• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Young Talents

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
A lot of us, as I'm sure, have been writers for quite a long time. If you're inherently a writer, you must have felt the urge to write since your early days, long before your teperament matched your skill. As a result, due to some or the other reason, many writers here probably have a few works from a very young age, most likely unremarkable, but amusing nevertheless. This is the thread to relate your stabs at prose or verse from early childhood, just for some fun.

Personally, I recently dug up a small piece of poetry from when I was around eight. Marvel at the literary 00berness:

My eight-year-old-self said:
The Pet I Want
by
(My Name)

All I want in the world is a pet.
A pet is the best thing you can get.
It might have flobby ears.
It might live for many years.
It might be a kitten.
You might not get bitten.
It might communicate your fate,
About your riches small and great.
But wait a minute!
A pet could be costly.
It will poop and pee,
And do everything yucky.
It will run in the road.
It willl not take a bath.
I'll not buy a pet if I am lucky.​

This was a response to my GT teacher's suggestion of turning the point of the poem around midway through it, for some added satirical value. As you can see, I pulled it off magnificently.

Let the ingenuity commence!

Dragonfree

Just me
Well, for obvious reasons, all my early works were in Icelandic, but for the heck of it, I'll translate one of them. It won't have the same feel as the original, but hey, I'll try as far as I can. It is from when I was around eight too, and it is a story about a horse named Faxi (Generic Horse Name #1 in Icelandic) who was the main character in most of my early stories because I was obsessed with horses. It's hilariously bad. Necessary comments in [].

Ahem:

Eight-year-old Dragonfree said:
Out to Nowhere [that was hand-written on top of a printed page, by the way]

1.Once upon a time there was a horse. His name was Faxi. He lived in a beautiful clearing.100 horses lived there and he was the leader of them all, and he lived a good life in great luxury until he was bored of life:"this is no fun"said Faxi "I'm going to leave." And he left like he had said. The next morning Faxi heard horrible roars. It was a thunderstorm! Faxi neighed and jumped away.
Soon the bad weather was over. Then Faxi came out of his hiding place. Then he saw a meadow. A really big beautiful meadow.
He ran over there and immediately started to graze. He saw a squirrel in a tree. Faxi asked: "What is your name?"
"My name is Korni [just to give you an idea of the originality of THIS name, it's about the equivalent of calling a squirrel "Squirry" or something like that]" answered the squirrel "how about you?" "My name is Faxi,nice to meet you!" Faxi and Korni
became good friends. They did everything together. After a short walk some men approached them. One of them put a bridle on Faxi and the other took Korni. Then they walked on. They separated at crossroads. First Faxi was taken to a horse market. Then Korni was taken to a zoo. The next day a man bought Faxi. With him he had a good home,but he always missed Korni a lot,but soon something strange happened. Korni was put in a pet shop. The man bought Korni and they could play together all day. The man's name was Karl [yes, this is the equivalent of "Carl", but it means literally just "man"], he was called Kalli (but usually he was called by his own name). With him it was usually quiet,few people visited and nobody lived there except him,Faxi,Korni & Snati [Generic Dog Name #1],his dog. Every day Karl went to work,even in the weekends. Then all the animals played together and there was a lot of fun going on. There was a lot to do for Karl so usually the animals were alone at home.But one beautiful Sunday Karl got the day off! Finally! Finally he got a day off. For many months the animals had been alone,but now Karl was with them all day. One day the animals got to go out. This was their chance! Now all the animals ran off without Karl seeing,and they met a lion,a tiger,a leopard,a cheetah & a cat(wild cat). They walked on and met more and more animals,so in the end they had a whole army. All the animals went on and finally came to the headquarters of the Star Gang [something weird I made up when I was little that's not relevant enough to explain]. There they got some reinforcements and then they went off.

2.The next day the weather was great. The sun shone and the birds sang. Then they saw the Lighting Gang [something I also made up when I was little, composed of "The Lightning Horse" and his sisters "Thunder" and "Lighting"]. They saw the Lightning Horse was deep in thought. They attacked the others but left the Lightning Horse alone because they knew he would just send a lightning at them(because the Lighting Horse controls the weather). They continued their walk. When evening started to fall on this Saturday they all went to sleep.

3.Faxi woke up early the next morning. Everybody else was still fast asleep. Next Korni woke up. Then Snati woke up and then all the other animals woke up. It wasn't even noon when all the animals were unbelievably tired. At 12 o'clock they had thankfully found a clearing where they could lie down and sleep. The animals slept all night but they all woke up at 7 o'clock. Then they continued their walk. Finally they came to their destination,into Bird Forest [I think I made that up for this story].

4. The animals received a warm welcome from the Go [translated name for later relevance] who pointed them to the kind of the birds,the eagle, and the animals asked him for a week's stay. "Why would I deny that?"Asked the eagle "of course you get a week's stay." And they got a week's stay like the eagle said. When the week was over a few birds, including the eagle joined the group. Now they made an alliance against the Lightning Gang.

5.The next day the animals saw the Lightning Gang. Then there was a great battle of life and death. Finally Faxi managed to capture the Lightning Horse. The animals now had a great party,to honor Faxi and the front page of the animal-newspaper said: A PARTY TO HONOR THE HORSE FAXI WHO CAPTURED THE LIGHTNING HORSE. Faxi was happy with the compliments in the animal-newspaper but when all the animals had read the paper every single one of them went out to nowhere. THE END

INFORMATION: The story is a direct sequel to the classic tale of Faxi [an earlier story I had written and was clearly aware would be considered a classic before this would ever be published].
Korni is a hero in the story "Squirrel Dance." [I never actually wrote that one, but intended to.]
Snati is a Dalmatian.
The Go is NOT a flamingo.
The Lighting Horse is the leader of the Lightning Gang.

Then I drew a comic on the back of the sheet of paper, intended so that when I was reading it to my parents, they could see the comic as an illustration while I was reading the story. You won't believe how much I laughed when I found that thing again as I was cleaning up the drawers of my writing desk.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Alright, I'll play this game. Keep in mind that in 11 years my characters changed. Powers, personalities and such things changed. I was 16 years old writing this yarn on the back deck of family's boat. The notebook in which I had the story in is still around. Course it's rust-buckety.

When I was younger, I wrote a Spider-Man story for creative writing in like junior high. I know for a fact that is not in this house. It was handed in and I got an A on it. Yep. Good ol' Spidey faced some baddies and smooched MJ in the end. Anyway, here's an excerpt from the first Starbolts adventure dated 1996. When the book was just called Manta.

Really old story written by 16 yr old Ledian transcribing first few paragraphs said:
Many people once believed that there was no life in the universe other than our own. But, the people of Earth would later find that they were very wrong. On a planet some thirty light years from Earth, life flourished in the turquiouse sea and sole continent on the world called Aquarius. The race was amphibious, living in and out of water and was ruled by a fair and just monarchy.

The peoplle live in cities in and out of water and in one such city near a vast jungle, the royal family had a spectactular white, marble palace. However, there was a giant fence surrounding the jungle that had to keep the dreaded Harrol-Kala, giant vampire bat like creatures away from the population.

The planet's leaders had a closely knit family with two twin sons named M'anta and Shrall. They also had a daughter named Aquita, who was named after the Aquan goddess of the ocean. Like all Aquans, they were light blue skinned, had webbed hands and gills as well as lungs.

One night, many years ago there was a disturbance in the grand palace that alerted the older sister of the twins. Princess Aquita was a young girl about ten and had vibrant emerald hair. She overheard a pair of criminals sneaking into the palace and threatening her brothers' lives.

"Where are the misbegotten twins?" one man rasped.

"What do you think your doing?" Aquita snarled.

"Ensuing that there'll be no heirs to the throne, tadling!" The man brandished a long knife and Aquita stepped back in horror.

"Oh no you DON"t!" Aquita yelled.

However, this was no ordinary yell. This yell that Aquita produced was that of a sonic scream. The very first one she ever did and as a result, the assialnts quickly covered their ears, writhing in pain until thee royal guard appeared.

That's enough for now. I write much better now and well...that just doesn't seem like stuff I'sd write any more. My writing style changed. In fact, this was done way before the rewrite of 2000. No Harool Kala. No starting with flashback. Just straight to the action.

LX

Pink Parka Girl

I wish I could change my username
My writing portfolio is back at my house packed away deep in the depths of a box, so I can't share anything really, really old. :( It's too bad too, since I had stories like "The Death of Mr. Cigarette," "Weed-B-Gon," and a story about a murderous AT&T worker who poisoned a little boy's Coke I wrote in 5th grade. What the hell was I on? ^^' But I do have this - part of my very first Pokemon fanfic. I have about 60 handwritten pages of it, but only typed up a tiny bit of it. I was 14 and in 8th grade when I wrote it. *blush*

I got up and scanned the open area of the field. I could see a little Vulpix bounding about, a Meowth at her side. A Caterpie crawled about near them. I watched them for a little bit, wanting to join in, but being slightly nervous about the whole affair. Finally, I got up off and approached them.

I stood there like a moron for about a minute, while the three just stared at me being all tongue-tied, not knowing what to say. Finally, the Caterpie spoke up, relieving me of the duty of speaking first.

“Hey there,” she said. “I’m Cathea, and these are my pals Porro the Meowth and Trixena the Vulpix. We were just playing chase, really, and we really won’t mind if you would join in also.”

She, obviously, was not speechless. I stood there for a minute, and then bopped Trixena on the head with a paw. “Bet you can’t catch me!” I hollered. Trixena leapt up, snarling, and gave chase. Bits of timothy grass flew up everywhere, accompanied by clods of dirt kicked up by our paws. We were all in the midst of a particularly heated chase when suddenly we all heard a squeal of a pain and a “Pika! Pika!” I recognized it immediately as Kurru. My face went ashen under my fur and Cathea asked me what was the matter.

“That’s my brother in trouble!” I exclaimed. Yes, even though my brother was a pain, I just couldn’t leave him to whatever trouble he had gotten himself into. I had to save him, somehow.

“But what am I going to do?” I asked. Trixena cocked her head quizzically to the side.

“I dunno…should we wait till we heard the sound again?” The more sagacious Cathea tackled her obside the head. “No, you moron. We should wait until we hear the sound again, and then FOLLOW IT!” I found myself really admiring her, she was very clever for a bug!

Orange_Flaaffy

Jello Pokéballs
My very first fanfic was a Land Before Time one I wrote in 3rd grade for a school writing book :). It was two pages long, the longest I had ever written up to that point, and basicly just a retelling of the movies plot:p.

I've never typed it out and I don't have it anymore...

I just have to add my two cents and say that not everyone who likes to write is inherently a writer ;).

I've always had the mindset of a storyteller I think but it took me many years to get enough skill with my disablity to actually write well (aka, something someone could actually read becuase of my spelling)

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
I actually have a lot of elaborate works from the good old days, but, from lack of organisation and value, the majority of them are all lost, to the point that I can't recall even their existance. However, I do remember some masterpiece about a dinosaur colony in danger of a T-rex invasion or something. The main character was around 12 years of age, and was apparently the 'chosen one' who would thwart the attack by defeating the leader of the Tyrannosaurus rex. Indeed, I was quite proud of it back then, and some remnants of it still remain, heavily edited and jumbled, in the first parts of the Upholder of Duty.

I just have to add my two cents and say that not everyone who likes to write is inherently a writer .

I've always had the mindset of a storyteller I think but it took me many years to get enough skill with my disablity to actually write well (aka, something someone could actually read becuase of my spelling)

What I meant to say, and what I believe, is that the desire to write is usually rooted in a natural literary inclination, and is independant of writing skill. This is usually the main cause of the early embarrassments that this thread relates, when the nature of a writer is inherently prevalent, moreso than the actual skill at producing good fiction and putting it down on paper. So, yeah, I do mainly agree with you; my point just wasn't communicated correctly.

Proken Serafoculus

Okay, my writing style has improved commendably this year.

Well, if you must insist....

8-Year old MistyLover

Once upon a time, there were one boy and one girl, they were both friends. They went into the supermarket because they didnt have enough food. A robber came and tried to take their food. They called the police and he was sent to jail for 19 years. They lived happily ever after.

Wasn't I just absolutely talented?

:p Since I wrote Memory Lake, I improve with every chapter. Look at Chapter 3 and Chapters 8-17, the difference is astonishing.

Knightblazer

Memories in the Rain
Well, mircalously, I have this book thing I was writing when I was young. Made with scotch tape, stickers and cut-out drawing block. Typed as it was orginally written.

The Adventure of Bunhorn: Part I : The Beginning
Chapter 8: Operation 'Free Unister'

The next morning, we gathered. "Okay, so where is Unister?" I asked. "In Arathas' castle" replied Cat-Flyer.

"In Arathas castle, huh, like, in another dimension?" asked Rabkey. "Okay, so Arathas castle is in another dimension." I said. "Yep" said Cat-Flyer. "And the only way we can get there is through a portal warp," added Fox-claw. "Portal warp?" I asked, "What's that?"

"A portal warp is a portal that warps us between dimensions." explained Cat-Flyer. "So, we have to find the correct portal warp within Ceranus that can bring us to Arthas' dimension, rescue and free Unister, and then head back here." I said. "Yep" said Rabkey. "But, we do need to get ready, do we?" I asked.

"Nope," said Cat-Flyer.

"Nah," said Fox-Claw.

"Defientely not," said Rabkey.

"No way are we needing preparation!" exclaimed Farie Pikachu.

"So... let's go!" I said.

"Follow me," said Cat-Flyer. "I know one of the portal warps to Arathas dimension." So, we followed Cat-Flyer until we reached a Tea-Bush and Cat-Flyer looked at teh sun. He also seemed to be muttering something. Suddenly... "Whoa!" We all gave a shock of surprise as a portal warp, just like the one I saw a few days ago where Arathas had rode opened. "Okay, hurry and jump in!" shouted Cat-Flyer. I jumped in and........ whoosh, I saw myself in a green swirly place, spinning around and...

"Thump" I landed onto the ground. I stood up and saw a totally different place. The sky was dark and not a trac of sunlight at all. No greenery was seen at all. All I saw with my eyes were skeletons walking. Seconds later, the rest of them appeared with a "thump".

"Okay... we've reached Arathas' dimension......... so, WHERE is Unister?" I asked. "If my guess is correctm he should be either at the dark clans stable or with Arathas." Replied Cat-Flyer. "Let's check out the dark class stables first," said Fareie Pikachu. "Ok." replied everyone. "I think its best if we split up," said Rabkey.

"Okay, so I go alone, Rabkey and Fareie Pikachu check out the left side of the stable and Cat-Flyer and Fox-Claw check the right side." I said. "Ok, so... let's go!" exclaimed everyone.

Minutes Later...

"We can't find Unister, only dark stallions" said Cat-Flyer. "We can't find him either, only dark skeletal horses" said Faerie Pikachu. All of us could not find Unister. Which only meant... he was with Arathas. "We have no choice but to raid the castle!" I exclaimed. "Yes, we must," said Cat-Flyer. "But we must have a surprise attack," said Rabkey. "Its no use, they never sleep, they are undead, remember?" said Faerie Pikachu. "Yeah..." muttered Rabkey.

"So... we must attack them tomorrow," I said. "And, we must rest ourselves as well, we are not undead," I added.

Its just the one third of the chapter, but you can see how er... brillant I was? xD *ish shot* Okay, so I was nine or ten, played Warcraft III for hours on end, and had too many stickers to spare. *scurries*

And if this applies, I do not own Warcraft III and its related characters. ><;

Knightblazer ;262;

My earliest writing is sadly on an old computer that was given away to the DI. (Desert Indistures) :( It was a Land Before Time fic that was only 7, rather short, chapters long. At the time, I was greatly hooked on Power Rangers. As such, it was no surprise for me to put Power Ranger like elements into a LBT story.

It also had several problems. First off, it was tightly packed, so it was unreadable. Secondly, it had no description whatsoever. None of the places were described. None of the charcters were described. Not even the zords were described. Finally, it wasn't told very well. It just got through it all a bit too quickly. I am quite disgusted by my old "talents".

I had even made 3 Super Smash Bros. script fics for another forum. However, the main problem was that they were so badly done, they were not acceptable for a place like this. I plan to bring them back one day from the depths of my memory in glorious well writen standard format. (The original format is sadly gone forever. The original thread was deleted long ago. :() So keep an eye out. You'll see them return one day. :)

Well, that's all I pretty much had back then. Still remembering them from the past, I must say that I have greatly improved since then. ^_^

Charmander_From_Hoenn

Cuddle and get pwn3d
I can't dare to reproduce some detective story I wrote with eight, because it is gone: The computer where it was is gone. But hey, I do remember that I have spent 'round 2-3 years wrting three seasons of the Fysh Comics, that I also changed into (poor) text and posted at a site...I still visit it, but not as often as in this "era".

My ten-years old self said:
This is how the first season started:
There was once a scientist named Kyle, and his dog Kye. Kyle was a daring person, always attepting to turn science fiction into reality. One day, though, a teleporter experiment went wrong with Kye near. The result was that, suddenly, Kyle and Kye switched bodies. But by keeping the previous personality, Kye became an evil and powerlusty (Does this word exist?) dog that wear glasses. Onde day, he went alone on a space trip with a rocket and created an island where he would "plant" a whole army of monsters to conquer the world. He would use an special machine to do it. His first line of monsters was composed by four beasts: Fysh, a hybrid of duck and fish with a spike-like eye in the top instead of an eye in the body. He also had arms and legs. Next was Shoter, that bears a resemplance to Koopa Troopas, yet has an alive shell with a streak of spikes in its half. His neck have a shooter from where he can free Timmy, the human cannonball. After this, the next beast was Baleetor, a yellow-and-black striped whale with an eye like Fysh's. The last one was Sworth, that resembled a sword with legs. Its blade is his eye, but it's resistant enough to act as a steel blade. His mouth is located in the end of the grip.
But Fysh didn't like the idea of being enslaved by some powerlusty idiot. He planned a rebel strike. Baleetor and Shoter joined him, while Sworth stroke Shoter hard for touching his fortress. But it was enough. Baleetor couldn't leave the lake, so she could only help at building a ship.
Meanwhile, Kye, that was watching all, got angry and quickly designed a next line of villains, that he would place at strategical positions to destroy the former villains. Spyke, Sohg and loads of Chinabots were at position.

My ten-or-eleven-years old self said:
This is how the first season ends and the second starts.
Having destroyed completely Spyke, Dohg, Baleetor II, Galla Balla and Baloowy, while also being able to brainwash Sworth, Fysh and Shoter broke into the fortress and entered Kye's room, only to find him...Riding a giant robot. With the flame of his beloved burning within, Fysh would not hesitate in striking the robot non-stop.
But, as an emergency source, he used two beams he can only use once: The paralysis ray and the death beam. The first was to paralyse Fysh, and then aim to toss the second. But it was rather slow. Sworth sacrificed, jumping in front of Fysh. Now he was fiercer than never, having lost a good friend and attempting to save his beloved. Beating the huge Kyebot was no challenge.
But then, someone pulled Fysha's cell up above the stairs...It was the last of Kye's minions, Bang! After a fierce battle, Bang throws Fysh away, but he manages to climb back. Angered, Bang throws up a deadly bomb that would fall into the fortress and kill everyone that was there. But, attempting to avoid Fysh's death, Shoter jumped into the bomb, that exploded at him. Fysh took Bang's distraction to hurl him away from the fortress, and he helplessly went to a deadly fall.
Many years after, a spawn found Kye's corpse. This spawn decided that this was what his boss needed. His boss, then, mumified Kye and brung him back to life. Toghteher, they managed to build a whole army of monsters.
Somehow aware of it, Fysh and Baleetor built an airship to look for this place. Fyty, his son, managed to enter the airship as well. But they were shot down by unknown ranks of the alliance.
The ship fell near the house of Torman, a tornado-man all made of white wind stripes. He was quite smart and a good person, that let the warriors live with him. With an old magic, he could bring Sworth back to life, but as a ghost.
Fysh, Fyty and Sworth were ready to go after Kye and his new boss.
These were actually rewritten recently.

Anyway, I still think that the plot was a bit of sweet -- But nothing in comparison to what I can do today.

Last edited:

Arcanine Royale

Well, the first story I wrote was Olympic Dreams in 3rd grade, featuring a crappy story-line, NO description what so ever, and basically a summary of a plot that would never make sense. After that, getting twenty-five pages (and this is fifth graders making it to a national olympic match in five sports all at once...), I scrapped it and started about sixty fantasy stories until finally in late fifth grade I discovered pokemon (which shows how culturally illiterate I am, if I only heard of it seven years into it) and wrote a crappy x infinity version of Now and Forever. Still my longest fic.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Lol, alright, I'll play this game. xD You've all seen my crappy early versions of LC, but I've often mentioned my Land Before Time rip-off stories that I wrote in 4th grade.

The only copies I have are the rewrites that I did in 5th grade, so here goes:

Eleven year old Chibi said:
Chapter 1: The Drought

Millions of years ago dinosaurs lived on the earth. Dinosaurs successfully inhabited the earth for millions of years, but in the Cretaceous period, the world began changing. Places that had once been lush and green were becoming all dried up. One big change happened when an earthquake cut off one of the flows of The Cool Water Spring.

During the quake, underground plates blocked the east flow of the Forever River, the water source for the Mountain Valley. With the water gone, the dinosaurs in the valley suffered a serious drought.

One night, the adults decided to leave the Mountain Valley in search of Paradise Valley, the place where the western flow of the Forever Valley went. (It wasn't blocked)

Late that night, the adult dinosaurs left the valley in between a small opening in the mountains. However, five young dinosaurs were left behind because they were sleeping and did not know about the plan to leave.
So the adults just left and didn't even bother checking if their kids were with them? oO;
Chapter 2: Migration

In the morning, one of the young dinosaurs awoke to see the sunrise. His name was Swift and he was a Gallimimus. When he came out of a small cave they were sleeping in, he was shocked to find that everyone was gone. "You guys! Wake up and come quick!" he shouted. His friends, Flyer, the Pteranodon, Charger, the Triceratops, Stomper, the Ceratosaurus, and Swimmer, the Parasaurolophus came running out.

"They must have left for Paradise valley last night!" said Swimmer. "We've got to leave now!"

Suddenly, the group heard a sound. They ran back into the cave. A few minutes later they looked out again and saw Predato, the biggest and nastiest Tyrannosaurus Rex they knew of. Swift volunteered to be a lookout. “Okay, whispered Swift, he’s facing the other way. Let’s go.”

Slowly one by one they came out of the cave, but not before Predato saw them. He started bounding towards them! They ran as fast as they could towards a small tunnel that went through one of the mountains. Swift got through with ease and Stomper and Swimmer had no problem, but unfortunately, Charger got stuck. Since Flyer hadn’t gotten through yet, he tried to distract Predato while the others tried to pull Charger into the tunnel. Predato leaped into the air, and tried to catch Flyer but then he saw Charger who was a much easier target. He leaped her just as Stomper, Swift and Swimmer pulled with all of their might. Predato's jaws snapped right where Charger had been a second later. Frustrated and mad he reached in his hand and tried to grab them. After a while he gave up and went away. When he was gone, Flyer flew into the tunnel.

The ceiling was higher now, so nobody got stuck, but it took a long time to get to the other side. After a long time they reached the other side. All they saw was miles of desert in every direction as far as the eye could see.

Before the Forever River dried up, Swift remembered hearing an old dinosaur who had been to Paradise Valley say that it was about forty to fifty miles away from the Mountain Valley. Knowing that, he knew they were in for a long, hot, walk.
Okay, does it even make sense for them to be friends with a Ceratosaurus? Later revisions changed it to a Pachycephalosaurus.
Chapter 3: The Desert

The sun was high in the sky and it was hot. Even though they knew where they were going because they stayed close to where the Forever River used to run, they seemed to be lost

Charger started racing towards what she thought was a puddle of water, but landed in a pile of sand. “It probably was just a mirage.” She said. “With the sun shining so high in the sky and so bright, it makes illusions.”

“Let’s hope we at least get to the Cool Water Spring soon.”

[Feh…that’s all I have typed of that revision. I’ll continue it from the original hand-written version… In this version, Stomper was named Cereto, Swift was named Galla, and Swimmer was a velociraptor named Raptor. Original names, eh? xD]

Hours later they were so hot and tired that they had to had to rest. They layed down in a cave that used to be an underwater river cave. It was a lot cooler inside and they soon fell asleep.

They woke up in the middle of the night. It was very cool now. They decided to walk until sunrise. The dinosaur kids set off at a good pace. Unfortunately, it was only about fifty minutes until sunrise.

When the sun came up, Galla saw some trees that the others thought was just a mirage. He saw water too! Galla ran, jumped, and hoped that he would have a wet, watery, landing.
Ten-year-old Chibi said:
Chapter 4: The Oasis

SPLASH!! Galla came rushing up to that surface of a spring of water. The other dinos came to the small area of trees and water.

“An oasis only happens when there is an underwater spring, so must be at the Cool Water Spring!” he shouted.

The Cool Water Spring was a lot better than what they thought. Flyer ate some berries, while Galla, Cereto, and Raptor ate the inside of some coconuts. Charger at e leaves and swam. That night they went to sleep, so they would be able to get a good start in the morning.

When the sun rised, they ate and drank as much as they could so they would not be hungry or thirsty for a long time.

They left the oasis behind, heading out for the desert. The journey took hours, but finally they came to a bubbling source—the start of the second Forever River.

[Is anyone following the bizarre geography in this story? oO]

Suddenly the group saw something in the distance. For a while, nobody said anything.

Finally, after the long pause, Charger spoke up. “It looks like it might be a mountain.”
That’s all I have. I had around thirteen chapters planned, and five individual stories.

Oh God...I just remembered...I have a story I wrote when I was nine. >< It was about a group of friends who get taken back in time and given uber mutant dinosaur powers to fight a group of dinosaurs intent on destroying the world. xDDD The first two chapters had zero relevance to the plat and the rest of it was pathetic.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
One thing I've noticed, from all the contributions and my own recollections, is that the young wirter's mind is... well... rather indescriptably different from its mature version. I suppose, if I have to express it, that the plot, in their minds, is not an ordered universe, closely replicating our own, but a direct translation of their (usually subsconscious, somewhat imaginative) thoughts into paper, so as to create fanciful and illogical situations and settings. That, combined with the obvious lack of skill, makes for some very peculiar reading.

I don't know. Just a thought.

Last edited: