• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You know when you're bad at Pokemon when...

You fail to obtain Pikachu in Yellow version
You lose against the Poochyena (Or Zigzagoon, depending on the version) chasing Professor Birch in R/S/E
You waste your Master Ball on a level 3 burned Caterpie with a sliver of health left
You fail to catch that Caterpie with the Master Ball (There's actually a screen of someone catching a nearly-dead level 40 burned Loudred in the Emerald guide on page 114)
Every Pokemon Teleports from you, or uses a suicide move like Selfdesctruct... and you have a Pokemon preventing them from running out and the Pokemon you're trying to catch isn't even supposed to know the move ("OMG, RATATTA!" *Rattata uses Selfdestruct* "Oh, darn...")
You hatch a Pokemon egg and it turns out to be rotten
All your Pokemon faint... at the title screen
The Pokemon Center offers a price to heal your Pokemon... 100 yen more than you have, everytime
You try to go up Cycling Road on a bike and the guard doesn't let you
You Surf on a Pokemon and then it knocks you off and swims away
You trade a Pokemon, and the Pokemon the other trainer trades comes out of its ball, looks at you, screams, then goes back to its original owner
You tell your Pokemon to use Cut... and it turns emo on you and Cuts itself

That's all I could come up with for now

Raikou77

When you have this Pikachu

Nature-Adamant
Item: Magnet
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
-Thunderwave

trapezechimpanz

When you think shinies are a glitch in the game. I was the first was to say it! :D
EDIT: Strike that, when you don't evolve your pokemon because they look ugly when they do.

I said it first! Can't you read!

Anyways...
When you try to evolve pokemon that can't evolve (yet or just dont)
When you go hunting for a pokemon out of its generation (such as searching for a munchlax when in Leaf Green and Fire Red)

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
You think Geodude's name is Graveler.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
You think Sudowoodo's a grass type.

Grasswhistler

stopthesealhunt.ca
Even when I was a little kid I was smart enough to replace moves with stronger versions of the same type. If my Pikachu wanted to learn thunderbolt, I would delete thundershock, because even as a little kid I knew that there would never be a reason to have a weaker version of the same attack.
Actually, Thunderbolt > Thunder, Flamethrower > Fire Blast, Surf > Hydro Pump, ect., in most cases.

thundermouse

When you think you can beat the battle tower with just one "really strong pokemon". By the way, i am guilty. proved you cant beat the whole game with just one overated starter.

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
When you start crying after the flight attendant tells you to turn of the Gameboy [pokemon red] when you beat the e4.

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
You evolve Pokemon as soon as possible with Elemental Stones.

You try lots of the crappy cheats (evolving unevolvable Pokemon, getting rare Pokemon easier) that are posted all over the internet.

You have a team of Baby Pokemon that only use 'cute' attacks, nothing that will 'hurt' them

-When you enter a competative battle with Ash's team of Pokemon because you think they're the strongest.
-When you think status-effecting moves suck and you replace them all with Hyper Beam.
-When you think stat-bossting moves suck and you replace them all with Hyper Beam.
-When Professor Oak takes a look at you and doesn't bother stopping you from entering the long grass.
-When you consider the Elite Four's Pokemon to be the strongest possible, and copy their movesets.
-When you incorrectly use a masterball. (Details in above ^ posts)
-When you arrive at the Elite Four with a level 70 Typhlosion named Binky, a lv. 10 Rattata, and a lv. 24 Pidgeot.