• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestar319

The Marauder
You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when...

... You tend to answer a question directed at you with a "Pika?". *again, guilty*

That's it for now.

I've done that before too. I call that a Pikachu moment

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Apparently, there was a Facebook Group I joined called *Yes, I'm late. I got attacked by a Pokemon in the tall grass!*

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
^There are numerous of the FB groups about Pokemon. NEVER join them, if you value your life! Or some equally potent threat.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
When you can't remember the best dream you had and said drowzee must have eaten it

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Comparing Earthquakes to Groudon's doing...

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
You know you're obsessed with pokemon when

Back in 1st grade, everything you brought for show and tell was a pokemon doll

When you start to battle competitively and start "EV training"

When you imagine yourself having sex with any pokemon girl

When you imagine gardevoir with boobies

When you sing along to the pokemon theme song

When your school has a pokemon club and you join

When you skip your date with Megan Fox to play HG/SS

When you join the sppf forum

When you start to skip showers to play pokemon

When you mimic Ash's anime team in your game

When you actually get an erection (or nipple erection for girls) when you imagine a rated M pokemon game

I am not guilty of any of those charges because all of this happened when I was 9 (except the Megan Fox part, although I have seen her around, I never have the guts to talk to her.) And the competitive battling part, I NEVER want to become a uber geek. And the sppf forum, duh.

o_O....

Blame the rain on Kyorge..

Dragonite Ernston

Novice Writer
Apparently, there was a Facebook Group I joined called *Yes, I'm late. I got attacked by a Pokemon in the tall grass!*
Does it count that I actually tried Googling that? (No results, BTW.)

I'd prefer to think of myself as not obsessed with Pokemon...

How about a few of these: (Pretty sure they've been here before, but I haven't read the entire thread.)

• You know the lyrics and tune to every single Japanese opening song. (<-- Guilty as charged. -_-)
  • You've memorized the complete damage calculation formula from Smogon University. (And you know exactly why they round down after each step.)
  • You've memorized the type chart. (Innocent, I only know nine rows.)
  • You know every single Japanese name and its corresponding English name. (So no associating Hikozaru with Charmander!)
  • At church (if you go), you try replacing every appearance of "God", "Jesus", etc. with "Dialga", "Palkia", or "Arceus". (In your head, of course. You wouldn't want to say it out, would you?)
    • Same goes with a mosque, synagogue, or other religious convention.
  • You own a plushie of any Pokemon other than Pikachu. (The reason I exclude Pikachu is because it's much too common to find one that's not made by TPC. None of the other ones get such preferential treatment.)
    • I personally want a Lugia, but I don't know where the hell to find one.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Blame the rain on Kyorge..

Yeah, and the air on Rayquaza. Wait that's not right >.<

When you know what the final stats of a Pokemon will be with natures, IVs EVs, etc. taken into account (don't look at me! I only know perfect EV'd and IV'd Pokemon with base stats over 100!)

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
"I didn't eat all the food, was him!" *Points at SNORLAX*

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
Don't you mean Azelf ? willpower being

You know you're obsessed with Pokemon if you've found anything in this thread funny.

Word.

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
The following are all true.

1. You record all of the music for HGSS onto your phone and play it on repeat.
2. You go hyper at the prospect of bringing your 2 Pokéwalkers to school (i'm 17 btw 0.o)
3. Every inch of your room is covered in Pokémon posters.
4. When someone asks you to explain evolution in biology you mention Pokémon.
5. You spend 99% of your free time on Serebiiforums.
6. You spend your lessons doodling Pokémon in your school books.
7. You are on a mission to get every Pokémon to Lv.100.
8. You turn every conversation into a conversation about Pokémon.
9. You attempt to name your pets after Pokémon (until someone else puts a stop to it :/)
10. You happily tell anyone who asks that you're obsessed with Pokémon :D

Indragon

Back in the USSR
You post threads in general pokemon discssion on topics that could easily be answered by it's just a game don't think about it to hard.

You've just defined the average GPD thread! Here, you win.....nothing. >_>

You know you're obsessed with Pokemon if you've found anything in this thread funny.

Word.

Actually, if you even understood half of the thread.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Yeah, and the air on Rayquaza. Wait that's not right >.<

Huh?! Me no get it.

@Indragon and Firestar319

The thing about answering questions with "Pika?' actually started when I was six or seven when I got my Red and Blue versions. I loved Pikachu so much that I began speaking "Pikanese" according to my mother. Unfortunately, it became integregated into my speech. I still speak Pikanese occasionally.

And for the record, I have Asperger's.

I have another one. You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when...

...You start imagining OTHER anime characters as Pokémon. (Ex: Sanji= Blaziken) Way, WAY guilty on that one. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.