• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Favorite Alolan Pokemon?

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
For me it’s Komala, Nihilego, Primarina, Lycanroc, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Raichu and Magearna.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
722.png

Rowlet is adorable - it's got a lil bow-tie made out of leaves, isn't that cute? I loved Ash's in the anime which added to its appeal, and then it went ahead and evolved into Decidueye, our first Ghost-typed starter! Pretty cool. I just like its vibes, and it's my go-to starter of choice for the Alola games.

Tsukisha

It was nice for once to have a more feminine looking starter and Primarina is a cutie. Such amazing animations this Pokémon had in Sun/Moon.

Ryker101

Surprisingly it’s Incineroar. I was originally gonna choose Rowlet changed after the final evolutions. He was an absolute beast and pretty fun to use in game. I love its design and versatile movement. Fire/dark is also a sick typing. But smash and the anime really elevated it for me, great gimmicky character to mess around with and get disgustingly early KOs

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
For regular Pokémon I would have to go with the midnight form of Lycanroc. A fast, hard-hitting Pokémon that is inspired from werewolves was something I didn’t know I wanted. I actually use one on my battle team that I use against my friends. The design is great while the movepool and ability combination make it a threat.

With the introduction of regional forms I would tip my hat to Ninetales. A Pokémon that became outclassed over the years gets a chance to start anew and have a legitimate niche in the Pokémon world. Definitely one of my favorites.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Lycanroc-Midday - sleek and fast, unlike most Rock-types, and Accelerock is a great move.
Primarina - elegant and has a good movepool and high Special Attack.
Silvally - has a disturbing backstory, a cool Ability, and a decent movepool.
Lunala - majestic and elegant and has a nice signature Ability.
Vikavolt - looks cool, has a wide movepool and amazing Special Attack, and gets Agility to patch up its awful Speed.
I also really like: Decidueye, Salazzle, Wishiwashi, Oricorio-Sensu, Araquanid, Mimikyu, Nihilego, Celesteela, Naganadel, and Minior.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
All of the Starters. They are all equally balanced.

Lycanroc Dusk
Solgaleo

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Team Rocket got two of the best Pokemon in Alola working with (or against) them. Mimikyu and Bewear. The team of those two is like Ursaring and Donphan back in Crystal, where they can be powerhouse anchors for a team, because they both hit like trucks. For regionals, Alolan Raichu and Marowak were my favorites. Fire/Ghost is one of my favorite type combos, and I was not at all prepared the first time I fought Hau's Alolan Raichu. It destroyed me several times.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Decidueye, Incineroar, Zeraora, Salazzle, Lurantis and Drampa are some of my favorites. Does Ash-Greninja count as a Alolan Pokemon or a Kalosian one?
I guess it belongs to Kalos because Greninja’s based form is from there and because at least in the anime that’s where the transformation first took place.

treatyofversigh

Even though gen 7 wasn't my fave by any means, it DID have a lot of awesome designs. My favorite would probably have to be Lunala, because I love all the bat Pokémon and it's a pretty galaxy bat. It's easily in my top three fave box legends. Primarina is probably my second fave, since I love mermaids. I like Drampa, Lurantis, and Oricorio (the ghost form, in particular) a lot, too!

Baggie_Saiyan

Where to begin lol I love so many Gen 7 Mons!

If I were to narrow it down to a top 5:

A Ninetales
Primarina
Lunala
Toucannon
Lurantis

I was team Decidueye but using Primarina in USUM I learned to appreciate it's design more and she was just so reliable!

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I have a hard time narrowing this down.

Listed in no particular order
Litten
Primarina
Rockruff
Lycanroc Dusk form
A. Sandslash
Solgaleo

Orphalesion

Primarina, Cutifly/Ribombee Alolan Ninetales, Mimikyu, Shiinotic (I sometimes had like four fairy types on my team in that game, Sun and Moon just introduced so many great Fairy Types)
Toucannon, Lycanroc, Bewear and Pallosand.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

A whole bunch actually

The starters and their evolutions, Toucannon, Vikavolt, Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales, Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash, Alolan Raichu, Rockruff and Midday Lycanroc, Dewspider and Aquanid, Mudsdale, Stufful and Bewear, Lurantis, Drampa, Ribbombee, Tapu Koko and Lele, Buzzwole, Poipole, Naganadel, Guzzlord, and all of the mythicals with Marshadow being my personal favorite.

Gen 7 really knocked it out of the park with the Pokemon designs

Last edited: