• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your experiences with cancer

sHaYmIn_MaStEr

ledendary master
my mom runs a daycare and one of our kids[4-5 yrs ago] got lukimea [howeva u spell it] but she made it through, i c her every so often around town..
and my grandma died of pancreatic cancer, they could have removed it, but she was diabetic so she needed her pancreas 2 survive, and then i eventually took her bout 2 years later, march 21, 2005

Caelesti

dancing queen
My grandmother died from pancreatic cancer recently. :/

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
My former 1st grade teacher had died to some kind of bone cancer or something along those lines.

My first dog died of cancer about two years back. Or one. We got the tumor removed but it came back and took him down. I miss him a lot.

I had Lung Cancer 2 years ago and I have stage 2 brain cancer now. Hurrah! -__-

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
My Grandpa died of cancer, and hopefully my dad dies of it within the next 15 years.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
No one in my whole family never had or has cancer (luckily). However,my mother's friend's cat died was diagnosed with cancer but, she put her down rather then have her got through surgery. The cat was about 14 anyway.

No one in my whole family never had or has cancer (luckily). However,my mother's friend's cat died was diagnosed with cancer but, she put her down rather then have her got through surgery. The cat was about 14 anyway.
I highly doubt that is not true. You just probably don't know of anyone who has.

VTUSH

<---Hatched
My grampa had bowel cancer and didn't make it, but that was three years ago.
Also a boy in my year had luekemia and he survived, i don't like him much, he wanted everyone in our year to give him presents. So the teachers did, they gave him a TV. a PSP and other stuff.

bigbossman

all mine grandparents died because of lung cancer

the last one who died was mine grandmother of my mums side she really suffered a lot so I was somehow reliefed that she didn't had to fight anymore

Djura

99% chance to hit
My old science teacher had a baby girl who died of cancer.

EmpressMyuu

I had a bus driver some time ago that got lung cancer. Funny thing is, he never even smoked.

Was he exposed to secondhand smoke a lot? I worry about myself possibly having lung cancer since I'm still constantly exposed to secondhand (my father lies to me about quitting...and the odor wafts everywhere and gets on everything he touches). As you could guess, I'm not about to increase my risk by picking up a cigarette myself. Or maybe the bus exhaust did it?

My grandfather died due to prostate cancer nearly five years ago. But, that's my only experience with it.

runka

Charizard pwns it!
*sniff* My grandfather died of lung cancer when I was very young, about 3 or 4. He never smoked, and second hand smoke wasn't there either.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
The mother of a friend of mine died of a rare and particularly aggressive type of cancer, but that's as far as my experience goes.

*sniff* My grandfather died of lung cancer when I was very young, about 3 or 4. He never smoked, and second hand smoke wasn't there either.

Smoking isn't the only cause of lung cancer, you know.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Also a boy in my year had luekemia and he survived, i don't like him much, he wanted everyone in our year to give him presents. So the teachers did, they gave him a TV. a PSP and other stuff.

"Hey let's give this kid material items so when he soon dies, he'll be burning in hell without them!" as compared to bringing him a trip to disneyland or something. I hate those "Give me give me, I'm dying!" people, always wanting everything except the cure.

My Pepe was treated for prostate cancer and is still alive and well, other than that, nothing. Unless that's what my cat died of, cancer, living with toddlers, it's all deadly.

Josiah

is your favorite
My friends mom has/had cancer (don't know if she's still being treated). Learned about it in a rather awkward way. He said something about a hospital and one of my other friends said 'your mom is in the hospital'. And he said 'yeah, she is'.

Hero

OOHH YEE YOU WANT ME
My gran died of ovarian cancer about 3 years ago, she suffered quite a lot with it but she fought it like a fucking trooper andalways had a smile on her face for everyone.
And my best friend's girlfriend had leukemia when she was 15 but she pulled through and is the healthiest she's ever been nowadays.

Props to whoever made the most depressing fucking thread ever by the way. Am I witnessing maybe the most un-trollable thread ever, or is somebody going to be troll enough to handle the insane lack of morality needed to pull off such a feat?

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
"Hey let's give this kid material items so when he soon dies, he'll be burning in hell without them!" as compared to bringing him a trip to disneyland or something. I hate those "Give me give me, I'm dying!" people, always wanting everything except the cure.

Although I think asking for stuff just for being ill is kinda taking the piss, saying anyone who has had cancer doesn't want the cure is really taking the piss.

T_T I'm offended.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
My grandparents died from cancer, they weren't smokers but there's a family history of it.