• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You Said A Mouthful! (286)

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Even though the COTD was a cheater, I've got to admit that hiding pokemon in Pelippers bill was pretty smart. Good episode.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Pelipper was pretty strong pokemon, I'd say a strong pokemon in its own, and it wouldn't have won even with the pokemon (Magby, Bellsprout, etc) in its mouth.
Another thing I can say is that Anthony made a good choice by deciding to fight with the right law. I wish him success in the future.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Pelipper for the 1st time. Amazing how long it took every1 to realize that there were Pokemon inside of Pelipper (from the Pokeballs) doing those unusual attacks and not Pelipper. It was funny when Meowth went inside and tried to control the attacks.

20/100

TheEpicGoomba

Cool seeing Pelipper for the first time and for it to battle. Ashame the trainer was a cheater. Glad he started to become legit.

6/10

7threst

I liked how they did the really fast recap at the beginning. When I saw this episode when it aired back in 2003/2004, I missed already some the first episodes of the Advanced Series. Now, this episode was interesting and I was like wow, how can this Pelipper have all these attacks. But once it was uncovered, I was like" This guy is masterful when it comes down to cheating"

Also, the whole gym concept reminded me a little of AJ - seeing as both this episode and the AJ episode aired pretty early in both seasons.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I absolutely loved this episode. I still remember pretty well this episode and the "special" Pelipper is very memorable.

This episode was ok...

20/100

OK 1 or o·kay (-k) Informal
n. pl. OK's or o·kays

adj.
Not excellent and not poor; mediocre: made an OK presentation.

You say it was an "ok" episode and then you give it a 20/100...? That's nonsense.

I love this episode, one of the best AG fillers! I thought the Pelipper's trainer was pretty cool for teaching his Pokemon so many different moves, until I discovered the trainer cheated... Pelipper is a very nice Pokemon, and this episode was nice too. 10/10.

Blessed

The recap in the beginning was redundant. An alright filler episode, I thought it was a stroke of genius how Anthony put all those pokeballs in Pelippers mouth. LOL @ Max telling May that she is the one who is supposed to know the attacks that Pelipper uses. Team Rocket putting Meowth as a director in Pelipper's mouth was hilarious. My only aversion is that Anthony didn't get in trouble in the end.

Aquarelle

Staff member
When I was watching this episode for the first time years ago, I remember thinking at first that Pelipper was such an amazing Pokemon because it was able to use such a wide variety of moves. It made me want to use one! But then I noticed the Pokeball opening in its mouth and realized what was going on. I think I was a little disappointed that Pelipper wasn't as great as I initially thought it was.

Even though it was cheating, I found the whole keeping Pokeballs in Pelipper's mouth to be a very interesting concept. I was surprised that it could hold so many in there.

Even though Anthony was cheating, hiding all those Pokeballs in Pellipers mouth to give the illusion that it can actually use all those attacks is pretty creative. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really liked how Max freaked out when the COTD's Pelipper started using all sorts of attacks that it couldn't normally learn. Seeing Team Rocket expose the Pelipper and reveal the Magby, Magnemite and Bellsprout in its mouth was actually kinda cool. Seeing Team Rocket place Meowth and many Poke Balls in Pelipper's mouth made me holler though.

Zamin

I liked the way the team ended up using Meowth's idea about water and electricity, it was funny to see it used back on them.

Overall 6/10

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A pretty bland filler episode.Although I do like Pelipper,I didn't like the cheating trainer at all.At least he decided to win battles fair and square at the end of the episode.
4/10

Gillachu

Banned
Pelipper's huge mouth being used to conceal that CotD's Pokemon was hilarious. This episode made me laugh at least.

JudySpell

Banned
That dude's Pelipper hiding Pokemon in his mouth was such a cheap trick but man was it fun to watch it in action. Not a bad filler. 7.5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
All right, so this was an average episode. I thought that Satoshi's battle with Antony was weird. I mean, at first I was really confused about the whole "World's strongest Pokemon" thing, and how Pelipper was able to use those attacks. Anyway, it was really funny when Nyasu and all those other Pokemon dropped out of Pelipper's mouth, and then Antony and Masato came over and everything was exposed. But, that was pretty much the only thing to this episode.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Pelipper was much bigger than I thought it would be, tho I liked when Team Rocket exposed Anthony's cheating. Meowth being stuffed into Pelipper's mouth was fun to watch, but I pitied him also.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Pelipper's cheating stunt was hilarious. But I thought Anthony was worse than TR for having his Pelipper do attacks it couldn't possibly do just to win, and didn't like that he got away with no punishment. :/

Inarjollyhound

Mystery Dungeonee
It's one thing that Team Rocket and the other guy cheated with Pelipper to try to trick people into gambling their Pokemon away.

But it's another thing entirely when so many people are apparently willing to just risk losing their own Pokemon for the sake of pride.