• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You think NOA will axe or censor this game?

hawkmbl

Curious
I mean, after they removed the gender feature... It worries me. What if they cut out the violence? What if they change the story? What if they
Edit the ending so you can't see your partner suffer for when you say no?

R_N

It's possible the gender feature was cut solely for the demo, like how the avatar creation stuff was cut in the Fire Emblem demo.

I also don't see how cutting something like the gender would lead one to the impression that they would censor, change and cut various things with the game like the story.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I think that's only for the customization for the demo

Ultimate Puppyshipper

#1 Puppyshipper
It's possible the gender feature was cut solely for the demo, like how the avatar creation stuff was cut in the Fire Emblem demo.

I also don't see how cutting something like the gender would lead one to the impression that they would censor, change and cut various things with the game like the story.
I agree with you

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
The thing though is will they give you the option to pick gender after you have already started in the demo?

Rakurai

The thing though is will they give you the option to pick gender after you have already started in the demo?

That's what I've been wondering, especially seeing that the dialogue currently has referred to both the hero and partner as being male on occasion, as opposed to being ambiguous about it like in the previous games...

Cressy

Cutting gender doesnt mean itll be censored lol stupid assumption from just that. And it was a demo

R_N

The demo however is the first 45 minutes of the FULL GAME, and it transfers your save to the full game as well.

1. This doesn't preclude them from cutting gender
2. This STILL does not imply anything about censorship of the plot

hawkmbl

Curious
1. This doesn't preclude them from cutting gender
2. This STILL does not imply anything about censorship of the plot

They could add genders right after the hazy pass, like how the option to name your partner didn't come until after the first dungeon.

And I know they probably won't censor the plot, but you never know what could happen. Some other NOA releases got edited

Raccoonism

Rescue Team Awesome
I sincerely hope not! Personally I didn't get that impression from the demo. I really hope the cutting of genders is temporary, as mentioned before your character and partner are mentioned as males, which puts me off. The plots in the MD games always seemed like a saving grace to those who found the other aspects clunky, a fact that I don't think developers would ignore.

Rakurai

What if they
Edit the ending so you can't see your partner suffer for when you say no?

Well, I got to that point of the game, and saying no is a lot more dull then what some other people were implying, as it simply says that you decided to never return to the Pokemon world again, not even letting you see what the reaction from your partner and Hydreigon is.

Not to mention there's pretty much no weight behind the choice, as it's stated that your hero would freely be able to go between the two worlds if they agreed to come back.

Last edited: