1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite 3DS Game of 2013?

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Torpoleon, Dec 31, 2013.

?

What is your favorite 3DS game of 2013?

1. Pokémon X & Y

40.4%
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

15.8%
  3. Fire Emblem: Awakening

15.8%
  4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

12.3%
  5. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

5.3%
  6. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

3.5%
  7. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mario Party: Island Tour

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (please specify)

7.0%
  1. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

This year was an amazing year for the 3DS. We had a great title almost every month.

My favorite was Pokémon Y. It was such a great Pokémon game and easily my favorite in the series. I know I say this every year, but it will be hard to beat. Other titles like Awakening, New Leaf & ALBW were amazing as well!

What was your favorite of 2013?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Slurpuff and Alcremie both deserve love

It's between Pokemon X and Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'll go with Pokemon because I play that more often. xD

3. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

What? No Bravely Default?
    Oh wait it's still not released in the US. lel.

2013 was another year where a Pokemon game was released towards the end of the year. When asking on a pokemon forum of all places I think it's clear who the winner will be. I'm voting FE:A, but I'm sure that will do fairly well despite the pokemon bias. Zelda has strong lore, but not a lot of narrative, Pokemon has always had average stories, bar BW and Mario has no story. FE:A has dozens of fleshed out characters with a level of strategy that leaps far beyond other games I've played.
    Though I like pokemon, only in the coming years following the shift to 3D will it ever become my game of the year. I can only see it as something I would enjoy not everybody like a GOTY should.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  4. Munchy

Munchy =)

Pokémon X is great but I'm gonna go with Mario Kart 7. I've owned it longer than Pokémon X and still find myself playing it (the online game is best) so I figured I'd say that. I don't have a big collection of games yet so I might be missing out on some good ones, I'd like to try out AC: New Leaf at least.

5. Completion

Completion Banned

Mario and Luigi Dream Team all the way. It had a really fun plot, it had great length and the battle mechanics were the best in the series.

6. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Must've been damn good to be voted game of the year two years after its release. :p

It's probably a tie between XY and A Link Between Worlds for me, but I voted for Zelda because I prefer it as a franchise and everybody's gonna vote for Pokemon. I really enjoyed ALBW, though. The puzzles were pretty creative and it was probably the most fun I've had playing Zelda in a long time.

7. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Senran Kagura Burst is clearly the 3DS game of 2013, what the hell have you guys been playing?

8. ~Kingdom of Earth~

~Kingdom of Earth~ Sun shines through

I have to say Animal Crossing: New Leaf mainly because I still play it daily, Pokémon X got swapped for Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, which I was tempted to vote for, and Kid Icarus Uprising after Christmas day.

9. Dragalge

Dragalge Naganadel

I enjoy both Pokémon X and Y along with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds but I voted for ALBW because of the fresh and creative puzzles. Pokémon X and Y on the other hand is my 2nd favourite Pokémon game behind BW2 (who is tied with Platinum on my list). All the new Pokémon plus MegaEvolutions we're very well designed personally from Fennekin, Yveltal, Aegislash and more.

Overall I love both games and I class ALBW as my favourite handheld Zelda game with OoT.

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "What are yeh looking at. Gimme my booty back."

Fire Emblem: Awakening for sure. It had everything I could ask for.

I was going to say Pokemon X, but just because the characters are super stereotypical and boring, and the plot is pure baloney at its finest doesn't put it that high to me. Yes, yes, I should focus on the gameplay instead, but the main game is just there for you to sneeze and kill right after. WHERE'S MY CHALLENGE MODE?!

The rest of the world isn't Europe. Why do you think SMT IV isn't there?

11. Mr. Ribbles

Mr. Ribbles Cubchoo Lover

Woo! Someone else who agrees!

M&L Dream Team for me, but X and Y come in a close second.

12. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is why I didn't list games like Bravely Default or SMT IV. They aren't out in all the major markets yet. I suppose someone who has played either of those games could just click the Other option if they felt one of them was their GOTY.

13. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

This is a difficult one for me. It's a toss-up between New Leaf and ALBW, with X/Y probably out of the running because of it being such a disappointment in many areas.

I think it has to be New Leaf in the end, for the sole reason that I'm still playing it on a regular basis to this day. In retrospect, ALBW for me was lacking in some areas and just wasn't the shiny new innovative bastion of fun which I expected it to be.

14. Myrrh

Myrrh Well-Known Member

Other: Fire Emblem: Awakening. The only other game I got this year was Pokemon X, & by itself coming off the heels of Black 2 it was not as impressive in many ways. It's not a fair comparison though. However, if I had gotten Senran Kagura: Burst like I wanted to that would have been it instead.

15. Munchy

Munchy =)

Hahaha, stupid me! I got the game myself early last year so it felt like such a new game, funny how it's been out for so long already.

But anyway, my choice would then definitely be XY.

16. Dragoniss

Dragoniss I'm 26 now, why am I still here?

I kinda made a big post on this in the best video game of 2013 thread, and ironic enough all 3 of those games were 3DS games, so I feel the same applies here.

I'm voting for X and Y. I just think these games are perfect. So much better than the eeeuhg I had with black and white.

I'll also mention Animal Crossing New Leaf and Fire Emblem Awakening. They are great games, they just don't make the cut for me. If you want to read my long post in the other topic you can, but i'd be repeating myself here.

17. Chibi_Muffin

Chibi_Muffin Smart Cookie

I can't make up my mind between Pokemon X, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. All are brilliant games in their own right and are so different and do different things so well that I can't pick a clear winner between them.

18. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

There were so many awesome 3DS games this year that got me into a few new series. It was a good year for the 3DS. My favorite has to be Pokémon X and Y. They are such a big step forward to the series, and have so much to offer to keep you playing. Not to say that the other games don't, but that's where the favorite part comes in, and my favorite was X and Y.

19. Cloneydew2000

Cloneydew2000 WildScraggyAppeared!

Weegee's Mansion Dark Moon, then Animal Crossing New Leaf. This may well change when I unlock more stuff in New Leaf though.

20. tomatohater

tomatohater Golden Sun 4?

I voted for Fire Emblem: Awakening. What a game! Great story, great characters, and addictive gameplay!

EDIT: OMFG how could I forget Bravely Default?!?!? It is also a sublime game, although Fire Emblem: Awakening still wins it by a little!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014