1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite dubs

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by matt0044, Dec 13, 2012.

1. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Title says it all. If by chance dubs aren't your cup of tea (for lack of better words), then my recommendation is to ignore this thread since... well, look at the title.

Anyways, be detailed, be fair, be mature and all that stuff.

2. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

I actually prefer the DBZ dub. Goku doesn't sound like a little girl.

3. matt0044

He doesn't sound like that in the JPN version. Very young for an adult, yes, but not a "little girl." More like a little boy nearing puberty but just missed. Sadly, Toei didn't want to let go of Masako Nozawa and have fans get use to a new actor, age be damned.

4. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

i've only seen a couple of dubs but i liked fullmetal alchemist's the most. i didn't see anything wrong with lucky star's either but for some reason people really disliked that one, especially konata's voice actress.

5. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Pokemon 4Kids English Dub is one I prefer, could be growing up with it but I feel there's more to it than meets the eye. I tried the other two options and still do so, and yeah, don't like em as much except there's no edits so plus mistakes and the like as much, true, but something about the way 4Kids dubbed it sits really well with me. Seriously I can't explain it but IMO they did a great job for the most part with the voices and since I'm a stickler for awesome voice acting and music over editing and replacing stuff, this dub is possibly one of my favorites and I rather it than the subs.

As for Dragonball, Masako Nozawa is actually really good so now I'm in favor of JPN Dragonball again. When you think about it, Goku is a kid at heart so I mean you want to reflect that as much as possible. I've never had a problem with either Ocean Group or FUNimation dubs though.

I have never watched JPN FMA but I thought the dub was great, no complaints here.

Also I think the Dragonball dub (not the Z dub) is FUNimation's best (including Kai) and really showcased Stephanie Nadolny's talent as Kid Goku. Her Kid Gohan was too deep and I've grown to like Colleen Clinkenbeard more for that role.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  6. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Slayers, 4Kids Pokemon, Baccano!, Durarara!!, and Hellsing and Haruhi but only because of Crispin Freeman's awesome voice. (Wendee Lee and Stephanie Seh's performances in Haruhi can get grating)

7. matt0044

To merely quote Colress (from the Pokemon BW2 Trailer): I disagree (the latter especially since Stephanie matches Mikuru's JPN voice).

That is all. If you wish to reply, I'd like it if you were to VM me.

Oh yes and inb4 anyone else posts Cowboy Bebop.

8. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

I eagerly await the day a dub is released in which Crispin Freeman voices every character. If they don't want him to dub the females then I will only accept Sawashiro Miyuki since she has provided dub voices in the past. Until then, no dub is my favourite.

9. It's funny because Crispin Freeman is best friends with some of my favorite dub VAs, the original Pokemon dub crew. He was even a prominent writer for the first season of the dub as I understand it. I like his work best as Zelgadis, Itachi, and Alucard.

10. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Um... no thanks?

I'm perfectly fine if you disagree with me, I'm not upset about it or anything.

Check again bub.

This would be the most glorious thing ever.

11. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Degrassi Student

Digimon dub can't stand the japanese version. While I love the Naruto dub I'll admit the Japanese version is quite good too. Best dub VA would be Dave and Yuri for me in Naruto

12. Princess Raspberyl

Princess Raspberyl ~Shining One~

I quite like FMA's dub. Code Geass had a pretty good one too. ^_^

13. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Patrick Seitz is the best American VA.

14. matt0044

That would be a very, very tall order. Like Empire State building tall. XD jk.

15. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

I enjoyed the Black Butler dub. The story is set in Victorian England, so the fact that they spoke English and had British accents made a lot of sense.

16. xerxes

yeah... i always found it sort of awkward when a story is placed in the usa or anywhere else outside of japan but they would speak in japanese regardlessly. i know there's little they can do about it but still.

17. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Gotta be the original yugioh series. I actually prefer the dub voices for the most part.

18. Samantha Sparks

Samantha Sparks Well-Known Member

I love Yuri Lowenthal, Crispin Freeman, and Cristina Vee's voice.

I watched the Haruhi dub once. Kyon's voice was the only one who didn't go over the line. Well, Yuki's too. Michelle Ruff is great too.

In the end, Hellsing's my fave dub.

19. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

This is one of the many things that makes the K-ON! movie so amazing, the fact that the English characters, in England, actually speak English.

I watched the Haruhi dub once, it felt like some kind of torture device you would see in a Saw film, Crispin Freeman being the way to escape said torture device.

20. xerxes

oh man i still have to watch that movie sometime, i can never find the time for it. or any movies for that matter. u_u