• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your best gaming accomplishment(s) of 2009.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Alas, 2009 is nearing at an end, so let's recap all of our accomplishments of 2009. In this thread, we post our best accomplishments, but let's leave the minor accomplishments behind.

As for me, I only have one big accomplishment this entire year (yes, I know). Two days before Thanksgiving, on 11/24/2009, I lost my words when I accomplished what could be the hardest spell card in not only Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith, but the entire Touhou series. The name of the spell card? Virtue of Wind God. On Lunatic. I finally captured it within 172 attempts, and it was all worth it. Not only that, I recorded a video of my run, if anyone wants to witness it.

It took patience and persistency to overcome this seemingly impossible obstacle, and not only that, you'll need to pull off the most insane reflexes you'll ever make and you need to learn to clip through a stream of four amulets, but hey, I've done it. Sadly, those who are claustrophobic may not be able to survive this, but then again...

Anyway, if you achieved something big this year, why not vent?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Holy... o_o great job on Touhou thing (never played it before, but from that video it looked hard as hell ._. )

I think I did a lot this year, let's get started.

-Got all the achievements in Bioshock
-Finished Dead Space and got all the achievements
-Got all the Assassin's Creed achievements in a week, first run
-Got all the achievements in Assassin's Creed II and then 100% in a week, first run
-Finished getting every Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST achievement
-FINALLY got the final Orange Box achievements (WFLT and the Portal medals)
-Got all the achievements in Resident Evil 5
-Got all the non DLC achievements in The Force Unleashed (Rented)(Sith Master was the most frustrating thing I've EVER played)
-Beat Metal Gear Solid 3 non-stop for a day until I beat it again
-Got all the Dog Tags in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
-Got all the Mega Man 9 achievements

Really the big one is Mega Man 9 I guess, but I'm a completionist and was playing a lot of Xbox this year so I wanna brag. ^w^

I got to the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time: Master Quest.

Sadly, I probably won't be able to finish it by year's end. Unless I really kick some *** tonight and tomorrow.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I finally beat the original Final Fantasy. Also, it's coincidentally the first time I didn't get jumped by a WarMECH, and then give up in frustration.

fhqwhgads

I got all but 3 on Bioshock.

I probably got the final Achievements on RB2 earlier this year.

Slick

Banned
I finally bought RB2 on Christmas day?

I don't generally remember these things for all too long.

Wat.
-30 exp on halo 3.

Also, I haven't finished it yet, but I am going to 5 star my Pokemon Emerald Trainer Card and defeat every trainer (excluding the random ones of the battle frontier. So far I've defeated every trainer up to the sixth gym.

Surfing_Pikachu

As for me, I dunno. I halfway completed New Super Mario Bros Wii...?

RegalStar

I beat the Extra stage of a Touhou game (Imperishable Night to be exact). Youtube link here.

That's probably nothing compared to capturing VoWG, but it's still big for me since I've only been playign the game since mid-november, and sporadically at best.

Last edited:

Lord Scalgon

What title?
I beat the Extra stage of a Touhou game (Imperishable Night to be exact). Youtube link here.

That's probably nothing compared to capturing VoWG, but it's still big for me since I've only been playign the game since mid-november, and sporadically at best.

Well, if you beat Extra stage of any Touhou game, you should really be proud of your accomplishment because to me, it is rather 'big'. In my opinion, the hardest spell card in IN would be Hourai Jewel (spell 171), which I captured a little more than a year ago. Even today, it is considered one of the most hardest spell cards in the entire Touhou series, but VoWG is even harder.

I'll admit one thing - I have yet to 1CC any Touhou game on Lunatic, but I've unlocked these stages via replay method (only works in Mountain of Faith). If only if I could survive stage 4 in MoF with only one life lost, I could probably stand a chance, because that stage is, if not, one of the most BS'd stages ever...especially the post-Momizi BS.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I either forgot everything, or didn't do anything. Next year will be better.

-Beating Wetwork, The Terminal and Estate Takedown in Modern Warfare 2's Spec Ops on Veteran on my own.
-Obtaining 10000 Gamerscore in little over 6 months.
-Completing Metroid Prime and Echoes on Veteran Difficulty 100% first time through.
-Beating Mega Man 9 in under 60 minutes and with no E or M Tanks first time through.

I think that's it. It was hard thinking of these, even. I think I need to do more next year. ;.;

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
Hmm.. Achievements, Accomplishments, Achievements..

- Finished Loco Roco 2 for a short time (4-6 hours?)
- Having all of the Ultimate Rarepons on my Patapon 2 party.
- Thank goodness I've finished Pokemon Ranger this year with a very short time (3 hours)

That's it. I have a lot more video gaming success last year :(

Wat.
YES! I got -50 exp on halo 3. :D

Rakurai

That was the first one I beat, as well.

On the subject of Touhou games, my only gaming achievement this year that made me feel sort of special was surviving the 12th game's extra stage with all six of the shooting styles, thus earning myself a pretty looking "All clear" mark on the stage (But nothing else, aside from a slight feeling of accomplishment).

I have a replay for all of them, but don't really know how to upload them Youtube or some other website, so...