• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

No. 1 Machop Fan

...when you get someone else interested.

Not sure if someone's already said that, though...

lol you're obssesed with pokemon when your pet starts thinking and acting like one and your parents give you tips on EV training.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
When you start giving candy to your pets to see if it will make them stronger.

You know you're obessesed with pokemon when:

You take your Blissey you want to EV train to the pokemon centre infected with Pokerus and in red health. Nurse Joy tells you about it and you reply ' Yeah I know, I know...'. She then takes the blissey into the operating theatre and you, worried, press your nose on the window pane keeping you away from your precious Blissey when... Suddenly you see Nurse Joy take out 10 bottles of carbos! You rush towards the door, the chansey stops you and you say that you have no time for this and dynamic punch it and knock it out. Once inside you yell 'NURSE JOY PUT DOWN THAT BOTTLE!' then using dynamic punch and taking your blissey saying ' you crook, trying to ruin my Ev training? You must have been bribed by my rival!' at once you bolt out only to see a Officer jenny stop you with her growlithe. 'You take at the golden opportunity to get 2 straight attack Evs and send out your gibble infected with PKRS and use earthquake! but nothing happens... then take out your pokedex to find out it's screen is always remaining blank.
Then you you find yourself lying on the bed with your ds in your hands and gibble plush doll at the foot of your bed and your Mom saying ' You're grounded for playing ds for probabaly the whole night '.

Last edited:

treeco123

when you try to avoid wild Pokemon battles because you don't want to hurt the Pokemon(guilty)

Matthew Platinum

I Live For This.
I guess I am not as obsessed as you :/

Now, if you wish Pokemon was real on a daily basis... Then you're definitely obsessed :)

outkin

You know your obsessed when your online fourm or character names are pokemon (Eg: Mudkipz984) all your free write assignments are on pokemon, and every waking moment of your life involves pokemon (Pokemon clothing, posters, bed spreads, pokemon themed food any game you play is pokemon, its all you talk about etc)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
When you go to school, pretending your a Noctowl... or an Octillery.

Semi guilty. For me it was Exeggutor. I was in fourth grade.

You know you're obsessed with Pokemon when (and all of the following apply to me)....

You go to school with more than one Pokewalker clipped to your belt.

You can read Unown writing effortlessly.

You capture a Caterpie in Yellow version and evolve it all the way to Butterfree, while having dental work done the whole time.

A shiny runs from you in the Safari Zone and as a result you begin uttering the slogan "Hell charges admission!" whenever you think of that accursed place with that ungrateful golden Ekans! Any Poison-type and any shiny should consider themselves lucky to have me for a trainer! HOW DARE THAT UNGRATEFUL LITTLE- *slaps self*

You post in this thread and wind up going off on rage-fueled rants about the hellish qualities of the Safari Zone.

You frequently play your games with a voice-changing machine pressed to the speaker to make the sound sound lower or higher for a change- and record it on your cell phone.

You record the intro music from RB on your phone and use it as a ringtone.

Your Unown Dex in G/S/C is in alphabetical order (it just records them in order of capture, never sorts them).

More often than not, your daydreams involve a super-powerful Weedle defeating ridiculously tough Pokemon.

You are genuinely spooked because out of all your Pokemon dreams, the one that you remember the least about ironically involved a Drowzee.

You have a PC box filled with one species of Pokemon not named Unown (blue version, Missingno.).

You start an organization to protest the implicated inferiority of Glitch Pokemon (I am the founder of the Order of the Glitch)

You never misspell Qwilfish, outside of demonstrating the wrong way to spell it for informative purposes (And I swear, the next time I see it spelled "Quilfish", I will scream!).

Among your pet peeves are people who misspell Qwilfish.

You have defeated at least one legendary Pokemon used by someone over PBR's random WiFi battles with a Dunsparce (Several, but Dialga springs readily to mind).

You believe your Pokemon dreams MEAN something (I've had dreams of shiny Slugma and shiny Spinda. Not long afterwards, I found a shiny Skarmory, the only shiny findable on Route 113 in Emerald that I DIDN'T dream of!)

Out of all your Pokemon dreams, you can recall the exact details of more than one (Red version. I was in Pallet Town and I saw a gap in the fence near the southeast corner of town. So I walked through and into the grass. Graphics and music glitch, but the game isn't frozen. I walk around and encounter a wild Clefable and send out a Fearow. Graphics and music become even more glitched. Clefable moves first and uses Roar. However, the battle doesn't end. Instead, Fearow takes damage, roughly 1/4 of its HP. I wake up. And then, Pearl version. I'm on that route with the Maniac Tunnel, just south of Veilstone. I find a shiny Shinx and catch it with a Quick Ball. Then, just as the battle ends, I don't even take a step or change direction, and I find an Ariados. However, its animation has it dancing a bit, and it has Huntail's cry. I wake up.).

You can come up with at least three different moves that would work with Stockpile (Belch- poison-type Spit Up with chance to poison; Gargle- Removes one Stockpile level to increase a random stat by two stages; Spit Take- multi-turn move, continuing for a number of turns equal to # of Stockpiled power, plus initial turn. 100 base power, user confuses self afterwards.).

You've repeadedly made detailed and passionate arguments on Bulbapedia as to why Phione is NOT a legendary, in spite of the stubborness of just about everyone else there.

You know that Phione itself is proof of its own non-legendary status.

You actually do like Mudkipz.

treeco123

if you wish Pokemon was real on a daily basis... Then you're definitely obsessed :)
guilty...
You know your obsessed when your online fourm or character names are pokemon (Eg: Mudkipz984) all your free write assignments are on pokemon, and every waking moment of your life involves pokemon (Pokemon clothing, posters, bed spreads, pokemon themed food any game you play is pokemon, its all you talk about etc)
guilty,twice...
when you try to get a level 100 Magikarp(guilty)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 133172

*when you search for 'fakemon', 'fakedex' and 'realistic pokemon' on deviantart.
*when you dream of winning the lottery so that you can pay a bunch of geeks to make you your own dream pokemon game- so full of memory that it needs its own console to play.
*when you imagine a real pokemon is walking with you, just to make the journey to school a little less boring
*when you say/imagine things like; "if I were god I’d make pokemon real..."
*when the majority of your daydreams consist of you finding a portal to the pokemon world and completely annihilating Ash.

*when you fancy Cynthia
*when you notice the mistakes in your game walkthrough guides, and can tell that the people who wrote + edited it are not pokemon fans themselves.
*when you plot the locations of all the hidden items on the maps in your walkthrough guidebook.
*when the most annoyed you ever get in life is when a team galactic bronzor uses confuse ray and your pokemon hurts itself EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!
*when you own the guidebook but still watch peoples walkthroughs on youtube anyway
*when you plan your team weeks before you own the actual game
*when you get disappointed that serebii hasn’t been updated since the last time you visited- 4hours ago!
*when serebii.net is in your favorites toolbar
*when the only stories you have favorited on fanfiction are pokemon stories.
*when you spend ages ruining your eyesight typing in AR codes by hand, so that you really can “catch ‘em all”
I’m sure there are more, I’ll put them on here when they come to me.

Allo bold I am guilty of...

also You know you are obssesed with pokemon when...

You always correct your friends when they think a move has a certain power but it doesn't really, or you're like. 'DON'T GIVE A SPECIAL MOVE TO THAT TORTERRA!' or 'THAT NATURE SUCKS!' ......... This is me.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrAwesome

<Insert brain here>
The existence of Phione proves it's not a legendary.

When you used to have 4 fish.

1) Named the one that flps around a lot Magikarp
2) n-Named the prettiest Goldeen
3) Named one that almost looks like a heart Luvdisc
4) Named the ugliest one Feebas

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
when you're too distracted by Serebii Forums to do your assigment. <<<

Nebbio

NINJA!
When you wake up with your DS next to you.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
when you're up til 4 in the morning just because you wanna run your battery flat, the you plug it in the charger, set your alarm for 7, wake up and the cycle continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.