• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your childhood memories of Christmas

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just describe your childhood memories of Christmas as vague or as descriptive as you want.

So for me, I never actually seen a Mall Santa as they call it except for movies and television. Mall Santas are these Santas that sit around all day in the big mall asking what children want for Christmas. The last time I remember seeing a Santa was perhaps at the age of 5 or 4 and this Santa Claus wasn't on some festive chair in a mall, he was on a festive sleigh on top of a firetruck. It was at some Christmas party for part of the community there. It wasn't anything fancy. It was your usual long plain room full of rows of grey metal tables full of paper plates. There was food of course but can't remember if the invitees brought it or the people in charge of the party brought it. As time passed, I can't help but remember the solemn darkness at the very edge of the room and at the other side from the edge were parents and children enjoying the party in the light. Kind of want to draw that some day.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got to meet Santa when I was 8. I was in the not believing in Santa stage at the time. Then on Christmas Day, he showed up and delivered a Littlefoot stuffed animal to me and I got a picture with him.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I didn’t know about the religious aspects of Christmas until I was eleven. I just saw it as a day to get stuff. My parents came from Taiwan where they really don’t celebrate Christmas.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
When I was something like 3-5. I Accidentally pushed our christmas tree and it fell. Fortunately it didn't fall on top of me though. The reason this happened was because I wanted to watch a movie but the Christmas tree was put in front of the shelf were all of our VHS cassettes were stored. So I somehow tried going around the tree but failed. This happened after Christmas day. So fortunately I didn't ruin Christmas.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Stubbed my toe on a door bc I was so excited to open presents; running for the tree to see what was left for me. Was bleeding on and off for 4 days after. Scar hasn’t faded whatsoever and it’s been at least a decade since, probably happened 17 years ago to be more accurate.

Also if my relocation is good as I believe it is, that was the year I got a Lego Space Shuttle set. Back when Santa would leave me presents, I got a Lego Set every Christmas.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I remember getting loads of Pokémon stuff for Christmas 2000, which was around the time I first started getting into it. I got a Psyduck backpack, a Charizard backpack, three PC games (both versions of the Project Studio and a Zapdos/Elekid PokéROM), and I think a Pikachu plush as well. Amazingly, I still have the Psyduck backpack, but the straps came loose. All the other stuff got sold at a garage sale when we were clearing out our house a while ago.

Xmas 2003 was when I got a GBA, because I wanted to play Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire, which had just come out at the time. I didn't get Ruby, but I did get a few other games, like Wario Land 4 and some Disney games. (I got Ruby for my birthday the following year.)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Waking up my entire family at 4 in the morning to go open presents. I’m the middle child but at this point my younger siblings weren’t born so I was the youngest. Didn’t understand why older people craved sleep so bad. Now I fully understand and I usually wake up Christmas morning at like 10 (which, ironically, my family hates).

Getting Diamond is still my favorite memory. Was watching the DP anime beforehand wishing I had the game. My mom purposely left it out until everything else was opened. I was disappointed but then she told me to go check the mail. It was a package from Santa addressed to me. Confused, I opened it. There was a letter congratulating me for getting honor roll and a reward for it. When I saw Dialga’s face after ripping the wrapping paper, I lost it. I still have both the letter and Diamond to this day

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That was me when I opened my Secret Santa gift this year. Felt like a kid when I saw the game inside :).

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I see. So you have gotten a Shield Doggo for Christmas?
Yep. Can't play it just yet until my Switch comes back from repair or replacement.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
Waking up my entire family at 4 in the morning to go open presents. I’m the middle child but at this point my younger siblings weren’t born so I was the youngest. Didn’t understand why older people craved sleep so bad. Now I fully understand and I usually wake up Christmas morning at like 10 (which, ironically, my family hates).

I remember getting up early every Christmas morning until I was around 13 to open presents as soon as possible. Nowadays since I'm older I don't even bother doing anything special for the holidays, so I just sleep in as well. It's both a relief since I don't have to make a big effort anymore, but also somewhat sad that I can't have those good times back.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I remember getting up early every Christmas morning until I was around 13 to open presents as soon as possible. Nowadays since I'm older I don't even bother doing anything special for the holidays, so I just sleep in as well. It's both a relief since I don't have to make a big effort anymore, but also somewhat sad that I can't have those good times back.
My feelings exactly. On one hand, I appreciate every second of sleep I can get. But I miss the energy I used to have as a kid

RedJirachi

Veteran member
My strongest is 1999. For about 5 years we lived in England, 1998-2003. We vacationed on December by returning to New Zealand, and stayed with the grandparents. I remember witnessing my grandfather baking food, using their computer to play CD games and exploring their farm

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'll never forget Christmas 1999. My parents gifted me a Sega Genesis (which was my very first home console that I could call my own) I remember staying up all night playing the Sega Smash Pack and Streets of Rage 2. Christmas 2000 was also another great Christmas. My parents gifted me Pokemon 2000, and Pokemon Silver.

Those were very good times indeed. I'll also never forget the Christmas when I was gifted my PS2 and my original Xbox.

Missingno.Fan

We got some Mickey’s Christmas Carol ornaments when I was like three. I remember running through the house because I was so excited that I got Scrooge. We also had VHS that my parents had recorded like every Christmas special ever on it. It was an extended play VHS so it was like six hours long. It didn’t matter what time of year it was, I was watching this thing.

TwilightBlade

When my dad surprised me for Christmas back in 2006. He was in the armed forces in the Middle East for a while and I wasn't expecting to see him, but he came to pick me up the last day of school before winter break and it was a really emotional moment for me. :]