tan

Thought the same thing! I literally went into the only house still standing and talked to the guy there...did he mention the fact that there was a giant pit in front of his house and all his neighbors were probably either trapped or seriously hurt / killed? Nope, he just said something about an ancient legend. xD

What usually grinds my gears most: Parents who subscribe to the "absent parent" method.

This applies to so many things. People with babies who let them scream their lungs out in the middle of a store, and who just stand around near the carriage placidly browsing. (I've noticed that this almost always happens during clothes shopping, which begs the questions: doesn't it bother you that your own child is most likely hungry, tired, sick, or a combo of all three, and can't your shopping wait until you've taken care of them?) Plus there are the people with toddlers who let them run around in the middle of a crowd, practically tripping over their own feet and almost knocking over half the people they run in front of. And the people who so obviously let their children run wild at home that, when said children start yelling and screaming in-store, they only respond with loud repeated "SHHHHH"s that have no effect.

I also hate it when a driver makes a right turn by swerving to the left and then turning, or vice versa. First of all, it's completely misleading - I can't tell you how many times I thought the turn would be one way and it wasn't - and second of all, I see no reason why it should be necessary...? There seem to be plenty of other drivers who can make a turn without doing that.

Last edited:

Maedar

Banned
I know it's been a while since someone has posted here, but I found something that really grinds my gears. This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJZcFq8ige8

Seems that little girl is "all grown up now", so to speak, wouldn't you say?

I know that in America, female fictional characters have to be "hot" to be popular, and that Wonder Woman and Catwoman are showing far more curves than they did back in 1950, but COME ON! The freakin' Sun Maid Raisin Girl? Were they that desperate to sell raisins that they gave her a virtual face-lift and implants?

Some people just go too far.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
People who only seem to look at their smartphones in restaurants. And poeple who ignore their crying children in the public transport and do things on their smartphone instead.

Mi-tan

Ooh, I've thought of something else to post here...

People who absolutely can't stand criticism of whatever it is they like. By this, I mean people who seem like normal fans and don't usually seem to think their fandom is "flawless", but if a few other fans start to say that they don't like something about it, this person can't resist bringing up the old standbys - they're "haters", they're jealous, they're going to break the fandom because the creators will be hurt and stop creating, they shouldn't criticize until they can personally do better, they should be glad that the fandom exists in the first place, they're going to drive others out of the fandom, and so on ad nauseum. I know that every fandom has people like this, but I'm still unable to understand the sense of it (well technically I suppose it basically has no sense at all) and it still grinds my gears. Everything in the world is imperfect, and no matter how much one likes something, there's always a chance that someone else might not like it. That doesn't automatically delete them from the fandom, it just means that they don't share the same opinion.

Maedar

Banned
I thought of something that "grinds my gears" and has for a long time.

Now, I respect women, I never gawk at women (a girl wants to wear a crop top with a midriff and short-shorts in public, with pink hair, I'm not going to say anything), make inappropriate advances towards women, and I stand up for women's rights.

But one thing I just don't get is why women get so upset about men "leaving the toilet seat up". That's what irks me.

Honestly ladies would it kill you to just look before you sit??