• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Best Pokemon Movie?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I wanna watch that, but it's kinda embarrassing to watch a Pokemon movie when you're 17.

I know what you mean. I was embarrassed when I went to see the third movie. How old was I then? Let's see, I couldn't have been more than about 15... I wanted to take my little cousin so I'd have an excuse to go. I'm just glad I didn't run into anyone I knew.

I want to watch the others, but... a, it's still a little embarrassing, and b, I don't want to have to deal with possible Advanceshipping hints. Nothing against the ship, I'm just too obsessive about mine, and seeing other hints just bothers me.

Agility

Bah.
Haha. You shouldn't give a rat's behind about what other people think. Once you pass 10th grade, no one really cares anyway.

For me, I'd have to say the second one.

Benoxxxx

Water Pokémon Lover!
P2K, definitely. For obvious reasons. After the first movie, I didn't expect any Pokeshipping at all... I was so thrilled when I saw it. I spent the entire movie fangirling.

Now, I've only seen the first three... but I'm sure it would remain my favorite, just because of the shipping. I did think the storyline was pretty good, though, and the flute music was absolutely beautiful.

I'll second that. The shipping was awsome. Luckily it still had an exellent storyline. Very emotional.

But yeah, the flute music will always be the most memorable part of that movie for me. Love it.

Rizardosaur

Fire Trainer
Destiny Deoxys - Best Pokemon Movie Ever. Laurrosse City (That hi-tech city) is freaking awesome. I would love to go there. Deoxys is one of my favorites.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
All of them were terrible and repetitive.
Hearing people say this about the movies rather than the main series for once is quite a surprise, really. Most of them are decent, and I would really love it if the writers incorporate that kind of storytelling into the main series for once.

The 8th movie, Mew and The Hero of The Wave, was definitely an example of not being terrible and repetitive. And Mewtwo's Counterattack, which was the closest Pokemon has ever gotten to be "deep" (non-dubbed, next to the eighth movie). Adding in the CD Drama/Birth of Mewtwo prologue to the main movie, Mewtwo is one of the anime's deeper characters.

The only, truely "terrible" Pokemon movie would be Sky-Splitting Visitor: Deoxys. Everything a rabid Pokemon fan would want - a big, destructive battle with no interesting plot. The reason I liked the eighth movie and the first movie (and a few others) so much was because the characters of the titicular Pokemon actually had some depth and development in them, and weren't just random, overglorified PoTD glued onto the movies.

Last edited:

Sunraichu

goldenslaughterer
My favorite movies were The rise of Darkrai and The first movie. I hope the 11th movie is really cool, it sounds like it will be.