• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Young Justice to Air on CN in 2010-2011

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
young20justice20cartoon.jpg

Young Justice: In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice—Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.
Lovely that Greg is back in action with another hero toon. So far with him alone on board it makes me excited
Source: http://www.toonzone.net/news/articl...-cartoon-network-2010-upfront-updated-1145-am
And yeah that is a black Aqualad.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Wow, this might actually be pretty good. The people working on this are quite reputable at doing a good job, so I look forward to this.

Granted, being Canadian, I'll have to wait until about 2011... somepoint. I'll just wait until TeleToon starts advertising for it.

C_L

Silver Fusion

Hyper Coordinator
I heard about this earlier today and it sounds like it has a lot of potential.
I hope that the Robin of this team is Timothy Drake, rather than Richard* Grayson since Grayson was in Teen Titans.
I'd also like to see the characters without their masks or costumes, like how we saw Peter Parker in Spectacular Spider-Man. It always bothered me in Teen Titans that the characters all roamed about the tower in costume, or went out to lunch in costume.
I'd also like to see a good supporting cast, maybe in some episodes we could meet up with Supergirl, the Spoiler or Batgirl?
However one thing worries me, having a main cast of six characters, some of them are going to be pushed off to the side. I have a feeling that Robin, Superboy and Kid Flash are going to take the lead with the others just filling space in the background. They might be able to make it work, maybe having episodes devoted to one character and having the rest of the team support them. Rotating the lead character so everybody gets their fair share of the limelight.

* Edit: The forum filtered the name that the comics gave him.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This looks amazing. I can see one character that I'm happy about; Robin. So glad to see him in a new show though I have my doubts about how those other characters will be portrayed in this series. I do think he looks a bit like his Teen Titan counterpart, but I don't think it has anything to do with that other series (even though both are produced by the same guy), purely coincidental I hope.

Last edited:

Silver Fusion

Hyper Coordinator
Well, the fact that we have Superboy in this team means that it will almost certainly be unrelated to Teen Titans.
Like I mentioned above, this looks like Timothy Drake, the third Robin. This would make him a separate character to the Teen Titans one. It's nice to see Tim in a new series after The New Batman Adventures.
Thinking about it earlier, is anybody else worried that Kid Flash will be portrayed like Beast Boy was? Comic relief. I've got no problem with him being funny, but I don't want that to make up his characterisation.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I'm hoping this kid flash is bart allen. I really like him as a character and he never really got a chance to shine in any cartoon from what I remember.

Silver Fusion

Hyper Coordinator
Well, if we have Conner Kent and Timothy Drake, odds are that Kid Flash will be Bart Allen. The Red Robin comic recently made a big deal out of how the deaths of Conner and Bart affected Tim.
Now, how about we see Wonder Girl and Kid Devil turn up in this show? There are so many good characters that could be used in this show.

BCVM22

Current Teen Titans roster with a Young Justice-colored coat of paint? Sweet. I'm down.

It can't be a coincidence that Robin and Flash look like their teen titan counterparts.

Pretty sure it is. Robin's wearing a more recent version of that costume (all red and black, no green) and Kid Flash's costume is iconic enough that it's going to look familiar regardless, despite the fact that this version appears to have goggles of some sort (just like Bart's Impulse costume) and a few other minor elements that the animated Teen Titans version didn't.

In short, I wouldn't expect this to tie into any previous DC animation productions.

Personally, I'm curious to see what route they go with this Artemis character. Is she intended to be a reversioned Arrowette or a combination of Wonder Girl and the Amazon Artemis?

Last edited:

SmartD

Looks interesting. Robin and Speedy look like their counterparts from Teen Titans. I might watch this sometime.

BCVM22

Actually you're wrong. Robin's costume has elements of green in it. http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/04/young_justice_poster.jpg The trousers and sleeves are quite a dark green, but green nonetheless.

And so it does. Mighty, mighty dark green. Costume's still different, though: compare the above to Teen Titans Robin.

Also, could it be possible for Artemis to have elements of Speedy to her character?

That's what I'm curious about. She's an archer, obviously, but given that the Amazon character Artemis (the two aren't one and the same, clearly) is one of Wonder Woman's supporting cast and Wonder Girl is absent from the roster, is she intended to be Green Arrow's link to the team or Wonder Woman's?

Silver Fusion

Hyper Coordinator
Oh yeah, the costume is without a doubt different to (and in my opinion: much better than) the Teen Titans design. This Robin has an older, cooler vibe to him.

I'm tempted to suggest that she'll be filling in for Wonder Girl based on her design alone, her skin tone is slightly darker than Robin's and Superboy's, and her eyes look a bit more angled than Miss Martian's. She has a more exotic feel in her design.

I do wish that we saw Wonder Girl though, hopefully she'll turn up later as a supporting character with some other characters later.
Kinda like how Teen Titans introduced Aqualad, Speedy and a bunch of others in later seasons.

luckyumbreon

DragonExtraordinaire
i don't think that wonder girl will show up in any aspect. why would they use artemis, another amazonian and considered like a c class wonder woman, and have wonder girl show up later. they can't use her anyway because of all the liscensing issues with the wonder family. if anyone deserves to be in the show it is secret, empress, and lobo. the three of them would add a really good element to the show, just like they did in the comic books.

luckyumbreon

DragonExtraordinaire
i don't think that wonder girl will show up in any aspect. why would they use artemis, another amazonian and considered like a c class wonder woman, and have wonder girl show up later. they can't use her anyway because of all the liscensing issues with the wonder family. if anyone deserves to be in the show it is secret, empress, and lobo[/SIZE]. the three of them would add a really good element to the show, just like they did in the comic books.

BCVM22

why would they use artemis, another amazonian and considered like a c class wonder woman

Given that this Artemis is wearing a costume the Amazon of the same name has never worn and appears to be solely an archer, something the aformentioned Amazon of the same name is not solely, I think we can conclude that this isn't the Artemis that has played a supporting role to Wonder Woman for so many years, hnm?

if anyone deserves to be in the show it is secret, empress, and lobo

I don't strictly disagree with you (except for the Lobo part; yes, I know they de-aged him and stuck him with Young Justice for a while, not everything needs to carry over to adaptations, son) but given Superboy's shirt-and-jeans costume, [who I assume is] Bart as Kid Flash and Miss Martian's presence on the team, it's pretty clear that they want this to mirror the current Teen Titans team and paradigms to at least some extent, rather than drawing only from Peter David's run on Young Justice.

the three of them would add a really good element to the show, just like they did in the comic books.

See above. This is clearly intended to be a fusing of Young Justice and the current Teen Titans, ergo not everything from both sets of elements is going to make the initial cut.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Teen Titans with a new paint job? I'm digging it

Sort of like the anime look they use. At first I was expecting a Comic-esque look. But I guess they can't pass up the chance to use that style

Looks like Cartoon Network is on the path to building itself back up.

luckyumbreon

DragonExtraordinaire
Preview Reveals the Team

I just finished watching the sneak peak for the series. It is revealed that two other heroes will be joining the team including Zatara and Speedy/Red Arrow. The shots were awesome. It showed the heroes going at it against villains. Also a huge Justice League of 16 members will be featured with all of the originals. There is a lot to look forward to this fall from this show. It looks spectacular.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I saw the preview and it looks like the first episode hints at them finding Secret. Aqualad is said to be the leader this time. We're promised more characters like Wonder Girl will show up later. I also like how fluid the animation looks.

Silver Fusion

Hyper Coordinator
I made a new thread thinking that this one was dead.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=458934

But I'll copy my post into this one.

This year at Comic-Con new details for the Young Justice TV Series were revealed.
The main cast was revealed to be:
Robin/ Richard Grayson - Jesse McCartney
Kid Flash/ Wally West - Jason Spizak
Aqualad - Kari Peyton
Superboy/ Conner Kent - Nolan North
Miss Martian - Danica McKellar
Artemis - Stephani Lemelin

Batman - Bruce Greenwood
Aquaman - Phil LaMarr
Green Arrow - Alan Tudyk
Captain Marvel - Rob Lowe

You can see some footage of the show here: http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...young-justice/

And read a bit more here: http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010-young-justice

Yesterday at the DC Nation Panel this was asked:
Why no Wonder Girl in the Young Justice cartoon?
(Geoff) Johns: "Because of the story they want to tell with Artemis. We do have plans for Arrowette and Wonder Girl in the future."

---
So, my take on what's been revealed.
The cast looks pretty solid with the exception of Bruce Greenwood. Maybe I'm just sour because I'm a huge fan of Kevin Conroy's Batman and when you have somebody who created the most iconic Batman voice available, you have no excuse not to hire him.

I'm not a big fan of the characters either, Richard Grayson and Wally West. Seriously? No love for Tim Drake or Bart Allen, two of the three founding members of Young Justice, Superboy being the third.
I was born when Tim Drake was Robin, so he's been the Robin I grew up with and I find him easier to relate to than Richard Grayson, truth being told, I really don't like Richard Grayson until he becomes Nightwing.
Barry Allen has always been the Flash I knew too, with Bart being Impulse/ Kid Flash.

Since we've been told that not everybody will survive, should we be worried about the characters who weren't given civilian names? Like Miss Martian, fans currently think that she'll be the first casualty, her or Aqualad.

That being said, I am looking forward to this show but my enthusiasm for it has been slowed a bit, sort of like Bart Allen after he was shot in the knee, but he kept going and so shall I.

Now where did you see this preview that hints at them finding Secret? And Aqualad being the leader? Wow, so we have Richard Grayson and Wally West in Young Justice. And Robin, who's been fighting crime the longest isn't even the leader. Wow.