• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Young Justice is back

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Five year timeskip was expected but I didn't think we would begin to learn what the Leaguers had been up to so soon. Seeing Miss Martian and Superboy broken up was weird after just seeing them so close together just last week. And her with Lagoon Boy was even weirder. Anyway, Wonder Girl, Robin (Tim), and Blue Beetle all seem like they will e interesting cast members, and I love how the alien paranoia is being played.

BCVM22

The use of G. Gordon Godfrey is potentially another hint as to who is ultimately behind what's going on.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Reminds me of Ben 10 with the whole "Media Alien Witchhunt" thing going on now. A pompous newscaster who thinks that because the heroes are aliens, it means they are out to get them, while trying to scare the general public into thinking he is right.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Tim is pretty awesome as the new Robin. It was good to know that most of the team did not upgrade to justice league yet.

As for Superboy and Miss Martian, I wonder what happened as I was very surprised. Although it will be easier to pull off Superboy and Wondergirl now. I think MM was the one who broke up since SB was glaring a hole into the couple lol. Nightwing and Zatanna don't look like they are going out but then again that could easily change.

Kid Flash and Artemis I'm worried about since they weren't even mentioned.

We will probably have a few flashbacks soon enough. I think Superman was the one who gave Superboy the gloves, at least it would be awesome if he did. All in all a great start to the new season.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
How exactly will they write Artemis in this series is what I'm wondering. They seem to be developing their own continuity with her so I'm interested in seeing where they are going to take her character. My money is on them making her the new Huntress.

BCVM22

Reminds me of Ben 10 with the whole "Media Alien Witchhunt" thing going on now. A pompous newscaster who thinks that because the heroes are aliens, it means they are out to get them, while trying to scare the general public into thinking he is right.

The DCU did it as a major plot point 30 years ago.

Kid Flash and Artemis I'm worried about since they weren't even mentioned.

I'm still not sure where this worry is stemming from. Again, we're one episode in after a five-year time skip. What fun would it be if all of our former principal cast were immediately front and center, with no mystery as to their goings-on during the jump?

Furthermore, with a five-year jump, the talk of how former team members have since joined the League and the fact that Wally's destiny isn't to stay Kid Flash forever, I can easily think of at least one thing that could have changed with Wally in the interim...

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I meant in recent memory. I watched most of Ben 10 and that's what I think of when I see what is going on now.

My guess is that Wally is the new Flash, and we can probably take a guess as to what happened to the old one.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Yeah, considering Zatanna and Rocket are apart of the League, wouldn't be out of the question for Wally to have become the League's Flash during the timeskip. What I'm wondering is if Jason and his death is in continuity. With the way Dick spoke to Tim, it seems like it.

BCVM22

I watched most of Ben 10 and that's what I think of when I see what is going on now.

Just saying. If they're using G. Gordon Godfrey in the role he served in the comics, it ties into something much larger based on a storyline from the mid-80s.

What I'm wondering is if Jason and his death is in continuity. With the way Dick spoke to Tim, it seems like it.

I hadn't even thought of that, but that could be a good catch, given the "don't take any unnecessary risks" speech. Five years would have been long enough for Jason's tenure as Robin to transpire. And expire.

Taichi

Well...there was a lot of Kevin Michael Richardson going around in this episode. lol Atleast that's what it felt like to my ears,

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Wow what an episode, I'll give a run-down of what I think about the new stuff, I'm 50-50 on the big time-gap:

So he is in a relationship with Miss Martian and clearly Superboy and Wolf don't like him for this. But what could have ruined their relationship? I'm gonna go with Superboy doing something reckless or I could think too far ahead and say that something similar to the Red Arrow thing happened where Superboy got kidnapped by the Light and replaced him with Match. They did say at the end of last season that he would be used for something else but that would be too similar to Red Arrow.Onto Lagoon Boy though, he acts too much like Kid Flash that it is sad to watch. Him randomly shouting 'Neptune's Beard!' reminds me of Wally too much.Nice relationship with Blue Beetle but again, this character is no Kid Flash and I'd prefer to see Miss Martian with Superboy again.

Looking at the cover art with Aqualad, and thinking about the comics, I think he has turned rogue and gone to work with his father, Black Manta. Dick stepping in as overall leader of the three squads is pretty cool, but I expected some sort of nod or reference towards Aqualad, Oh well, we'll be seeing Kaldur soon enough. And Artemis and Kid Flash? Also gone with no explanation. They could have followed Zatanna and Rocket and joined the League, but again some sort of reference would have been nice. Still they should be appearing later on in the season. But Red Arrow, since the climax of the last season ended with him, I expected to find out what happened with him. Listening to his last dialogue, I suspect that he is traveling the world in search of the real Roy Harper. But since the real one is under the possession of the Light and Ra's said he has an idea for him, we should be seeing him soon or at least have some references of him. Since Dick became Nightwing, it is possible that either the clone or the real one became Arsenal like his comic counterpart in their absence.

Overall I liked the first episode of the new season, but there are so many questions that are unanswered and should be cropping up in later episodes. I'm struggling to find out what the plot is for this season, whether it circulates over what Adam Strange found or whether the Light will make a return. Looking forward to next week's episode but then again, I might just try to watch the future episodes in Portuguese again :D

BCVM22

Is YJ in the same continuity as Red Hood?

Not officially, no. None of any of the recent DCU animated productions share continuity. The two aren't strictly incompatible, though.

Looking at the cover art with Aqualad, and thinking about the comics, I think he has turned rogue and gone to work with his father, Black Manta.

I'm curious as to why "the comics" make you think this, given that this exact version of Aqualad doesn't exist in the comics.

Regardless, this Aqualad "going rogue" would fly completely in the face of the entire theme of the first season, that being that you are not your parents or your genes, you are your own person.

I know some people think it's fun to speculate, but is it at all possible that there's just a touch of overreaction taking place based on very little material?

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I'm curious as to why "the comics" make you think this, given that this exact version of Aqualad doesn't exist in the comics.

Regardless, this Aqualad "going rogue" would fly completely in the face of the entire theme of the first season, that being that you are not your parents or your genes, you are your own person.

I know some people think it's fun to speculate, but is it at all possible that there's just a touch of overreaction taking place based on very little material?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqualad_(Jackson_Hyde)

Ok, I was wrong about him being the son of Black Manta, but his criminal parentage is still there. The costume and the way in this series that he is the son of a henchman called Calvin Durham who worked for Black Manta just screams to me that he will return as an enemy. Also just watched the episode again and think I can account for the missing members of the team:

-At the end of the episode when the League and Young Justice come to see Tim Lagoon and Beetle, The Flash is standing in the background with Batman and Aquaman. The way he stands and considering this is a five year gap and he has done it in the comics, I think Kid Flash may be standing in as Flash for Barry for some reason. Could make sense since Dick did change his hero name.
-Artemis could have become Tigress and gotten together with Icicle Jr. It's a big change but there were plenty of big changes in this episode so I can see Artemis also becoming a villain and changing her name.
-Since Green Arrow and Black Canary were present at the end of the episode, I'm going to assume that Red Arrow had gone to travel on his own in search of Speedy. What happened I have no idea.

Things I can see happening in this season:
-Ra's al Ghul bringing Jason Todd back to life and him becoming the Red Hood
-Match trying to infiltrate the Young Justice team and several fights between him and Superboy
-Superboy and Wonder Girl together, while Miss Martian stays with Lagoon Boy. Then Superboy and Miss Martian start missing each other
-Love triangle between Nightwing Batgirl and Zatanna
-The whole 16 hours thing being revealed to have been an attack on an alien planet by the big six. Then this would spark war and the Light would have been supplying them with the necessary things to win the war.

Just general ideas I had, nothing serious.

EDIT:
http://www.youngjusticelegacy.com/

"One will rise"=Kid Flash becoming Flash
"One will fall"=Aqualad becoming a bad guy
"One will die"=Artemis is dead?

I think I might sign in to this website as it looks pretty interesting... Sounds like confirmation for the three original missing members...Poor Artemis :(

Last edited:

terminoob

The Underdog
I really hope the "16 hours" plot gets a good explanation. It's been five years; they seriously didn't work out that out? Superman and Martian Manhunter are from space, and Hal and John travel intergalactically regularly; not to mention their base is in space. I can get not knowing the exact place they spent that time (planet or galaxy or such), but not knowing they were in space? Aside from that, the premiere was great and the new team was as good as I hoped they'd be.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Everything will probably be explained in future episodes. I'm going to chuckle if Artemis and Wally were just away on a mission or something and are in the next episode as if nothing happened but for some reason I don't think that's the case. I did miss them yesterday though. Did anyone else get that Men in Black vibe when the alien was exposed in the human disguise? I was half expecting some agents to sweep in and erase Batgirl and Wondergirl's memories of the event XD

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Everything will probably be explained in future episodes. I'm going to chuckle if Artemis and Wally were just away on a mission or something and are in the next episode as if nothing happened but for some reason I don't think that's the case. I did miss them yesterday though. Did anyone else get that Men in Black vibe when the alien was exposed in the human disguise? I was half expecting some agents to sweep in and erase Batgirl and Wondergirl's memories of the event XD

Looking at my last post and the 'Young Justice Legacy' website, I think it is safe to assume that Kid Flash has become the newest Flash and Artemis is dead. I don't really understand why those aliens were chosen for the invasion, I was so pumped for it to be revealed that Darkseid would be the invader of Earth and the six heroes stole a motherbox from him for the Light. After seeing the first episode, I don't really like Wonder Girl at all nor do I like Lagoon Boy or this version of Beast Boy, but Batgirl is alright. Definetly think that KF is now Flash, Aqualad is a badguy and Artemis is dead. I think the Young Justice Legacy website will bridge the two seasons together and reveal what happened to the light and the original young justice team before season 2.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well....

Weisman pulled a very dangerous move with this time skip. It didn't look it was necessary... at all. It seems like he tried to use the mystery of the missing 16 hours to keep the viewers around even with all those changes. I'd say it's a risky strategy as people can get upset with a sudden cast change (even if Conner, Megan and sort of Dick are still around), lack of further exploration of the other characters AND they may not like the new cast.

And honestly, seeing the episode it felt he just did so he could introduce Tim Drake, turn Dick into Nightwing and get rid of the other members. The reasons why he didn't start with Tim from the get-go (since the first season stabilished the super heroes have been active for 10 years) and find a way to have Bart instead of Wally so he wouldn't need time skips for the second season is beyond me.

Also, for a time, I have been getting this vibe and I think this episode served for confirming it: Weisman has to be a fan of Geoff Johns' Teen Titans. I mean, most of the time he's using characters and ideas introduced in that writer's run. Miss Martian, Superboy's tactile telekinesis not being mentioned (he confirmed it didn't exist in this universe, but GJ just mentioned once in the beggining of his run so he could evolve SB's powers to be like Superman's) and he getting Clark's other powers AND his origin being related to Luthor, Blue Beetle (he wasn't the one who introduced him but it happened in the volume he started)....

I'm also a bit pissed at seeing Aqualad isn't around anymore. Didn't really feel Lagoon Boy, but at least, it's better than not having someone from the Aquaman's family around. The others, I don't really mind. Artemis' story felt pretty much done to me, while Wally was just ok and I didn't "connect" with him.

The thing I really don't like is having Beast Boy around. I respect a lot people who likes him, but I'm not a big fan. To me, he's not much needed here. I mean, he was already explored a lot in the Teen Titans show, so I feel like he's taking the spot of another character. Have Dick around is one thing as he's the original Robin and in the real world he's sort of the reason why DC has a teen group duo being the first super hero sidekick ever and all.

Anyway, overall, I'd say I like this team a lot better than the one we got in the first season. Sure, there isn't Aqualad and Beast Boy is here, but I'd say the line-up seems to be a lot more interesting than the first one.

And seeing Wonder Girl around AND being awesome makes up for any downside to me.

Random thoughts:

- Blue Beetle's voice is... awful. Here's hoping it gets better;

- WONDER GIRL!;

- No more Conner and Megan. Gee, I do hope that doesn't mean Cassie is going to be a slave of Superboy's character development;

- Zattana in the league. About time things be in the right place;

- TIM DRAKE! Things just keep getting better;

- I'm kind of like seeing Mal Duncan acting as some sort of "Oracle" for the Team;

- So... Lagoon Boy can turn into some sort of Hulk-like thing;

- Wow, Tim's awesome in this show. I'd say he's performing better than Dick;

- Hey, look, it's Captain Marvel. I'm assuming he's already 14 years old now. Now, if Weisman just brings Captain Marvel Jr. along....

My money is on them making her the new Huntress.

Funny, I was thinking about that yesterday as well.

I think it is safe to assume that Kid Flash has become the newest Flash

I have my doubts. Warner/DC is trying so hard to promote Barry Allen as "The" Flash and get into that "transmidia" thing by having all the appearences of the characters in other medias to match in some form, I think it's likely that either: a) there are now two Flashes or b) Wally got a new secret identity or c) He is retired.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Well....

I have my doubts. Warner/DC is trying so hard to promote Barry Allen as "The" Flash and get into that "transmidia" thing by having all the appearences of the characters in other medias to match in some form, I think it's likely that either: a) there are now two Flashes or b) Wally got a new secret identity or c) He is retired.

You have a point there, what with Warner Bros. trying to release a Flash film in 2014, they will be trying to promote the character. Then again for Young Justice, there may be two Flashes or there will be a future story concerning the two flashes.

And to those who are asking questions about the big five year gap-
1. The questions on the missing three and Red Arrow should be explained in later episodes
2. The Young Justice Legacy Game will probably bridge the two seasons together and give reasons as to why the events happened did, and what else happened. The slogan about the 'One will rise, One will fall and One will die' thing gives me confidence that we should answer some questions in that game at least.