• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You'll Keep Your Dream Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

badge01-g.png

Where the strategies of Face-offers are put to the test!
Welcome to the Battle Dome!

dome1.png

So here we are again, at the second Battle Frontier Facility. I'm just gonna get right to it~you're likely expecting me to do another Pairs FO, but, since we already have that, I'm trying something a little different.
You get two pkmn to use in a battle there, right? Nincada evolves into two pokémon, right? Here we go.

Nincada Style!
291-m.png
292.png

This FO shifts between two phases, Ninjask (speed voting) and Shedinja (type voting). Each new page, the style shifts to the other one...make sure to atch for the twenties on each page.

The voting itself is simply Attrition. I give you a list with some commonality amongst the contenders and you vote against what you want eliminated. How you vote changes, though...

Ninjask Phase~you get one page to get as many votes in as fast as you can. But wait, a page has twenty votes no matter what, right? Yes, the difficulty comes in because the votes are increased if all done within half-hour margins with each other. For each vote where it is within a half-hour of the one before it, those two gain a speed point, SP. For every two SPs, the votes go up by one. So for six votes that are close to the original, they are triple hurting. When I tally, this may become more clear. Basically, fighting the flood control does you good.
Shedinja Phase~I am investing a certain amount of trust in you all that you will be honest with this half. Clicking spoiler tags unless you are tallying is forbidden. Quoting is forbidden. Checking the source code is forbidden. Any other method to peek at an other user's type is illegal. Here's what happens. Each time you post, you must put the name of a type with at leat two weaknesses (so Normal and Electric are forbidden) in spoiler tags. You put your vote, which is quintuple hurting. And if there is a user above you, you put the name of a type that you think is super-effective against their type (the type must be super-effective against at least one type, so Normal is forbidden). When tallying, the tallyist clicks the spoiler tags and checks the Wonder Guard. If the poster below me says Electric while I said Water, my vote is not nullified but REVERSED. If the person below me said Ghost while I said Water, my vote goes through as normally. Yes, you could be nullifying a vote you have nothing against. Just the nature of the style...your two types do not have to be the same (and shouldn't be). If you wanna use the same type under the spoiler tags, then feel free, just...whoever tallies (which is anyone) will realise that trend really quickly. Want an example?
~
Post 1
Fire
-5 Blah
Steel

Post 2
Fire
-5 DCD
Fish

Although the Fire type declared by Poster 2 is super-effective against Post 1's type, Steel, Poster 2's vote is nullified because there is no Fish type. Make sure you get your types right =P...
~

Oh yeah, the post frequency limit is thirty seconds. I think that's everything...

You'll Keep Your Dream Alive Round One
Sinnoh Event Pokémon

We'll keep this easy when starting to try this out...I hope you like it! If you have any questions or want more explanation, shout, and I'll come...

Arceus-90
Darkrai-90
Shaymin-90

Let the battle begin!

EDIT: Sorry, we're starting in Ninjask Phase...

Last edited:
-1 Darkrai

It looks like a lot, but it's really easy...I was kinda rushed to get it up before Kyle went for a snooze (which is why the example was short) =P...

Status
Not open for further replies.