• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You know when you're bad at Pokemon when...

golden_charizard

Shiny Hunter
-When you enter a competative battle with Ash's team of Pokemon because you think they're the strongest.
-When you think status-effecting moves suck and you replace them all with Hyper Beam.
-When you think stat-bossting moves suck and you replace them all with Hyper Beam.
-When Professor Oak takes a look at you and doesn't bother stopping you from entering the long grass.
-When you consider the Elite Four's Pokemon to be the strongest possible, and copy their movesets.
-When you incorrectly use a masterball. (Details in above ^ posts)
-When you arrive at the Elite Four with a level 70 Typhlosion named Binky, a lv. 10 Rattata, and a lv. 24 Pidgeot.

do you mean pidgeotto?

Yami ookami

I saw this game in GameFAQ's a few years ago, and I thought it was pretty humorous. You just post things that stupid people may do when they play the games.
Examples:

When you can't find the exit of your house, because you think the doormat is a badly drawn bookcase. (some people actually did this)
When you run away from the legendaries. (I did this when I was 8.)

Now you try.

Oh god, when I started silver I didn't know the mat was an exit.

Pikachu41

The PokeMaster!
You know you're bad at Pokemon when you pit a team of Growlithe, Poochyena and Metapod up against the Elite Four.

Sami

GTS obsessed!
When you can't find the exit of your house, because you think the doormat is a badly drawn bookcase. (some people actually did this)
Guilty! XD;; That was the first time I had ever played Red, and I couldn't figure out how to get out of my room because I thought the stairs were a bookcase.

when you don't evolve your pokemon because they look ugly when they do.
I'm guilty of that too, but I wouldn't say that it's being bad at Pokemon. It's more having an opinion than anything else.

- When you think that by putting another Pokemon at the top of your team in Yellow, it will make that Pokemon follow you instead of Pikachu.

When your Quilava evolves, Typhlosion says, ''Ha Ha! You fool!'' in an Darth Vaderish voice, then incinerates you.

When you think that your Pikachu can beat a Rhydon by AIMING FOR THE HORN!!!!!1

You send your copy of Gold back to Nintendo because it has a 'glitched' Red Gyarados.

BlazeShadow

When you have a lv100 Gyarados with Splash only.

When you send Fire Red back to Nintendo because the Deoxys you traded from Ruby looks different

Gerard

When you attempt to raise a team of ONE type only and pit them up against a stronger type confidently.

Guilty. I was eleven and loved water-types back then. >.>

Ryo242

Eating Pokemon...yum
When you try...to wake your Pokemon up by yelling at the GBA.
...to unthaw your Pokemon by putting your GBA in the microwave.
...to un-burn your Pokemon by putting your GBA in the freezer.
...to de-confuse your Pokemon by shaking your GBA.
...to cure your Pokemon of the "love" condition by explaining to your GBA that the other Pokemon is a hussy, and that it will never return your love for it and that the only method to break free of this curse is to leave it or kill it.

Woah....a little too far?

Pre-emptive apology to my GBA....it has suffered greatly.

You say that the game will only be good when pigs fly. Then you see someones Grumpig Mimicing Fly.

BlazeShadow

Your lv100 pokémon loses to a lv1.

blendmaster0505

******** Guy
When you make a PKMN hold a Potion and think it will use it
also on Revives

FOOLED ME WHEN I WAS FIRST PLAYING POKEMON