• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Young Upstarts Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
All battles should be done at level 50. Most of the tournaments I put up are that way.
Okay I missed this particular tidbit. xD I'll have to readjust my levels to 50, in this case. I do have a team ready, otherwise.

But yeah, as a note, I won't be able to start battling till around Tuesday afternoon. Got important college stuff going on. ;w;

Cutty

Forever now
I'm ready as well. Just invite me for battle if you see me online or set up a time :)

Serebii username: Cutty
Round:1
Opponent (please use serebii name here): DT
result: My loss 0-1
Comments: Crits & miss & my wobbly laptop what got me. Typical. Its actually a fun tourney though :) GG!

Round: 2
Opponent: Professor dragonexpert
result: Me loss 0-4
Comments: Good prediction from my opponent cost me 2 mons easily. GG!

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I'm finally available for the tournament battles! VM me if you would like to battle!

Serebii username: DX 2401PT
Round: 1
Opponent (please use serebii name here): DT
result: Loss, 0-3
Comments (Be constructive): Well, that didn't go well. For some reason, I expected a lot of firepower from the unevolved and clearly weaker Pokemon. "This Pokemon has 60 lower base stat than its evolution form! But it'll hit just as hard!" Turns out... no. Heh. GG.

Opponent (please use serebii name here): DJSummers
result: Win, 1-0
Comments (Be constructive): Wow. It was very close, with the last guy having 1 HP, though in hindsight, that was... unnecessary. GG!

Round: 3
Opponent (please use serebii name here): Professor dragonexpert
result: Win, 1-0
Comments (Be constructive): Even though the most gimmicky guy failed to do its job again... it brought the very close victory!

Round: 4
Opponent (please use serebii name here): FairyWitch
result: Win, 4-0
Comments (Be constructive): A very interesting team that could have gone out of control rather quickly, especially if a certain move was used like 2 of my other opponents did. GG! ... And on a side note... I think this is the very first time I battled Fairy, so... I had no idea what to expect!

Round: 5
Opponent (please use serebii name here): SilverLanayru
result: Loss, 0-4
Comments (Be constructive): Good old hax... my acc 90 move misses, opponent's acc 70 hits. Gee. Surprise, surprise... I'd probably fare a lot better if I just removed every move from every team whose acc was less than 100. And for the third time, my two "control" guys fail to do anything due to the opening moves.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Okay I missed this particular tidbit. xD I'll have to readjust my levels to 50, in this case. I do have a team ready, otherwise.

But yeah, as a note, I won't be able to start battling till around Tuesday afternoon. Got important college stuff going on. ;w;

don't worry I was curious too which I was not sure if it was 100 or 50 since dt said XD I have readjust my levels as well before I battle anyone.

anyway I have my team ready I just need to readjust the level but I am unavailable atm to battle but I should be able to battle a bit later on showdown if anyone is on just message me.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I'll be on Showdown for most of today as King Arceus PB. I hang out in the Anything Goes Room, but you can use the Find A User button to get me. Make sure you message me on there first so I know who you are.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Serebii username: professor dragonexpert
Round:1
Opponent (please use serebii name here): dt
result: I lost 0-1.
Comments: A turn 1 mistake is ultimately what costed me the match, although if I would've put a different move on one of my Pokemon I would've won anyway.

Opponent: djsummers
result: I won 1-0.
Comments: A close game all around.

Opponent: DX
Result: 0-1 loss.
Comments: Might have won if I did a different move last turn.

Round: 4
Opponent: Cutty
Result: 4-0 Win.
Comments: Fun battle.

Round: 5
Opponent: naoto
Result: 4-0 Win.
Comments: Fun battle. Was a really challenge saving my last attack I could do.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Serebii username: SilverLanayru
Opponent: dragontamer 44722
Result: 1-0; My win.
Comments: I made a few screw-ups in the middle, but barely made a comeback. xD Sucks I didn't get to use my last mon to its best potential, but ah well. Close game, otherwise. ^^

EKZ1505

Almost forgot about this, up for battles later tonight

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
anyone ready to battle for the upstart tournament just message me on serebii if your online right now...

Serebii username: FairyWitch
Opponent (please use serebii name here): DJSummers
result: loss
Comments: (Be constructive) tbh I don't know why I keep forgetting that you would keep switching to that one pokemon but I still did anyway which cost me alot. I blame my sickness XD anyway gg dj also not sure why I forgot about water absorb as well...

Serebii username: FairyWitch
Opponent (please use serebii name here): DX 2401PT
result: loss
Comments: (Be constructive) gg that was a fun match

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Just a reminder that tomorrow is the final day for battles, with the winner being announced on Sunday. Good luck everyone!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Looking for my round 5 opponent! I'll be online for the remainder of the day if anyone's interested.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Just letting everyone know that I'm available for most of this evening for battles. I still need to battle 4 3 2 more opponents, soooo... yeah, feel free to contact me. xD
(I'll try my best to check my VMs often. Chances are I may or may not be sidetracked.)

Opponent: DJSummers
Result: 0-1; My loss.
Comments: That Quick Attack definitely shut down what would've been my spree. ;w; Good game!

Opponent: DX 2401PT
Result: 4-0; My win.
Comments: I feel that things might've been different if the will-o-wisp didn't miss. But otherwise, 'twas a good game!

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Today is the final day for matchups everyone, so strap in and get those battles done! I'll announce our winner tomorrow!

On that note I'm around for people who haven't battled me yet.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Hi all. I'm still looking for two more opponents to battle! Please contact me if interested. ^^
I'll be available for the rest of the day.

Edit: I guess that's that. Whelp this is what happens when my time is a bit limited during the weekdays. ;w;

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Sorry for the delay all but the tournament is now over!

4 players got a total of 3 wins each, so the 4 way tie was broken by the number of pokemon remaining in each battle! So without further ado, here are the winners!

1st place: Professor Dragonexpert
2nd Place: DjSummers
3rd place: Dx2401pt
4th place: Me

Congrats to our winners, and thank you to all participants! There is another tournament coming soon so stay tuned!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.