• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Young Upstarts Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
dragontamer44722%20middle%20banner%20png_zpsugpzl6xk.png

The Pokegyms League is proud to present the
Young Upstarts Tournament!

Rules:

-For this tournament, you must use pokemon in RU tiers and lower that are not fully evolved. Pokémon in the Little Cup tier are also included.
-This will take place on Pokémon Showdown, from October 1st until October 8th.
-The battle style is Singles, lvl 50 pokemon.
-The tournament will consist of 3 or 5 rounds, depending on the number of participants. Players will communicate with other battlers in order to set up battles. The score will be tallied based upon the number of battles you win. In the event of a tie, the total number of pokemon left after you win those battles will be tallied together and the person with the most remaining will be the winner of the tiebreaker.
-Teams cannot be changed in any way once the tournament begins.
-A team may only have one pokemon with the item Eviolite attached.
-Cosplay Pikachu is permitted.
-You do not need to be a gym member to participate.
-If you want to participate, please make a sign in post in this thread.

Serebii Username
Pokémon Showdown Name:

Battle Result Form:
Serebii username:
Round:
Opponent (please use serebii name here):
result:
Comments: (Be constructive)

Prizes:

Shiny Timid Zapdos with hp ice (rng'd prior to gen 6)
Shiny Timid Feebas with Mirror Coat and Dragon Pulse
Shiny Timid Hydragon with Earth Power

Tournament Spreadsheet

Spreadsheet

Last edited:

EKZ1505

Serebii Username: EKZ1505
Pokémon Showdown Name: EKZ1505

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Serebii Username: DJSummers
Pokémon Showdown Name: xXMrSummersXx

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Serebii Username: DX 2401PT
Pokémon Showdown Name: DX 2401PT

Question, DT!
Have you decided on the usage of Eviolite? Is it limited 1 per team, or is it not allowed, or does it not matter?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Ah yes. I decided that eviolite will be limited to ONE per team. Thank you for reminding me, I'll edit the rules now.

juffate

Not-So Normal Type
Serebii Username: juffate
Pokémon Showdown Name: juffate

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Making a post for myself xD

Serebii username: dragontamer44722
Pokémon Showdown Username: dragontamer44722

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Hiya~ It's been a long while since I've last participated in your tourneys, dragontamer. ^^
I figure as I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things, I'll give this tourney a shot!

Serebii Username: SilverLanayru
Pokémon Showdown Username: SilverLanayru

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Good to see you back!

As we have plenty of players, this tournament will consist of 5 rounds. I will be posting the prizes tomorrow so stay tuned!

Cutty

Forever now
Serebii Username: Cutty
Pokémon Showdown Name: ShinyCutty

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Ah yes. I decided that eviolite will be limited to ONE per team. Thank you for reminding me, I'll edit the rules now.

I know it's pretty late to add input, but a simple Items Clause will take care of both this and many other problems that may arise...

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Serebii Username: FairyWitch
Pokémon Showdown Name: FairyWitch824

I will participate this time and fyi I already got a team ready which I will making a second one as well soon...so I can participate this time XD also just making sure it has to be pre-evolutions that are not fully evolved (ex: combusken is fine but it can't be blaziken right?) and I know you say ru and below so that includes nu,and pu can be used right? I normally don't play lower teirs so I can't figure out what to use below ru which I know for sure uu is banned from ru right? I feel like nub lol I made a team just want to make sure its legal and I will tweak if I am wrong...

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Serebii Username: FairyWitch
Pokémon Showdown Name: FairyWitch824

I will participate this time and fyi I already got a team ready which I will making a second one as well soon...so I can participate this time XD also just making sure it has to be pre-evolutions that are not fully evolved (ex: combusken is fine but it can't be blaziken right?) and I know you say ru and below so that includes nu,and pu can be used right? I normally don't play lower teirs so I can't figure out what to use below ru which I know for sure uu is banned from ru right? I feel like nub lol I made a team just want to make sure its legal and I will tweak if I am wrong...

Its ok. But yeah you basically got it, you can use Combusken but not Blaziken, you can use the tiers RU, NU, PU and Little cup pokemon (little cup pokemon would be at level 50) And just remember you can only use one team throughout the entire tournament, you can't switch teams.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Its ok. But yeah you basically got it, you can use Combusken but not Blaziken, you can use the tiers RU, NU, PU and Little cup pokemon (little cup pokemon would be at level 50) And just remember you can only use one team throughout the entire tournament, you can't switch teams.

oh okay I will not make a second team just got a tiny bit confused on the rules for a sec >.> I am use to the best out of 3 which switching is normally okay but no worries. also is all teirs at level 50 though just curious because wouldn't they have a disavatage to other tiers being at level 100?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
All battles should be done at level 50. Most of the tournaments I put up are that way.

alright sounds good just want to make sure and get it clarifed before I start the tournament wrong thanks dt :3

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
The tournament has BEGUN! Players, you will now have a week to battle 5 trainers to complete your rounds. I wish everyone luck!

Serebii username: Dt
Round:1
Opponent (please use serebii name here): Djsummers
result: My loss 0-1
Comments: (Be constructive) It was close, but ultimately my last pokemon couldn't handle his. Also as a reminder to all, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR POKEMON ARE AT LVL 50! I made that mistake already.

Round:2
Opponent (please use serebii name here): Cutty
result: My win 1-0
Comments: (Be constructive): If one particular move had hit me I would have lost for sure. When it came down to our final pokemon I had the type advantage so I was able to edge him out. GG :D

Round:3
Opponent (please use serebii name here): Dx2401pt
result: My win 3-0
Comments: Fun match! I don't think he anticipated my one pokemon to outspeed his, and that really helped out. Ultimately the battle came down to 2 pokemon doing a lot of work. Gg :D

Round:4
Opponent (please use serebii name here): Professor Dragonexpert
result: My win 1-0
Comments: It was incredibly close. It could have gone in his way very easily.

Round:5
Opponent (please use serebii name here): Silverlanayru
result: My loss 0-1
Comments: Was a very close game, she probably could've won 2-0 but the one move did less than damage than she thought.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Welp, I got my team ready, so I'm all ready to battle.

Serebii username: DJSummers
Round: 1
Opponent (please use serebii name here): DT
result: Win 1 - 0
Comments: (Be constructive) Good game, came down to a close ending, and was very fun.

Round: 2
Opponent (please use serebii name here): DX 2401PT
result: Loss 0 - 1
Comments: (Be constructive) Good game, that 1 HP.

Round: 3
Opponent (please use serebii name here): Professor dragonexpert
result: Loss 0 - 1
Comments: (Be constructive) Good game. Lost the speed tie at the end, would've been great to have won that.

Round: 4
Opponent (please use serebii name here): FairyWitch
result: Win 5 - 0
Comments: (Be constructive) Good game. I seemed to had 1 Pokemon that was able to counter her strategy.

Round: 5
Opponent (please use serebii name here): SilverLanayru
result: Win 1 - 0
Comments: (Be constructive) Good game, that one move that helped me win the battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.