1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

You know what really grinds my gears

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Mudkipzroks, Jun 11, 2012.

1. lidaboy

lidaboy procrastina...

luck. thats it.

2. MTeriyaki

MTeriyaki Well-Known Member

-ghetto people
    -people who say pokemon is stupid and repetitive when they play CoD
    -White Knights
    -People who swear every sentence
    -HxC Kids that "love" gir and dont even know what the irken empire is and stuff like that
    -Westboro Baptist Church
    -Religious People who shove their religion down your throat
    -People who act hard and always want to fight
    -People who always talk about smoking

3. Crimson_Blazer

Crimson_Blazer Well-Known Member

A trash compactor? Wtf? Do You live in bel-air or something? Sounds like something rich people have. You dont hae normal bins that u throw your trash into and have a garbage man pick it up?

4. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

Actually, I think if you press A during the cutscenes, you can skip them (this only works after the first time you've attempted the level, though).

Now that I think about it, though, Bouldergeist is a pain in the a**. I think it took me at least 20 tries to complete the Daredevil Run against him the first time.

5. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

I know, but the fact that you have to rewatch them if you leave and go back to the level is what pissed me off.

Good thing Boss Blitz's Prankster Comet isn't a Daredevil Run, that'd be pure hell. It's still pretty hard, though. And Bouldergeist's Daredevil Run is only bad until you get good at it (which initially did take me a while admittedly). And Squizzard's Daredevil Run is harder.

6. Crimson Penguin

Oh, I see what you mean now. Yeah, that does get annoying.

You know the worst gear-grinding unskippable cutscenes, though? The ones during the Shadow Queen battle at the end of TTYD. I swear, it takes like 5 minutes to get through each one (there are like three of them), and if you lose at any point during the battle, which for me takes about 30 minutes, you have to watch the entire thing all over again. Incredibly annoying, especially if/when you have to redo the battle several times.

That would be hell. I have gotten much better at Bouldergeist, but he's still one of the hardest bosses in SMG. I always found Squizzard to be pretty easy, though.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  7. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Really? I found Squizzard to be more annoying because they both could partially regenerate later in the battle (Bouldergeist's arms and Squizzard's cannons), but Squizzard also had the quicksand arena making it harder to dodge his attacks and counter. Also, I recently discovered (although I had done this before but didn't really pay much attention to it) that the trick to Bouldergeist's second phase is to spin attack and grab both Bomb Boos when they're close to you, that way when you go to hit Bouldergeist one of them hits his arm and the other will go straight through to his body.

8. Ohitsdylan

Ohitsdylan Well-Known Member

Trimming my nails. It's time consuming and I'll have to do it again in about a week.

9. blackterminator3

blackterminator3 Well-Known Member

Yes in our neighborhood we have a trash compactor that is mechanical. I don't live in bel-air. I wish. We don't have normal bins in our a apartments which do look like town homes.

10. Swampert is my Homeboy

Swampert is my Homeboy Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma

Lot's of things...

- When people eat bananas in public... it's just..weird..
    - When people eat string cheese by biting it, instead of peeling it lika a normal person
    - When people bump into you and glare at you like it's your fault
    - When people talk really loud for no reason
    - When people step on my shoes. >_<

11. Flandre

Flandre Fluffy Flareon

Oh my god you are just like my dad. OTL

I live in an area where having a kid usually means you don't want to work and want money. Aka, there's a lot of young 'uns.
    Anyways, I went out for my birthday meal with my family as I normally do a few days back and he constantly complained.

I agree though, but silently. ¬.¬

What annoys me more though is people on the bus with headphones on... but the music is full blast and all you can hear is:

DUN... DUN DUN DUN DUN.... BOOM DUN DUN DUN... YO YO YOO YOYOOOO.

I mean srsly. Turn that shizz down.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  12. Estellise

Estellise peachy

I find it more annoying when I'm inside my house, and someone is driving down the street, blasting their music so loud it shakes the house.

13. DMerle

DMerle Guess who's back

What's really annoying is when you're listening to the radio or something at work and it's at a volume level where you can recognise the beat but not the actual song.

DF:fdDGFDG@fd;g;fdg

14. TrickyManectric

TrickyManectric Ultimate Trickster!

People who discriminate. I especially hate sexists and homophobes.

15. Lanik

Lanik Well-Known Member

Y'know what really grinds my gears? People who don't have their headlights turned on when they're driving. Last night when I was biking on a road without sidewalks, there was someone driving towards me with their headlights off. That obscure car was right behind me.

16. Estellise

Estellise peachy

Add Antisemitism to this list, and here's my answer.

17. Crimson Penguin

You wouldn't like my dad then. Actually, most of my family is normally really loud. I'm like the one quiet person in the family. ; )

18. The_UnAmerican_Idol

The_UnAmerican_Idol This... Is my Buddy.

The Maury Show grinds my gears, but its entertaining

19. blackterminator3

blackterminator3 Well-Known Member

People who throw attitudes with innocent people in fast food places. Such a annoying thing to do.

20. Whitn3y

Whitn3y Pretty Princ3ss!

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Greatest post. Ever.

Get your #*&$% baby out of the movie theater FFS. Babies can't watch movies! Stop ignoring them to stare at Adrein Brod........drooooooooooool
    Oh sorry, anyway 99% of the problem with the last few generations of children is that parents will do ANYTHING to get the #$&#* away from their kids for as long as possible, and typically this means just completely tuning them out.

As far as gear grinding is concerned, people who seem to think that their political beliefs can be summed up in a two or three word bumper sticker. I'm sure you've put a lot of thought, time, and effort into establishing your political views. *sigh*