• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
- The loss of your Pokemon trading cards could be considered a serious financial blow.

- You're still reading this list.

- You've posted in this topic.

- You've ever criticized the Smogon tiers.

- ...or any other tier.

- You don't think any Pokemon should be considered uber.

- You know there are Pokemon that should be considered uber.

- You spend every waking moment of your free time doing suspect testing.

- You know what suspect testing is.

- ...but only because of Pokemon.

- You've ever tried coming up with a Pokemon D20 gaming system.

- ...and succeeded.

- ...despite having to do alot of suspect testing and re-testing.

- You've managed to decode the entire language algorithm of one or more Pokemon, including nuances, tones and cries...

- ...and have had entire conversations in Pokemon...

- ...to the point where even Skeletor and Hordak would pull you aside and tell you to get a grip.

darksteel460

slice and dice
-when you can name every single sound of every single pokemon but only by ear

outkin

-You've made hacks of the third gen games, making the main character talk and/or making it so its easy to get ubers (Guilty)

-over 50% of your bedroom walls are covered with pokemon posters

-Your desktop is pokemon themed

-You get your little brother hooked on pokemon (Guilty)

-You played games at school with your friends in which you pretended to be pokemon (Guilty, i dont do it anymore)

-you always spell mudkips with a "z" at the end instead of "s"

-you walk all around the store while your mom is getting stuff to charge your pokewalker (Guilty)

-Your free journal writes are "My adventure in pokemon <insert game> (Guilty about 4 years ago)

-Your friend just starts playing pokemon, and you become his/her teacher with the game (Guilty, whats funny is we both got pokemon on our 9th B-days)

No. 1 Machop Fan

-Your desktop is pokemon themed

I became guilty of that recently when I set my hand-drawn Sleeping Machop picture as my wallpaper.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
When you know the names of all 495 (counting the two confirmed new ones) in every language (like me!)

Every language? Wow, that just incredible...

when you survived the Mudkipz 10:00 video on youtube.

lol I hope you're joking

When you think Pokemon songs are one of the best songs out there.

MWP

When you're 21 years old and still sleep with a Pokemon blanket.

Sweet Pinpuku

Happy Happiny
When you don't go out with someone (ie, a date) who either doesn't like or has no interest in Pokémon (guilty).

When you spend three hours analyzing every avatar on this site just to find the absolute perfect one that suits your current mood which has changed by the time you're finished allowing you to blissfully repeat the process (like I did last night).

When you cry on Christmas morning and through a fit that you did not receive one gift that was Pokémon related (even if it was done in private).

When you refuse to listen to the Hoenn Pokérap due to the errors and the fact that a few Pokémon are missing (not there yet).

I have to comment on all these:

You dream about Pokemon.

All the bloody time and so proud too ^.^

You spend your spare time thinking up ideas for new Pokemon games.

I do this and in such a way that my fiancé and brother get involved in what soon turns to a heated discussion that I cannot lose!

You can identify every single Pokemon by their cry, with the obvious exception of those groups of Pokemon that share identical cries, like Charizard and Rhyhorn.

Including those ones with the same cries (oh yes, I am that good)!

You sit at your computer and spam the Refresh button whenever Pokemon Sunday promises to reveal new information on upcoming games.

Only recently guilty of this since the announcement of Black and White ^.^

You can instantly recognize when a Pokemon in the anime uses a move it can't learn.

My fiancé and I had an hour long argument over Chikorita and Vine Whip XD

You actually succeed in catching 'em all.

And have one of everything in my Box in National Dex order and each with their own specific gender and nickname ^.^

When you give the girl you have the biggest crush on soul silver as a present.

My fiancé got me HeartGold for Valentine's Day because it is symbolic of him giving me his heart when he asked me to marry him. I bought him SoulSilver too for I gave him my soul... is that wrong?

When you know the names of all 493 Pokemon.

People who don't scare me...

When you visit serebii.net on a daily basis.

Several times daily actually XD

And finally, when you use the poke'walker as an excuse to excercise.

My fiancé and I do - we never used to walk anywhere until we bought those lol XD

The loss of your Pokemon trading cards could be considered a serious financial blow.

My personal favourite here ^.^ I cannot begin to count how much money I have spent over the last who knows how many years on Pokémon cards ^.^

X

darksteel460

slice and dice
-this has been constantly happening to me and that is when your constantly hearing a tune from the game in your head like the pokemon center tune when your inside of it even when your in school and you have to check if your ds is even on

-and when you bring your ds with your games to school and play your games in school for your own sanity

mechanicaldragon

"X" the Scizor
you know your obsessed with pokemon when...

you can lower the volume during a pokemon battle and hum part of the song, then turn the volume back up and you and the game are exactly at the same point in the song.

you have a toy pokeball that's broken but you refuse to throw out because you think it's way to cool.

you know exactly every word each character in the game is going to say, right before they say it.

you can look at a silhoutte of each and every pokemon and immediatly name it.

you make some random pokemon learn nothing but HM moves, but never raise it up(my marill with strength, waterfall, dive, and surf).

your starter is at least 20 levels higher than all your other pokemon halfway through the game.

you've devised the ultimate team to take down all of the elite four using a guide you bought from a friend for five dollars three years before you got the game.

you can literally imagine the pokemon in the game battling eachother like in the shows.

the only video games you have for your DS are pokemon games.

you can't decide on your favorite pokemon until you create a list, and cross off every pokemon slowly to see which one you like the most.

you always save before a boss so you know you won't lose.

you breed and have a pokemon family of your favorite pokemon,

you have test subjects to see what differences male/female pokemon have.

you train farther than needed just to ensure you win against a gym leader.

your not like me, who would throw down my DS the second the girl of your dreams asks you out(that one's a little personal, sorry.)

you accidentally forgot your DS, and brake back into your house through a window to grab it.

you've played every pokemon generation, from red/blue to HG/SS.

you know how to catch a pikachu at the beginnin of any kanto game, through the viridian forest.

you buy a pokemon game at a gamestore that one of your friends played years ao when it came out.

When you bite your DS when you lose to a pokemon.(i almost did today)

when you think your game is on because the pokemon center tune is stuck in your head.

edit: you found serebii.net looking for how a certain pokemon evolves(credits go to my tyranitar, he only evolved because i found that site.);248;

Last edited:

tom-tom

Furret <3
^^^ forgot one

You know you're obsessed with pokemon when...you join a forum about pokemon and discuss how obsessed you are lol. (i am)

Omastar ftw!

You are obeseed with pokemon when...

You are depressed when you don't have your game (VERY guilty!)

You make themed teams at a rapid pace (Also very guilty)

You go InSaNe without hearing the sound of a pokeball being thrown (Smurf yeah!)

mechanicaldragon

"X" the Scizor
-When you actually know about IVs & EVs and fully understand them.(yet to be accomplished, who want's to take their time to teach me? or show me where to learn them? i'd be grateful.)
-when you just watched ten minutes of the "so i heird you liek mudkipz" video on youtube, but almost didn't watch the entire thing. that video has now given me no right to complain about anything else, ever. here's the link to the mudkipz video, i hope it worked.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
When you make up personalities and voices for yours long before you ever catch/breed them, and then are totally psyched that the first Meditite you caught has a sassy nature--ie:Is 'cheeky'--and is female, just like the one you thought of. (My Effie...she's a Medicham now...and a total smart-arse)
When you do aforementioned thing chit chat with them during battles and have them respond IN VOICE, and what they would say in that situation.

~Nemmeh ;107;

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
...furthermore, decide on your entire Elite Four team before you even begin

brittanyerin

Flaminghottrainer:)
lmao. you know your obsessed when you are late to formation because ss and hg just came out, and you had to get one.

you know your really obsessed when your buddy faints during training, and your like i guess pt is super effective...you snorlax.

your obsessions really bad when your wife is sick..and your just casaully changing your ds settings as to get more stickers for your ball capsules.

or when you put your ds in a zip lock over the summer so you can play it in the pool, and still use dive.

so thanks husband, i know your obsessed you do it all day everyday even when im sick i know u care more about mee, but i cant believe how obsessed you get.

mechanicaldragon

"X" the Scizor
-when you play pokemon in places a video game was never meant to be played.(i once won over wi-fi while taking a shower! pls don't picture that...)
-when this summer your going to put your DS in a water sealed bag(ziploc), put on goggles, and play underwater in you really big pool just to make things more realistic.(i'm doing that! i'll test the bag using some random item first.)

Tirea Mokri

You know you're obsessed with Pokemon when...

...you congratulate your Pokemon when they defeat an enemy/pep-talk them before competing in a gym or major battle/tell them how awesome-cute-wonderful they are.

.-.

I be crazy, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.