• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Diet: Health, Junk, and Fat?

Chidzz

I always eat healthy breakfasts, like 1% milk & Special K cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc. Then throughout the day I eat less and less healthy food. I have fast food around once a week.

Also I don't drink soda.
99% me... I'd say 100 but i don't eat fast food except like once every 6 months and i don't know what oatmeal is??????.... You might think I'm crazy but I'm Aussie so i don't think they have it here

I try not eat lots of dairy (excel 0% fat milk and laban) ever since I found out that you need this thing (only now the name in Arabic) that comes out of the cow when it's giving birth to make cheese

also @Dragontail
I heard Egyptian/Greek/Turkish foods are very similar to Lebanese food (which I don't mind but I prefer to eat only once a week)
I've been living in Lebanon for the past 3 years but now I'm moving back to Australia (yayyy!!!) except I'm sure your dad doesn't go out with a gun to shoot birds, come home, skin them, then barbecue them.... I was fine with eating them..... until I found out I was actually eating literal bird brains

Last edited by a moderator:

StarSurgeX

☆ I'm The Captain
Sigh... i eat lots of Junk food and fatty food. is hard to have a healthy diet, specially when you work at a fast food restaurant!!

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Well, I'm pretty much an omnivore, especially given how busy I've been lately and therefore how hard it's been to really keep track of what I eat. I tend to still stay on the relatively healthy side food-wise, though I seem to constantly have a shortage of vegetables in my house except in canned soup form. In fact, nowadays I consider a cheeseburger a good source of vegetables (because of the lettuce, tomato, and pickles), provided they're the good cheeseburgers at the good burger joints rather than most large fast food chains. Here in America it's very easy to find a good cheeseburger, and here in California it's very easy to find a healthy one. (And by healthy, I don't mean with avocado--though most sandwich shops in California do seem fond of putting avocado between their bread slices.)

One weird quirk of mine is that despite the fact that I'm NOT lactose intolerant (I better not be if I mentioned cheeseburgers), I prefer soymilk over regular milk. There's just something about cow's milk that just doesn't taste that good to me for some reason. Otherwise the only regular milk I ever drink is chocolate milk and the cream I put in my coffee (and tea occasionally, though I put soymilk in tea as well).

There was this one time several years ago that I was on the most restrictive diet I've ever been on, not to lose weight, but to cure some intestinal inflammation problem I had. Being on the diet meant no grains (not even rice), no fruit, no sugar, no dairy, no nuts, no soy, no vinegar, no coffee or tea, and no processed foods. It was a nightmare. I remember the second day I was on that diet and I had no food in stock that I could actually eat, and for a while I felt like I was going to collapse from hunger. It didn't help that I had very little body fat to live off of either. Fortunately though, it only lasted for about four weeks. Who knows, this diet might be good to lose weight with, even though I didn't really lose any weight from it. But then again, I'm already underweight.

-Nator-

I have a terrible habit of skipping breakfast 99.9% of the time. For lunch, I'll fill up 50% of days. Other times, I'll just have occasional snacks leading up to dinner. Dinner is something I never miss unless something urgent pops up that prevents me from feasting.
I'd say I'm a very well-balanced eater, despite skipping meals here and there. The one food I can't stand, though, are olives. There are some specific cultural foods I don't care for either. Other than that, I'll eat anything that's brought before me. I enjoy cooking, so I rarely have takeout... eliminating some of the junk food factor. However, I still enjoy my fair share of it come snack time and whatnot!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I'm eating pretty lean foods, with some fats being a rare occurrence. Mostly Lentils and macaronis for lunch and dinner, eggs or oatmeal for breafast. Rarities might be pancakes or french toast morning wise, meat or fish 2-3 times a week. No junk food as well. Of course unemployment is the case for this, not the fact that I want my diet to be like this.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
My diet consists of soda, water, chocolate, Oreos, milk, Italian food, Chinese food, and massive amounts of beef and chicken. And it's delicious.

My typical meals must have some sort of meat or fish on it. I'm a carnivore. I don't mind eating healthy foods, but I need to have fish or meat somewhere on the plate or I won't eat it.

Approximate normal daily caloric requirement for an average male who performs light activity is 2,200; for a female, it is 1,900.I mostly consume a lot of high-calorie snacks (not junk food) such as cheese sticks, milk shakes, muffins, dried fruits, yoghurt and breakfast bars.I love pizza with coke...love it...Ymmmmm

Aquanova

Lately my diet has consisted of too much instant Ramen. I know it's not exactly healthy and could be considered junk food, but a lot of days I just dont feel like making anything else for lunch. I really should try and find more healthy things to eat, I like sandwiches on whole wheat bread and things like that so I ought to eat more of those.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I also should start eating more healthily, at least I've started to eat porridge for breakfast. It certainly gives you more useful nutrients than your average bread and keeps you satisfied much longer.

psychonerderer

porrage? PORRAGE? What are you, some kind of European, or something???

oh,you are. you're welcome for that global economic collapse, and contnuous antagonation of the worlds most religiously over-reactive social club.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Basically 2 or 3 meals a day.

I always eat breakfast and dinner, but sometimes I don't have lunch since I'm too busy.

The Master Chief

i can eat a bunch of junk food all day but due to the combination of my body's fast matbolism and me "not eating enough" i still weigh almost less than average xD but hey being skinny has its perks =P

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i can eat a bunch of junk food all day but due to the combination of my body's fast matbolism and me "not eating enough" i still weigh almost less than average xD but hey being skinny has its perks =P

this will probably change after you exit your teens. it happened to me about 15 months ago, randomly put on a few kilos in a couple of weeks after being able to eat whatever without gaining weight.

these days i mostly just eat slightly smaller portions and snack less (and eat less fastfood)

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
My diet is well balanced. In every strip of bacon there has to be a strip of lettuce.

I ain't even mad tho.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Have some people been unable to eat gluten forever? Because I had never heard of anyone not being able to eat gluten (I didn't even actually realize what gluten was) until about a year ago.
Is this something new? Because now I see "gluten free!" advertised on everything from cereal to processed meats, and I never recall hearing about it when I was younger.

No, it is not "something new".