• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You Never Can Taillow! (280)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
What the fudge is Brock doing back I thought he was staying at the Pewter gym from now on Misty should have been the one to come back not him the anime sucks now >8(((((

That aside, it's nice to see Brock back with the group. More comic relief/"mature" aspects in episodes, more flirting with the ladies, and more zaniness with Misty's ear....ooh, right.

Brock's entrance was OK. Arrived with a bang, so to speak. It's sad he only brought his Forretress with him though, I would have liked for him to bring back Crobat and Onix.

But what I really liked about this episode is how awesome the Taillow were. They just never gave up, and the details their eyes were given only accentuated that. It was showing "Guts" in action.

Very good overall.

STICKTOPIA

Heh, quite literally. I love how that was handled. He didn't just walk up and say "Hi guys!" but instead he got to save the day. :) I love how Ash & the others were surrounded by the flock of Taillow with no way out, then it cut to a silhouette of Brock throwing a Pokeball and saying, "Forretress, Explosion!" That was a very cool scene. :D
Yea it was a great scene.

I thaught birds not suppost to eat choclate! XD

You are probably thinking of dogs; they can get terribly sick and/or die if they eat chocolate. It doesn't do anything bad to birds as far as I know.
It is amazing how Tailow was so infuriated with Ash and friends pre-capture and perfectly happy with them as soon as it was sent out. Those pokeballs must mess with their minds or something.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Rofl, I cannot believe that Ash, May, and Max got lost so early in Hoenn :/

I loved that the Taillow kept fighting no matter how many times they were attacked by Pikachu. That was, until Brock showed up. I was not expecting him to return, but for some reason he always does in an epic way.

Loved Taillow's chocolate mustache. 6/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved that the Taillow kept fighting no matter how many times they were attacked by Pikachu. That was, until Brock showed up. I was not expecting him to return, but for some reason he always does in an epic way

Yeah it was really strange to see how Taillow didn't hurt from Pikachu's attack. it was very brave, great that Ash caught so brave pokemon.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was very good. I liked Brock's entrance and the Pikachu vs Taillow battle was great. I'm glad Ash caught such a determined pokemon.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I liked Brock's entrance too "Fortress! Explosion!", this was a pretty good episode. Talliow could really take that thunderbolt (Which make sense in the Mossdeep Gym leader battle when Swellow is hit by lightening, if it can keep going as Talliow it especially can keep going as Swellow). Lol at poor Pikachu when it discovered there were no food in it's tin

saar

Shiny Flygon
Brock should have returned earlier, but at least he saved them from starving.
Taillow(I mean Ash's newly captured)was the strongest in the group. I don't know if it was the leader of the Taillows, but it really was the strongest. Ash usually doesn't capture the leaders, but this time he did it. Good decision.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Rofl, I cannot believe that Ash, May, and Max got lost so early in Hoenn :/

Technically they didn't get lost, they were just chasing the bird into a closed area. I actually wanted to see how long Ash could handle on taking care of May and Max. That would be even cooler than Brock's always boring appearance.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Tailow for the 1st time. I'm glad Ash caugh a Tailow. It was 1 tough-minded Pokemon! It just wouldn't ever give up or go down during the battle. It was cool to see Brock back, and that he joined the gang on the new journey.

40/100

RickHoenn

Banned
Yay! Brock's return, wow there were 4 episodes without him!

May, Ash & Max couldn't get to survive haha, Taillow was stubborn and a nice addition to Ash's team!

another great episode, Hoenn start has been nice. 10/10

TheEpicGoomba

Nice to see Brock back. Tailow was a good addition to Ash's team but I would of prefered him with a Pelipper or Something. 8/10

Vipsoccermaster

I just watched this episode. It was great to see that Ash caught such a determined bird Pokemon, Taillow. It was able to take electricity despite the disadvantage. Taillow is even one of my favorites in the Hoenn region.

Blessed

Poor May, not knowing anything when she brought out Torchic, What a surprise to see Brock make an EPIC return!! love him, Lastly I LOVE that Ash uses Misty's hankerchief to whipe Taillows beak. :) Good episode.

[IMG200]http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz188/ArticunoJazzMan333/Ep280Nicetomeetyou.jpg[/IMG200]​

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Poor May, not knowing anything when she brought out Torchic, What a surprise to see Brock make an EPIC return!! love him, Lastly I LOVE that Ash uses Misty's hankerchief to whipe Taillows beak. :)

[IMG200]http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz188/ArticunoJazzMan333/Ep280Nicetomeetyou.jpg[/IMG200]​

Its also the last time we ever see that hankerchief. Nice to see Ash use it to rub chocalate away, he probably threw it out after it got so dirty from that. :)

Blessed

Its also the last time we ever see that hankerchief. Nice to see Ash use it to rub chocalate away, he probably threw it out after it got so dirty from that. :)

LOL WHATS YOUR PROBLEM? & why are you harassing me? You clearly have ISSUES And Stop taking it out on Misty just because she ruined your childhood. And IDGAF, he used it and the audience saw it. :)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I was refering to the handkerchief, I am pretty sure this is the only episode it ever re-appeared in. It only took 4 episodes from the previous one to see it.

Also I doubt many people really took notice of it as by the time this ep aired 6 months later people forgot what it even looked like.

7threst

I think this episode was great for the awesome return of Brock and Ash capturing Tailow. Those Tailow were really fierce and that made the introduction to the epitome of the flying-type Pokémon in Hoenn quite well. I was really happy when I saw this episode the first time and hearing Brock continuing the journey with Ash. So far, Hoenn started of quite strong and I can say that after Brock joined and Ash finally did something significant in Hoenn (Capturing his first Pokémon) that this is the point were the journey really started.