• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Dream Job?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
*Obligatory "if thread already exists, close this one" message here* I looked throughout the polls, and didn't see a duplicate, so yeah.

Title's easy enough to comprehend. What job/jobs do you see yourself doing for your adult years? And if you already have a job, what is it and can you see yourself working there for a long time?

For me, I've recently been seeing myself as a pharmacy technician. A friend of mine told me of a program my college is having this semester that specifies in pharmacist training, and I can really see myself doing something like this. It's indoors, it's not heavy labor, it involves chemicals, which works great with my Chemistry major, and it's a very nice job to work part-time or full-time, depending on my status in college. Sure, it adds the risk of endangering someone's life by giving them the wrong dosage, but its not that likely if one takes the time to make sure he's got the right stuff.

I can also see myself as a historian. Reading about past events in history is something I like to do, and so I can see myself going into that profession, either by being a History teacher, working at a museum, or just being a historian in general.

So that's me and my prospective future. Your turn.

Last edited:

granbull guy

Vasoline
I want to be a pharmasist for the good pay and short hours :3

Mawile412

Problem
i want to be a therapist! i just really want to help people with their emotional troubles. i would love that job

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Uh, strangely enough, I'm also interested in becoming a pharmacist. Unfortunately, Chemistry is one of the subjects I don't care for too much, so... we'll just see how that goes. Not to mention the years of schooling involved.

Of course, what I really want to be is the Chocolate King.

ivanreal

Hysteria Clan Leader
I wanna be a doctor choosing between some but here's 2 physician or oncologist

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
A...fantasy best-selling author...

Some amazing hair stylist in some rich salon in NY or something.
I really have a dream of being a hair stylist, but it's so hard to make good money, unless you get in a really rich/fancy place.

But I think I'm going to go ahead and go to beauty school. :> I've always done people's hair.

If not that, therapist? I like hearing people's problems. And since I've gone through therapy for my crappy OCD emotional breakdowns, I'd be able to relate to the people I help.

Cyan

Mortal
Mafia hitman who drives an ice cream truck

Now THAT is a dream job, my friends

M4zz

Banned
a video game designer. Ive already got a masters degree in visual effects and graphic designs, so, Im aiming high.

ribcage_x

I want to be a make up artist or an alternativ model
But mostly a make up artist ^_^
And if those two dont work out I want to be a hair stylist and possibly open up my own shop

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I'd love to be an author. People tell me I'd be a delightfully mad old lady. I'd also love a career that involves traveling, like a journalist or something.

I want to be a mail-man, No joke. I think it'd be awesome to see all the nice puppies and just for people to know...Yeah I got your mail. Kinda like a super hero.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I've considered writing and composing (moreso the latter), but they sound like a fool's pipedream more than anything.

'Realistically', I'd be a translator, psychologist, physiotherapist :)3) or a marinebiologist.

thunderblade12

I want to be a psychiatrist after college. For right now I'd be happy even just working at McDonalds though. No where is hiring.

mockingjay

swift and lol
An actor. I've only got one role before, but considering my age, that's a great accomplishment.

SkinnySweatyMan

I've got a few. I'm not exactly sure yet, but I've limited it down to three options.

Owner of my own local music(al instrument) store.
Bassist in a band that does some traveling, but not really a traveling band.
English teacher in China.

I've been wanting to own my own music store for years, but for some reason that's becoming less appealing as I've been becoming more and more infatuated with China. I've always had an interest in teaching, but I've never really wanted to teach at schools in the United States for some reason, and for some reason, teaching English in China sounds amazing. I've always loved playing my bass, and if I could make do in a band then I think I'd be happy. I don't want to obtain celebrity status though. I would like to be in a band that plays jazz, blues, punk, reggae, funk, soul, gypsy swing, folk and other styles of music though. I'm not sure if I could get all of those in one. :/

Ethan

Banned
I can't really decide on anything. I've seen this thread a lot and I've probably posted a different thing for each one. There's just a ton of things I see myself doing in life, its hard to pick just one.

At first I wanted to be history professor because, well, I really like history. Getting paid to teach some kids about it sounds like a good deal. But there's that whole "You have to have a doctorate to be a professor." deal. I'm not really sure if I want to go to school for eight years, or longer. Plus the massive amount of debt I would end up having to pay. I guess it would still be worth it though. But what if I get married before then and have a kid? Then that eight years doubles easily. I've also wanted to be a federal prosecutor. I don't think there's another job in the world that could offer more self fullfillment. Knowing that, because of what you told a jury someone is going to go to jail for what they did, would bring a lot of satisfaction and definitley make you feel like you're making a difference. The downside to that is I'd have go to law school, which is ungodly expensive and something I don't even know if I could handle.

Then there's always moving to some poor country in Africa where I can devote my life to helping parentless children...and the funny thing is I'm serious. =/

Oh, the title says "Dream job" so I guess I don't have to be exactly reasonable in my thinking here. If I could be anything I'd probably wish I was a famous rock star or something lmao.