1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your Dewford Town Trendy Saying

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Aquarelle, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

One feature of the RSE games is the Dewford Town trendy saying, a phrase that becomes popular all over the town.

So, what things are trendy in your RSE games?

My Ruby and Emerald both have “NON-STOP SYNCHRONIZE” as the trend. After looking at older threads on this topic, it seems they’ve had this saying since I last mixed records several years ago.
    I’ll have to check my Sapphire and other Emerald’s phrases later hopefully they’re funnier

2. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Checked all my games today. On my Ruby and Sapphire, it was "Cool Hariyama". I guess this might be because I mixed records a lot when I was completing some post-game things on these games two years ago. Though, looking back at another topic of this subject, I had that phrase even before that, so I don't know how I got it on both games. On Emerald, it was "Cool Sunny Day", which wasn't very different. On my second copy of Sapphire (which I never played that much), it was "Cold Group", which is at least somewhat different compared to the others.

I also remember when I played through Ruby for the first time, the trendy saying then was "New Letter". This confused me as I was supposed to deliver the letter to Steven but my English was rather limited then, so I wasn't sure what to do or who was Steven out of all the people since they all kept talking about the letter. It was a weird but very memorable situation.

3. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Last week, I checked the saying on my Sapphire and spare Emerald and saw that it was the same on both games:

"HOT GRANDFATHER"

Well, that's certainly more interesting than the saying on my other Gen 3 games. :p
    (I was surprised, though, that I chose that saying instead of something a little more, uh, suggestive/inappropriate/whatever...I know I've chosen "worse" sayings on previous playthroughs...)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

In my current Emerald playthrough, the trendy phrase is "MARILL HAPPY". In my previous playthroughs of R/S/E, I remember having stuff like "BEAUTIFLY BUG" and "UPSIDE DOWN TEST".

5. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

I don't remember if there were any amusing trendy phrases during my Ruby playthrough, but when I checked today, it was "APPROVED DESIGN". I'm not sure if that was me and that's been the trendy phrase for years, or if the game did it randomly.

6. ItsMeBrandon

ItsMeBrandon Well-Known Member

Hm, "HOT GRANDFATHER"... That's a new one.

The trendy Dewford Town saying in my Emerald game right now is "PICKUP LOL". I'm 99% sure I did that some months ago. It's not the funniest thing, but when the funniest saying you remember making is "DO ME" back in middle school when sex jokes were all the rage, you realize that at least you're not being vulgar.

Seriously, though, when I set the trendy saying to "DO ME" years ago and read what all the NPCs said with my friends, man, that was pretty funny. A bit tasteless, but funny.

7. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I just checked my ancient English Emerald game, and apparently my trendy phrase on it was "EAT LATIOS." I guess I thought that was funny when I played the game in '05.

8. NPT

NPT Just a member

When I played Pokémon Emerald for the first time, my Dewford Town trendy phrase was "CASCOON BAG". In my current playthrough, the trendy phrase is "YEAH, YEAH ROCK-SOLID".

9. Feline

Feline Well-Known Member

Oh boy this'll be fun. On my glitched Emerald Cartridge, the phrase is ..... "SECRET KINDERGARTEN." Okay then...

10. Elite4woolfy

Elite4woolfy ✽✽✽✽✽✽

My phrase on Ruby version is FEEBAS BEAUTY, my friends told me if I put FEEBAS and BEAUTY in the trendy phrase thing Wallace would give me a free Milotic........
    Good thing Internet exists!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  11. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Back when I was hunting Feebas on Emerald, I kept changing my Trendy Phrase daily lol. Last time I checked, it was "ADULT ANIME", which I found funny. :p

12. jginz1

jginz1 Shiny Hunter

My phrase on my Sapphire version was GOOD TIMES. It does not mean what you think though

13. PsychoBoost

PsychoBoost Carbon Dioxide

Lol! Mine is 'upside down Marill.' Kinda prefer the upside down test choice, though..

Also like the 'ADULT ANIME' choice. Quirky.

14. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

The phrase on my Sapphire today was, "GOING CHAT."

...I have no idea what that means.

15. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

I think my trendy phrase in Sapphire was "COOL LATIOS" or something similar, which I chose due to a misunderstanding with the Berry Master.

16. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

Mine was NATURAL FLOWERS due to something I read about Feebas spawning easier with that phrase. Obviously that isn't true but I still always set my phrase as that when I can just because I actually quite like it.

17. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

In my Emerald game my Dewford town trendy saying was something like 'Just Dance' if I remember right and in Sapphire I kept changing it often, but the last trendy saying that I remember using was 'Romantic Book' hee hee. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.