• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your dub names

Status
Not open for further replies.

buneary dude

Buneary dude here! I was just watching Pokemon a minute ago and thought about their names. I was thinking if their could be better names for the characters. So I made a list of the characters what I would like their names to be:

Ash-Jack or Scott

Brock-It is perfect as is!

Dawn-Emily

James-Perect as is!

Jessie-Perfect as is!

Max-Tucker

May-June

Paul-Josh

Zoey-Crystal

I know that there are way more characters, but I would like it to be those names. Say what would you like or toss in some other charcters I didn't say. So what would your dub names be?

Last edited:

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
There all good, except for Paul. Paul should be renamed Zach or something

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I'd call Tracey "Kenny" for sure. It matches his original name.

Ash would probably be "Sammy" or something like that. Misty would be "Casey" or something. Paul would be "Shawn" likely.

I would try to make the names sound closer to the original names. So Dawn would be like... Hilda or something XP

Yeah, some of them don't really work.

Gold10

Enigmatic Unknown
Buneary dude here! I was just watching Pokemon a minute ago and thought about their names. I was thinking if their could be better names for the characters. So I made a list of the characters what I would like their names to be:

Ash-Jack or Scott

Brock-It is perfect as is!

Dawn-Emily

James-Perect as is!

Jessie-Perfect as is!

Max-Tucker

May-June

Paul-Josh

Zoey-Crystal

I know that there are way more characters, but I would like it to be those names. Say what would you like or toss in some other charcters I didn't say. So what would your dub names be?

Ash-Drake

Misty-Kristy

May-Jessica

Sorry I can't do this, their dub names are already embedded in my brain except for Paul

Cedric's_Memory

Ash-Zane

Brock-Adam

James-Van

Jessie-Carrie

Paul-Nathan

Hamstar

o snp.
all of them are good the way they are...

Except for Paul. He seems more.......like. I dunno.
But not a paul xD

Frozir

F-f-freezing... NOT
I'm quite contented with all the names...

And I must say that Ash Ketchum is actually a very unique name. Well it did sound hilarious at first, but to think about it, it's actually quite creative. Now whenever I see ashes (real, burnt ashes) I will be reminded of him.

lisalover

I'm a KA water bunny
I think that all names are good except for 2

Dawn: I think thay should have done digimon treatment, Hikari to Kari

Paul: I shudder at this one. I think it should be more like Jay or Sean, something like that.

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
Idk.Im use to the names...If Ash's name was anything else..Id shudder...thats how use to it i am.and ive been around since the beginning..

Dawn...Im not too sure about

Paul..could have done better but it works...

Other than that..i think its fine...

By The way...a lot of these names you guys are dishing out...just make me cringe...

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I would have named Cyrus "Adam". Starts with the same letter as his Japanese name and suits his goals perfectly.

XxVascoxX

the name are col as they are but their surname is just bad...ash is called ash ketchum:ketchum is near to ketchup....so i suggest we should have called him "Ash De la Sauce Mayonaise Chaude" giving ash a little french familly..(his mother is called delia, right??)

Phoenix Fire

scream your self
Most of them are okay...
except for Paul and Max.
They should be called Ray and Josh.

~Mesprit~

*Summertime*
Ash - Rev
Misty - Zoey
Brock - Alex
Jessie - Gina
James - Kenny
May - Maggie
Max - Danny
Dawn - Kristy
Paul - Robert

Geshhh....

Crystal Clair

Shinji I'd change definitely
Shinji's dub name: Toby (dont ask why), Sean/Shawn or some dark Latin name. I love Latin names, they're so complete and high-class!
However, it wouldn't change his terrible dub voice so ;_;

Hikari's dub name: Heidi maybe.
May: April maybe, although she does look a lot like a May
Hyouta's dub name: Cedric like sedementary or Conner like conglomerate or that old fan name they came out with ages ago that I cant remember. Was it Ryan?
I would've kept Natane's name because it's also a Native American name and Native American culture is associated with grass. Deep meaning but it's there.
Winona - Skylar maybe or Claudia

most of the others are good

Leona

YOU JELLY?
hmm interesting thread :O

Well i've always wanted to call Ash a common name like John or Daniel

Misty = Maybe something like Janet or Jay
May = Lizzie or Phoebe :p
Dawn = Natasha (such a beautiful name)
Brock = Shang
Tracey = Dorian

Yeah names for them i would of wanted i guess

Rex Kamex

... Actually, if I picked their names, I'd keep them the same (Satoshi and Kasumi and what not).

I really can't think of any dub names, anyway.

KetchupO

tωisted
ash- smex :) ..or drei
brock- brock
misty- sarene
may- *****
Max- annoying...scott :/
Tracey- Its perfect and suits him
dawn- ****
Paul- Lukas or Erik
Gardenia- floria (it sucks I know :p)
:)

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Agreed with Zoey being Crystal

Ash's name should be something short, I like Ash the way it is...or maybe Red!

XxVascoxX

Agreed with Zoey being Crystal

Ash's name should be something short, I like Ash the way it is...or maybe Red!
Unfortunatly the red name has already been taken in the manga ...but nevertheless we can still hope that a new character name red makes an appearance..(maybe it already made an appearance)..
well i have a name for brock - Frank or Frankie

Bobaboba

If I was in charge I WOULD'NT EVEN DUB POKEMON

Satsohi
Hikari
Nozomi
Kasumi
Takeshi
Haruka
Musashi
Kojiro
Shinji