• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Young Earth Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Someone tell me the point of this debate. (If this is one)

ChedWick

Someone tell me the point of this debate. (If this is one)

The point is to cause a crap storm. The theory is so ridiculous that only a few around here would likely actually give it any merit. This is an attempt to draw those people out to "debate" them into the ground. That's what I'm guessing anyway.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
are trying to imply im a troll? youre acting as if this was the first forum ive been too i just got referred to this forum by my friend Nilla (who is an osl gym leader) from youtube. so i decided to join into the debate forums dont be a sour puss cos im winning the argument.

If your friend Nila knows what type of person you are, she told you to join here just to see you get banned. Ignorant racists like you are not going to last long here.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Team Aero Leader
Although I know little of it, there is a new theory NASA put out about Earth once having two moons, and one collided into the other. Depending on when this happened, it would have shifted the dust on the moon, and left an amount making it appear to be only 6,000yrs old. Again, I know little of this theory, and am only guessing.
I'm pretty sure there's no standardized dust level measurement of age. It's not like the moon collects cosmic dust the way underneath your bed collects regular dust. Not as far as I know, anyway.
your just as ignorant as "me" since you label me as troll. and nilla is a guy, are you trying to insult him?
You call people ignorant yet you provide little to no argument other than "everything in the Bible simply MUST be factual. Keep in mind, the Bible was written by man(I think I said this before). It's not like every single last detail is the 100% truth of everything that ever happened. Unless humans are suddenly omniscient, in which case I was not informed.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
you know what who am i kidding. jesus was prolly dark skinned since he was from the southern middle east. white people started bleaching rice and bread this way it can be pure. the man thinks white = pure, black/brown = unpure. the man is trying to keep the black man down because they know they are not favored in the eyes of the creator. im glad my eyes are opened. **** honkeys

Do you really believe EVERYTHING from the bible.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
umm what do you mean im "trolling" im just stating the facts jesus created everything. if you dont belive that sadly youre going to hell.

Jesus didn't crete the physical world, that's God the Father. God the Son (Jesus) became human 2,000ish years ago to rectify Original Sin, thus allowing man to enter Heaven.

You might want to check your Bible bro

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Jesus didn't crete the physical world, that's God the Father. God the Son (Jesus) became human 2,000ish years ago to rectify Original Sin, thus allowing man to enter Heaven.

You might want to check your Bible bro

Were getting off topic lets stop this now. :(

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
you know what who am i kidding. jesus was prolly dark skinned since he was from the southern middle east. white people started bleaching rice and bread this way it can be pure. the man thinks white = pure, black/brown = unpure. the man is trying to keep the black man down because they know they are not favored in the eyes of the creator. im glad my eyes are opened. **** honkeys

Did you just say that God does not favor Jesus because he has dark skin?

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
Afro-centric alert!

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Let's continue now that BaldWeezy has be terminated. I think more people should be educated on how terrible of a theory YEC is.

KuroiMawile

The point is to cause a crap storm. The theory is so ridiculous that only a few around here would likely actually give it any merit. This is an attempt to draw those people out to "debate" them into the ground. That's what I'm guessing anyway.

I think ChedWick is right here. No one is agreeing with this, so what is there to debate? We're now just hosting to the Racist Christian, Starring BaldWheezy.

Also, I asked and Guywhoiam, you're right; a God-day is not 24 hrs, thus making the theory of 6, 24-hour days for Earth to be brought into creation false.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Team Aero Leader
It speaks for itself. There's really no debate to be had. Believing the Earth is a mere 6000 years old means you regard all the science that proves otherwise as BS. It's pretty obvious that even if Earth formed in 6 days(unlikely), it's been around for a pretty long time. No one can realistically deny that. Hell, we've literally found relatively intact mammoth carcasses that are older.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The earth is more than 6000 yrs old science it's self can prove it.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
There are living organisms, still alive, right freakin' now,* that are older than the 6,000 years allotted for young earth creationism. That in itself should tell any sane, science- and reality-accepting person that YEC is false.

The explanation I've most often seen for the contradiction between young earth creationism and, um, everything else ever is that God made everything 6,000 years ago with the appearance of being billions of years old. This raises the question of why a just god would seek to deceive us in this manner, which most answer by saying He's simply testing our faith. Which raises yet another question of why He needs to test us if He's omnipotent and omniscient, and therefore already knows of our faith. Never really gotten a good answer for that one... but even ignoring all that, the whole "created 6,000 years ago to look billions of years old" thing is scientifically unprovable and unfalsifiable, which makes it not only unscientific, but no more worthy of being accepted as fact than Last Thursdayism.

There's no real debate. There's argument, but since one side is entirely disconnected from fact and only survives based on sheer refusal to give in, we can't really call that argument a debate.

* Yes, it's OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Status
Not open for further replies.