• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your biggest mistakes.

FilipeKC

perfect storm
^Of course not LOL Shedinja can't be hit by a move that isn't Super-effective and none of the moves on my Empoleon were

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
I thought that master balls could be used to catch other people's Pokémon, so I tried to catch my Rival's Blastoise.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
Once my magikarp on plat. was lvl 19. Then lvl 20 after killing a bidoof. I made a mistake and clicked B gah D: And I didn't had the second badge yet <_< no bite D: so I had to learn it return

cptmyname

Believe me when i say this, this is too stupid to make up.

One year at my birthday party, i was about to data-trade (trade, then trade back to give dex info) my latias to my friend Nick's emerald soo he could get a cyndaquil, and give one to me ^.^, but i told him to wait as i had something to do first.

What was that you ask?

Migrate ALL my lengendarys to diamond -.-

It took us another f**king 2 years to get the other 2 johto sarters!

What was even dumber was about 1 year ago i just decided to restart ALL my generation III games, but i THOUGHT was smart when i decided to trade all the 9 starters on my ruby version's pc!
But it wasn't soo after that i remembered i'm an idiot.
In ruby, i realized i was getting bored and decided to RESTART MY GAME completly forgetting about my 9 starters!

It wasn't even until i told this story to my other friend Liam when he told me he allready had all the johto starters before i even got emerald, and laughed is arse of and gave me all the starters that i even got them on my gen 4 games!
And i still don't even have any on my gen 3 games!

ARGH!!!

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
My only biggest mistake is this:

I accidently used Garchomp in a battle with six Ice type pokemon and I've managed to survive. :)

cptmyname

I posted this in another thread with the same topic, which got closed

the first time i challenged the E4 in silver, and managed to finish of all but one of lance's dragonite with only my feraligatr left...
i though it would be simple, soo...
Feraligatr! use ice fang!
it missed!
dragonite used thunder!
*feraligatr's hp is is a little over half
Feraligatr! use ice fang!
it missed!
Dragonite used thunder!
*feraligatr's hp is red now
Feraligatr! use ice fang damn it!
it missed -.-'...
Dragonite used thunder!
feraligatr got owned!

Gold blacks out for some reason!
and that jerk lance stole 80000p from my wallet!

But after someone posted that feraligatr can't learn ice fang, i remembered it was icy wind

actualy more of aan epic fail then a biggest mistake, but i didn't save before i challenged him soo... yeah

megacool8

ZOMG A COOKIE!!
i once lost to a lumineon in the battle tower... with my ev'd pokes

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
One of the most unbelievable yet.. heart-breaking things has happened to me before..

Pokemon Diamond.. I get my Turtwig.. pair up with the Rival, go to the Lake.. then I have to head to Prof. Rowans Lab right?

Well.. you have to go through patches of grass, correct? No Pokeballs or anything.

I battled a few Starly and Bidoof, and then.. all of the sudden.. I battle one more Pokemon.

A SHINY STARLY!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG IM GOING TO CATCH IT.

no... no i'm not..

Because Game Freak are retarded and allow you to go into patches before Pokeballs.. and I couldn't do a thing about it.

I had to kill a shiny.. a shiny Starly.

It was.. tragic.

My continuing search for a shiny of my own continues..

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Hmm... I believe my stupidest mistake went something like this...

Fisher *insert name here* sent out Magikarp!
Pokefan sent out Magikarp!
The foe's Magikarp used Splash!
Nothing happened...
Magikarp used Splash!
Nothing happened...
Nothing happened...
Magikarp used Splash!
Nothing happened...

Etc. Etc. Etc. And then I ran out of PP for Splash...

Why was I fighting with a Magikarp that knew only Splash? Because I had never done it before, and thought it would be funny to try. Unfortunately, I picked the Fisher with the Magikarps instead of the Goldeen, so...

A warning from me to you: Never use a Magikarp with Splash against another Magikarp with Splash. Ever.

megacool8

ZOMG A COOKIE!!
Hmm... I believe my stupidest mistake went something like this...

Fisher *insert name here* sent out Magikarp!
Pokefan sent out Magikarp!
Nothing happened...
Magikarp used Splash!
Nothing happened...
Nothing happened...
Magikarp used Splash!
Nothing happened...

Etc. Etc. Etc. And then I ran out of PP for Splash...

Why was I fighting with a Magikarp that knew only Splash? Because I had never done it before, and thought it would be funny to try. Unfortunately, I picked the Fisher with the Magikarps instead of the Goldeen, so...

A warning from me to you: Never use a Magikarp with Splash against another Magikarp with Splash. Ever.

sweet... i wanna try this

In Pokemon TCG (not the GB one, the real cards one :p)
I was playing with my friend, who had a jungle pikachu (with an attack that gives 20 damage and 10 to one on the bench). I had been drawing nothing but energy cards for the last 7 turns (and just had 15 in my deck) and just had left an slowpoke and a grimer (i was playing slowking + dark muk, he was playing a prototype of magneton deck). The slowpoke had 10 hp left and the grimer 20, but the grimer was benched. Then my friend used a computer search. I thought i was lost because of a gust of wind (switching my benched grimer with the slowpoke), but then my friend got out a professor oak instead, threw it, killed my slowpoke and passed turn. I drawed a computer search, searching for an oak, and won that game i had already lost.

In Platinum, sooner today. I start again in the battle tower after losing to 3 consecutive fissure + quick claw and sheer colds + quick claw (i hate that ¬¬):
Garchomp vs Starly.
Garchomp uses Swords Dance
Starly uses something
(I see Starly standing on his feet) Garchomp uses Earthquake...
/facepalm
¬¬

I got sapphire edition, and played it, but never caught latias. I got emerald, and then, when choosing between red/blue after defeating the E4, i chose red thinking that in sapphire (blue) i would get a latios ¬¬

Also spent a whole lot of time to get the first johto starter before thinking on transferring every poke to sapphire, start again, solve the lati@s problem and get another starter, when i realised i could simply transfer my johto starters from colosseum, make eggs and return them ¬¬

Caught a bold iv'd: 22hp/26def/24spa Suicune at colosseum and restarted the game before remembering to transfer it ¬¬...

I will post more if i remember :p

ZanderR110

Northern Darkness
In my original Gold version, I made Ho-oh forget Sacred Fire so that it could learn Flash.

Never again.

Going to Toys 'R' Us when I was five planning on getting Pokemon Red, only to be distracted by Roller Coaster Tycoon and buying that instead, later finding out I bought the expansion pack and couldn't even play it.

Wasn't something in-game, but still an epic fail nonetheless.

Tyranatar

I'm back!
i ev trained a ryperior for my tr team and when it was done i realized it had lighting rod so scizor kills it -.- i am currently getting another

Squaaah

When I started playing Red, I thought tackle was a really good move on my Bulbasaur, so I refused to replace it with any better moves. Needless too say I needed to use the rare candy cheat to beat that game.

shamwowsavedme

chek dis ancient ***
hmmm...how about playing for 4 hours staight to train pokemon in firered, getting to the 1st Giovanni fight, shifting positions in my bed(with ur mother), and pressing power...no save...none...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

pokemaster001

A SHINY STARLY!!!!!!!!!!

no... no i'm not..

once, I was in the battle factory and
A SHINY STARAVIA!!!!!!!!!!
no... no i'm not
so you're not alone

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Back in my 1st game (Pokemon Sapphire) i didn't know how to save (no one reads the manuel XP) and so i kept turning it off without saving...took a while LOL