• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your ethics on hacking

Recently one of my friends has run into a hacked pokemon and he released it the moment he found out as he can't stand anything hacked, even if its to raise a pokemons level or EV's, but I also have another friend who doesn't mind hacks as long as they fall into the parameters of what the game would allow (basically, as long as it knew legit moves and was caught in a legitimate place and at a legit level).

So I was wondering what other peoples ethics towards hacked pokemon are? With some being fairly relaxed about it but some being very uptight about it, what applies to you?

Last edited:

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
i was preparing to get into a heated debate on anonymous or something, but then i realized it was just pokemon :)
i don't care if you hack, as long as you don't trade the hacks to me

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
I don't really mind hacking. It's none of my business if some people want to hack their Pokémon-games, anyway.
I myself never trade away any hacks I have. Either I just keep them (if I hacked them myself), or release them (if they were hacked by others).

Klaus™

Banned
as long as it is technically legal, im fine. moveset, evs, ivs, lvl, ability, all that. though on some days it bugs me....

Watchog

Lv. 50
For Legal DW abilities, and natural stats, item's and shiny, i really don't care "IN FACT" sometimes it's really hard to get what you want so. as long as it isn't a completely fake pokemon with fake IVS and caught on masterball i don't mind.
(I DESPISE MASTERBALL'S!! AND LEGENDARIES!!!).

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
I don't particularly like getting hacks- it's a bit wrong to trade them off. Any "in-game" hacking eg RNG is fine with me (I used to do it). But using a Game-Shark of something just takes the fun out of it. *Sometimes* hacking is useful for competitive play as long as you don't mind it: plus hacking Lv.100 pokemon like Zigzagoon means you can get good items with Pick-Up

Last edited:

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
On competitive teams, I Sav all my Pokes because it's boring if you use the same team every battle aswell as the fact I dont have time to breed or hatch ****.
In-game, I see absolutely no point in hacking because it just makes the game boring.

i don't mind if others hack, but i do think it's really cheap. especially when there are means to get the stuff they hacked for like ho-oh seeing as you can get it from pokemon colosseum.

I am okay with others hacking as long as they are only doing it to save time. Hacking a Pokémon that is fully EV trained is okay because it is completely possible to have a fully EV'd Pokémon without hacking. It just makes it quicker. It's also okay to hack for events they missed as long but they shouldn't give it invalid moves/stats/etc. I don't mind getting a hacked Pokémon in a trade, either. I wouldn't care unless the Pokémon was illegal. Although if I do find out that you've given me a hacked Pokémon, I'm still going to report you so you won't scam others.

Azyvli

Legendary Assassin
I don't hate hacking... I just don't do it as much. It makes it easier... but where's the fun in that?

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I don't really care, as long as what you are hacking is either an event pokemon, but keeping within game parametters, or any old pokemon, within game parameters. Heck, I don't even care if you hack to level something up, because they only one you hurt is yourself.

thekorean

I have no issues if people want to hack breeding system.

Gamefreak went full retard mode on this. WHO HAS FUN JUST WALKING AROUND WAITING FOR EGGS TO HATCH? Its utterly pathetic. Whoever that thought it was a good idea needs to be euthanized.

I dont hack my newer main games but every so often I will replay my fire red or emerald and hack that just for fun. would never trade a hacked pokemon though

gabric

i disagree with most hacks simply cause they are made into impossibly strong pokes but ill be honest if the pokes had the stats and moves or a reg poke then id be almost glad to get in in certain cases like making my own team i wouldnt mind getting a shiny flawless chimchar that is hacked over a legit one i wont trae it and ill release it once im done with the game. of course if i dont no its a hack id be pretty mad

Wartusk

Blaziken FTW!!!
I'm not a big fan of hacking. But I don't really care if other's do it, unless they beat me with one of their hacked Pokemon.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I don't care about hacking, if the person hacking does not use the hacked Pokémon competitively.

I don't hack, because I only play the in-game and it would make the game too easy/boring.