• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Youkai Overdrive [R]

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
(Oops, Sorry about posting thread in wrong section I haven't been thinking straight today so I'm so sorry ;-;...)
Youkai Overdrive

Plot: Long ago in the sky, there lived thirteen celestial animals called the eastern zodiac. These animals were assigned certain years and watched every person born in that lunar year, helping shape their personalities with the help of the western zodiac. The two Zodiacs lived together in harmony, with the western more humanoid and the eastern more mammalian. Though, the two eventually got separated, and now the western zodiac is more well known in the western world, and the eastern zodiac in the east, the mystical land of Asia.

These twelve zodiac then decided to make their home somewhere in the sky between the two lands of China and Japan. Now, when they arrived Japan was all but just a primitive country while China was beginning work on it’s great wall. Soon afterwards, they were shocked by the sudden strife of the three kingdoms era, and went in and helped the chinese continue on with their lives. Though, during the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the zodiac also sealed away a powerful evil, and along with it their de facto member Cat. Thus, after this point in history, the cat has been left out in most circles of worship and observers.

Well, what is this darkness and why cat defacted? Well, this evil is said to be Sin, the driving force of chaos and disorder in the world. Sin is what lived in Pandora’s box, and made the world how we know it today. The eastern zodiac were able to located Sin when they arrived in China, and quickly tried to seal it away again after a three thousand year reign. Cat, however, was drawn in and believed in Sin’s lies, and turned against the other zodiac. What these lies were and why Cat believed them, no one exactly knows for sure, but it forced the zodiac to seal him away along with Sin.

Though, fast forward to now, 16th century Japan. Oda Nobunaga has unified most of japan under his reign. The zodiac have felt a great, powerful evil coming from Japan. Strange cracks have started to appear in the ground, and “Youkai” or demon sightings have increased unexpectedly. Then Oda's "disappearance" happened, and it send the heavens into chaos. The death of Oda seemed to break the final seal on that ancient evil from long ago. The first one to notice these signs was Rabbit, and he desperately tried to warn everyone of the powerful evil.

Though, their hubris got to them, and most of the Zodiac shrugged it off, well, until their leader, Dragon, suddenly disappeared. One by one, each and every Zodiac fell out of the sky into ancient japan, embodying a newborn child. Though, before Rabbit fell, he sent out a cry of help to the Japanese gods, and hoped for the best. Also, he saw a strange vision of Cat crying out for his help, but it wasn’t exactly a vision. Cat somehow had managed to escape his imprisonment, and fell with Rabbit into twins.

These children all had special traits corresponding to the zodiac, both mentally and physically. Stuff like Snake’s eyes, Sheep’s and Ox’s horn, Rat’s whiskers and so forth, but also things like Rabbit’s swiftness, Dragon’s wisdom, and Dog’s sense of smell. These children were branded as Youkai, and were instantly left for dead. Though an old, traveling shrine maiden was able to receive Rabbit’s message, and was luckily able to find and care for all the children, raising them. This shrine maiden is actually the goddess Amaterasu taking on human form, and knowing the danger of Sin quickly tried to save these children from death.

Now, as they start to reach adolescence, these children are slowly starting to regain their memories as the zodiac. Sin has risen up again, and a dark army is starting to rise up in japan. These zodiac have little time to spare if they’re going to save the world, even if they’re bodies are still weak. I guess one can say, they’re about to go into a Youkai Overdrive.

Zodiac
[SPOIL]
The Zodiac and special traits (not using pronouns since the Zodiac could be any gender)

Rat: Rat’s notable trait is that rat’s incredible small and can easily go about unnoticed

Ox: Ox has a lot of strength, even if Ox is confined to a kid’s boy; Ox can still easily manipulate objects most people couldn’t.

Tiger: Tiger has a strong sense of leadership and cleverness. Even so Tiger wasn’t the main leader, Tiger can easily be substituted in as a leader.

Rabbit: Rabbit is very swift and has very heightened senses.

Dragon: Dragon is very wise and fierce, making Dragon a natural leader of sorts. Dragon also has an affinity for fire.

Snake: Snake is very sly and has a way with words, and can manipulate people a lot more easily than the other signs.

Horse: Horse is very headstrong and adamant, and will usually stick to an idea once Horse gets it. Horse is also very sturdy.

Sheep: Sheep is very bulky and has really good durability. Sheep is also very caring, and prefers a supportive role.

Monkey: Monkey is very secretive and mischievous. Monkey is usually the one using unorthodox but effective strategies, and is also very nimble.

Rooster: Rooster is probably the most balanced of the zodiac, with no positive or negative traits.

Dog: Dog has an excellent sense of smell and is also fiercely loyal.

Pig: Pig is smart, but also really lazy. Pig can easily take something and shrug it off as well. [/SPOIL]

Rules:
1. All standard Serebii and RPG forum rules apply.

2. This is rated R for a reason. Heavy Violence, Alcohol Use, Implied Sexual Relationships (With Minors... At times), Language, Mental Deterioration/Insanity, Mind Games and some other things make it R.

3. Please, try to at least do the post minimum, but go above and beyond

4. No Bunnying unless it’s absolutely necessary and required. Get permission first.

5. No Power Playing / God Modding. Some of these powers can be abusable, so don’t even think about it.

6. Inactivity will be penalized with death. If you are inactive without notice, your character shall suffer a permanent death.

7. I want skilled people. All SUs must at least be of 1000 words length (At least 3 decent size paragraphs in each section suffices)

8. Mutliple people can reserve the same sign. There will only be one though, and I'll choose the best character for the sign (Besides Rabbit because GM needs most plot relevant character. Sorry guys .-.)

9. Have fun~

Sign-Up
[SPOIL]
Name: (Try and make this japanese inspired. Characters usually won’t have a last name, and more of a punny name based off their sign given to them by Amaterasu. Like I good example would be Usa for Rabbit [Which is my sign so])

Age: (11-14. I know 17 is standard but I want to see younger kids for once)

Zodiac Sign: (Obvious once again)

Leitmotif: (Musical Theme. Doesn’t have to be Oriental)

Appearance: (Things like tabi, Samurai gear, kimonos, etc. Nothing really modern day or western looking. Also, remember to add in traits like ears and tails. I don’t want anthros though... So try sticking to eyes/ears/tails)

Personality: (Try using the basic personality of your sign as the base, and build from that. I expect good, complex characters that aren't all depressing)

History: (I don’t expect this to be long or detailed. Though, give off some important events of them as a Zodiac. Flash backs and regaining memories will be prominent after all)

Weapon: (A weapon based of your zodiac your character will receive from Amaterasu...)

Abilities: (GO into further detail of what I gave you for each sign)[/SPOIL]

Reserves:

I’ll be taking six to eight people, and expand it to ten if we get enough. The signs that aren't used will be explained in the plot.

Lost: Rabbit
Snail: Sheep
DVB: Rooster
Azer: Dragon
Muse: Tiger
Beirut: Dog
AoT: Horse
Spandex: Rat
GH & Kamina : Snake
Dixie: Ox

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Give me a reserve for Rooster. May wanna try this out

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Dragon reserve

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Hrm...reserving for Tiger please.

Last edited:

Liltwick

@Everyone

Alright then, reserves are then accepted. Expanding to 8 now so if anyone wants to sign up *Looks at a certain two people* they can. All reserves will drop within a week. Also, if someone else wants the sign they can still post a SU, and I'll accept the better character from the sign. Reserves here are more saying you're interested in being that character, not that you'll be that character. So multiple reserves for the same sign is fine. I'm trying out something new, okay?

Spandex Faffy

Campin' it up
Can I try a reserve for rat please, I've made a base for my SU but will spend some more time improving it but in case anyone is interesting my characters name will be Konezu (written 小鼠 meaning small rat/mouse and this took way too long).

Last edited:

Liltwick

Can I try a reserve for rat please, I'll probably be making my su in a few hours

Alright then.

One more "reserve" unless three more people are interested.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
When does this take place? The Meiji Restoration was from 1868 until 1912.

Liltwick

When does this take place? The Meiji Restoration was from 1868 until 1912.

Oops, got some facts wrong. It takes place during Hideyoshi's unification of Japan.

Pyroli

Banned
I'm just going to post a WIP for now so I can remember to work on it ouo

Name
Shiba

Female (My boyfriend told me to do this so we could call her a female dog)

Zodiac Sign
Dog

Leitmotif

Appearance

Shiba is a fairly average looking teen, nothing quite sticks out about her average body. She has a mocha or cappuccino skin tone, and her skin feels velvety to the touch. She stands at a very average and unspectacular height of 5'2" and an average weight of about 120 pounds, all of this evens out pretty well thanks to her fit body type. Her breasts are about a C cup, nothing truly special about them, although she is quite young and is really just starting to go through the horrors of puberty. Although, her face is when things get somewhat interesting. Her face is dotted with dark freckles, along with an oddly dark nose, somewhat resembling a dog's. Her eyes are two very vibrant shades; her left is a pretty orange colour, while her right is a dark ocean blue. This resembles the heterochromia that a few species of dogs seem to exhibit. Her hair is messy and blonde, almost resembling unkempt fur. Two cute and very noticeable floppy chocolate brown dog ears reside at the top her head. Fully functional like actual dog ears.

Her body is also something to behold. When the young girl is unclothed you can see her body, she has a fairly good muscle tone for someone as young as her. As well as the fact that she is already mildly above average in breast cup size. Her dark freckles line her collarbone and neck just like they dot her face, she also has a fairly bad looking scar shaped like an x above her heart. However, she really doesn't remember when, or how she got it. At the small of her back, just above her bottom a fluffy tail the same colour as her cute fluffy ears pokes out. The tail wags profusely whenever she's happy, which sometimes irritates the girl.

In the fashion sense of things, Shiba likes to keep it simple. Shiba likes to wear a komono on most days, this komono is very ordinary, just a regular brown kimono that stops just before her ankles. Along with these she wears small cute little shoes that are quite easy to move around in.

Personality
[ Insert ]

History
[ Insert ]

Weapon
Shiba's weapon is based off of many elements of the dog zodiac. The dog is said to value justice, or as some people know it, the sword of justice. Along with a dog's keen sense of smell. These make Shiba's flower rapier, as she calls it. A light and agile blade decorated with lovely flowers.

Shiba is also able to use her teeth as a weapon in tight situations, although she dislikes doing so.

Abilities
[ Insert ]

Last edited:

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Is there anyway I could get a reserve for the horse please? I'll start working on my SU asap, maybe post during the weekend if all goes well.

Liltwick

Is there anyway I could get a reserve for the horse please? I'll start working on my SU asap, maybe post during the weekend if all goes well.

Sure, that won't be a problem... I'll most likely edit this post with Usa.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Like Beirut, I am putting a Work-In-Progress sign-up. Also, the tektek avatar was a good idea

Name
Mao

Zodiac Sign
Rooster

Leitmotif

Appearance

Mao is about the average height and weight of a 13 year old male. This makes him about 5 feet tall and about 90 lbs. He has a somewhat round face, giving him a boyish look and his eyes are slightly larger than normal, adding a quirky form of innocence to him. This fits the rather stocky build he has, perfect for gaining muscle, a tribute to the fighting nature of the rooster. He has light olive skin and his hair has the texture similar to rooster feathers. He has a rather nice shade of brown eyes and some pretty even dark hair. However, There is a streak of red that runs through the center of the hair. This red streak seems to represent the red crown that roosters have on them. Furthermore, Mao has markings around his eye that give him even more of a resemblance to a rooster. Perhaps most shocking is the large tail that he has behind him. Mao has practiced to ensure the tail doesn't hinder him and occasionally uses the feathers. He comments the pain like taking out a few hairs, though somewhat gently pulling them opposed to yanking them.

Regarding his outfit, Mao is dressed in a manner resembling the yamabushi, the mountain hermit warrior monks of Japan. He has on a black robe with a red sash across the robe. However, he also has garments underneath, mainly that cover his legs and chest whenever he has to take off his robe. He also wears the traditional underwear, fundoshi underneath. He wears traditional moccasin-like sandals and is often seen with several red prayer beads around his hands. Most notably are the rather larger prayer beads he wears around like a necklace. They appear to be made out of polished stone and is one of his most prized possessions.

Personality
[ Insert ]

History
[ Insert ]

Weapon
Being a yamabushi, he wields a khakkhara or monk's staff. This represents the balanced nature. The staff has four rings, symbolizing his status as a novice monk. The staff is powerful and durable, representing the endurance of the rooster.

Abilities
[ Insert ]

Last edited:

Liltwick

GH, you're reserved. Going to expand to 10 until the 12th, if no one else bites by then , we'll keep it at 8.

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
I'd like to reserve Ox. I can post a profile tonight at the soonest and Saturday at the latest.

Liltwick

I'd like to reserve Ox. I can post a profile tonight at the soonest and Saturday at the latest.

Alright then. One more spot left. I'm surprised no one has taken Monkey yet...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Can I reserve Snake? This looks kinda interesting