• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
When you fit the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results) by soft reseting or hatching for a shiny [insert any Pokemon here]. Thankfully I'm too impatient to be guilty of this (though, as one would expect, I don't have many shinies).
When you keep writing down your ideas for future games, and never tell them to anyone because you don't want them to steal your ideas, while hoping one day you'll work up the nerve to find a way to give the ideas to GameFreak. All the while knowing they probably would never bother listening to an idea by some random kid like you. Guilty of this one.

Trillian

The hoopy frood
You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when you make a "You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when..." thread.

1. You know you're obsessed when you've seen several incarnations of the "You know you're obsessed when" thread on the forum.
2. When you look up pokémon opening themes and episodes in foreign languages under the pretence of 'studying'.
3. When younger players actually look to you for help and to judge their teams.
4. When it never occurs to you that others may not understand what you're saying when you speak of 'shinies', 'pokéradar', 'evs', 'ivs' and whatnot until you look at the glazed expression on their faces.
5. When you know the words to all, or almost all, of the pokémon theme tunes in your own language.
6. When you're genuinely pleased when Professor Oak compliments you on your 'dex filling skills.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
1 - Mine is actually the pidgey phone call from the 2nd Episode, wanted it ever since I saw the first episode and just got it about 3 months ago for my new phone.
lol at least im not alone in that zone
2 - I don't have poke-shirts, but I've made 4 bowls... I think 4... my Kecleon one, my Water one, and my Mewtwo Bear one.. so that is only three, though I'm going to do a Fire one (with Arcanine and Torkoal) and Penguin one. I have also made Apotacary Jars with "Teams" on them.
3,4,5,7,- Havn't done that.
cool...i just have shirts and a hat...
6 - I've seen them all.. and own 6 :)
havnt seen em all and dont own any movie
8 - What's a Zanate? Oh, I've done something like that. I was driving the golfcart across campus and a seagull flew over. I exclaimed to my self, "Oh look at the pretty Wingull" I started laughing because I did that.
cool...i like in the south of mexico...so there are no "wingulls"...mostly river cranes(Savinal river,Grijalva river),zopilotes,tzenzontles,raybirds,parrots, and of course the almighty zanate
he hope that helps...who knows knowing what a Zanate is can be an useful piece of trivia. another piece zanates and tzenzontles eye color can vary betwen yellow,red,blue and pink.a Tzentzontle can mimic the sound of several things even drums...electric guitar car alarms...and as weird as it migth sound an ambulance...
oh also u know u are adicted to pokemon when u run 10 blocks to download a wi-fi event...because your internet router does not cover your ds.

Last edited:

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
...when your room is decorated with Pokemon stuff
...when you sing along with the theme song on the anime.

You know you're obsessed with Pokemon when...

1.you join this website
2.the idea of using the pokewalker to play pokemon even during school or work hours excites you

All of them. As soon as i get HG Pokewalker will always be with me XD

When you keep writing down your ideas for future games, and never tell them to anyone because you don't want them to steal your ideas, while hoping one day you'll work up the nerve to find a way to give the ideas to GameFreak. All the while knowing they probably would never bother listening to an idea by some random kid like you. Guilty of this one.

Ditto, though i hope that some day i will work for Game Freak

Plus, when you draw new Pokemon that you would like to show to Nintendo/Game Freak

Dattebayo

Banned
- When someone pressures you/talks about pressure, you say "*insert name* is exerting its pressure!*
- When you see someone obese, you say "Wild Snorlax appeared!"
- You keep saying "gosh darn Zubats/Geodudes/Tentacools/Wingulls/Gyarados" whenever you encounter them
- You're obessed with the number 150

chikoritalover16

When you see a pokemon related number and you think of the pokemon it's associated with (ex. 1:51 PM- Mew time!)

~Dragon_Master~

The Next Legend
- When you nickname your Dad Snorlax because he is prone to falling asleep on the couch, soring loudly with his belly hanging out. xP

[Name] the [Occupation]

Pokemans Trainer
when you pass little kids playing Pokemon and resist the urge to give advice.
"No, no. Blastburn is a terrible move because you can't switch on the second turn. Try Air Slash. And did you EV your Charizard? Try to breed for a better nature than Docile..."

No. 1 Machop Fan

You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when you make a "You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when..." thread.

- When you nickname your Dad Snorlax because he is prone to falling asleep on the couch, soring loudly with his belly hanging out. xP

Two really good ones here! :D

You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when you start making your own Pokémon plush toys!

When...
-Your ringtone is a remix of Lance's battle music (guilty)
-You spend hours soft-resetting to get a shiny pokemon (guilty)
-You start writing words with a box full of unowns (guilty)

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
- When you would rather play pokemon then go see your little brothers school play ):

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
When I see my pokemon episode guide book. Then I have to improve it even more!

-You laugh everytime someone utters the phrase "I herd u liek mudkipz."

Not really, it just lets everyone know how new you are to the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.